• Latest reply 2 years ago by KYpinhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

I work as a Chicago Police officer, and tragedy struck when Officer Ella French was murdered. Her partner sustained a gunshot wound to her eye and is in critical condition.

Ella French was always a friend of the Movie Dirty Harry, and I brainstormed to find a way to honor her. I’ve decided that I’m going to try and buy a Dirty Harry pinball for her precinct as a reminder of the love she shared playing games on that machine as well as her desire to be a police officer.

I’d like the opinion of the forum users to think what they thought of this as a gift to her legacy. One of the assistant superintendents, thought thought it woke be a touching memory of a hero lost. I’m also playing her shield and plaque as a memory towards her.

I just wanted to know what the pinball community thought of this.

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Also, please forgive grammatical errors as I’m typing this on my phone.

#3 2 years ago

Being from a suburb of Chicago I know the enormous daily struggles you fine men and women in blue have to deal with on a daily basis. Heartbreaking news about Ella, and I think this is a great idea to honor her memory in a unique way. I hope it comes to fruition.
Maybe our piece of shit Mayor Laurie Lightfoot can learn a thing or two about honoring and respecting our officers from this nice opportunity your are presenting.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Being from a suburb of Chicago I know the enormous daily struggles you fine men and women in blue have to deal with on a daily basis. Heartbreaking news about Ella, and I think this is a great idea to honor her memory in a unique way. I hope it comes to fruition.
Maybe our piece of shit Mayor Laurie Lightfoot can learn a thing or two about honoring and respecting our officers from this nice opportunity your are presenting.

I was one of the officers in the ICU when Mayor Lightfoot came into to make it seem like she cared. I’m so proud of the officers that gave her the back including myself. I’m an older man, but I was fighting back tears. I haven’t been this emotional since the birth of my baby.

What hurts is that her partner whom was shot in the eye was at my house discussing ambitions to work for the federal government as a federal agent. I’ve never been so heartbroken. I know this is cliche, but PLEASE tell those you love how much you love them. I can’t even begin to convey the depression I’m feeling. I’m so torn inside.

#5 2 years ago

First off, I’m very sorry for your loss and the loss of the community. Both of my parents were policemen, and I’ve seen this first hand. It’s indescribable.

I would offer the best memorial would be in support of Officer French’s mother and brother. Certainly, a DH pinball machine would be cool, but they’re big, loud, prone to break, and most importantly, expensive. Perhaps that money could be better used towards her family or the precinct.

When my dad died, his precinct lowered the flag half-staff and gave me a plaque with the picture and some thoughtful words. That was enough and I still have it.

Again, I’m sorry for your loss.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

First off, I’m very sorry for your loss and the loss of the community. Both of my parents were policemen, and I’ve seen this first hand. It’s indescribable.
I would offer the best memorial would be in support of Officer French’s mother and brother. Certainly, a DH pinball machine would be cool, but they’re big, loud, prone to break, and most importantly, expensive. Perhaps that money could be better used towards her family or the precinct.
When my dad died, his precinct lowered the flag half-staff and gave me a plaque with the picture and some thoughtful words. That was enough and I still have it.
Again, I’m sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much for the condolences. I already donated a thousand dollars to her family as well as the flowers. The pinball was for the troops to rally them up and make them remember every time they saw it in our lounge. Maybe the idea was stupid, but I’m not in the best head place right now.

#7 2 years ago

I can’t imagine the stress you all go through to keep order and peace. Please be safe and know that we are wishing you all well. These horrible tragedies sure take a piece of my soul.

#8 2 years ago

Also, would you have a link to a news story that would cover what happened for those across the country that haven’t heard? It might help awareness. Thx

#9 2 years ago

So sorry for the loss of one of your fellow officers. You guys don't get the respect or recognition for the dangerous jobs that you do.
Please keep the good fight and I think a Dirty Harry pin might be something for the troops to enjoy and unwind on after their shift.

#10 2 years ago

I think that's a great idea to honor her memory. I did some searches about the story based on this thread and it's heartbreaking.

If you need help finding one, I suspect brobra can assist.

#11 2 years ago

This is such a terrible situation. It's never been harder to be an officer. I can't believe how foolish and short sighted all of the anti-police rhetoric of the past year or two has become. Facts, logic, and reason seem to be in short supply.

I love the idea of donating a machine. I'd be happy to contribute, and I'm certain that there are enough pinheads close enough to that station to keep it up and running.

#15 2 years ago

I was reading this tragic news story last night, I would not want to be a police officer in the US. It looks brutal.

I had seen that Mayor Laurie Lightfoot in the news several times and she seems to be part of a defund the police movement that is in many states that are also plagued by rising violent crime.
In case of more crime, logic should say double up on funding the police to get things under control, not reducing it.
Seems simple but there also seems to be many things going on socially in the US with Antifa thugs and the Woke movement as well that seem to play a part in all of this defunding nonsense.
There is a lot of hard core politics going on the the background that as a Canadian, I don't fully understand so I will leave that for someone else so I don't upset anyone.

My condolences to the fallen officer, and for the stand the supporting officers took against that Beetlejuice looking Mayor.

I would go with Dirty Harry, everyone can relate to it and it is a fun Police related theme.

#16 2 years ago

Our second in command cancelled the honorary bagpipes session for Officer French, and it was a big slap to all of our faces. Our administration doesn’t give a damn about us. They’ve cancelled all of our RDO’s, haven’t renewed our contract and are mandating us to work 12 hour shifts. And those 12 hour shifts end up being 16 hours due to the lack of proper leadership. And I’m not even mentioning the terrible stuff. Mayor Lightfoot has an agenda against the police, and has said “we don’t need any Dirty Harry’s on this police department. That’s why I came up with the idea of the pinball to raise moral and let her know that the brother/sisterhood is against her. I knew Officer French well, and I’m still mentally suffering from the senselessness.

#17 2 years ago

It would be a nice gesture but on top of what others have said, and with all due respect to the men and women of law enforcement, it could also just be bad optics to have a game like that around. I realize its harmless and tame, but you know how things get spun these days.

#18 2 years ago

Thank you for your bravery and service to your community. That goes out to all officers and military who keep us safe and free. God bless you, those who serve, and those who have fallen giving the ultimate sacrifice.

It’s easy to forget sometimes while we go about our lives, play our games and blissfully enjoy privileges others in the world can only imagine - that those privileges came at at a price only few are brave enough to pay. Thank you Sir!

#20 2 years ago

Her partner.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/po-yanez-shot-and-paralyzed-during-traffic-stop

I’m not a huge fan of this person. He is spot on correct.
https://fb.watch/7qn1hcfFkX/

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#21 2 years ago

I think it is a great idea and I'll definitely kick in if you start a go fund me page. My hat is off to all you police officers out there and you have me and my wife's unwavering respect.

#22 2 years ago

In case you don’t have Facebook access.

#23 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has posted. When I joined the Chicago police, I had hopes of making a difference. Trying to be someone kids could come up to and talk. Be the type of person whose doing the right thing regardless if the camera is rolling or not. But what they did to Officer French (politically) and I’m not excluding her partner who is barely holding on to survival has really hurt me both mentally and physically.

I understand the bad optics of a Dirty Harry pinball machine, but it seems to be that only bad optics get the attention of the media. Our administration and mayor have turned there backs on those that are on the streets 12 hours a day.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Eternia:

Thanks to everyone who has posted. When I joined the Chicago police, I had hopes of making a difference. Trying to be someone kids could come up to and talk. Be the type of person whose doing the right thing regardless if the camera is rolling or not. But what they did to Officer French (politically) and I’m not excluding her partner who is barely holding on to survival has really hurt me both mentally and physically.
I understand the bad optics of a Dirty Harry pinball machine, but it seems to be that only bad optics get the attention of the media. Our administration and mayor have turned there backs on those that are on the streets 12 hours a day.

They can't even get her name correct when "honoring" her.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They can't even get her name correct when "honoring" her.

No they can’t. But they sure could of the felons who were memorialized. I wish I could share some of the horror stories with you. Mind you not of “criminals” in the traditional sense, but of the administration whom are the true criminals.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Eternia:

No they can’t. But they sure could of the felons who were memorialized. I wish I could share some of the horror stories with you. Mind you not of “criminals” in the traditional sense, but of the administration whom are the true criminals.

I can't gets started on your city and its mayor or I will get hit by the pinside police again, but I do appreciate your service and am very sorry for you loss.

#27 2 years ago

I want to thank everyone here who has posted and for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Also, if anyone is selling a Dirty Harry pinball machine, or is aware of one for sale. Please let me know. I brought up the idea with our FOP President, and he appreciated the message and moral that it might bring.

#28 2 years ago

Maintaining morale in the face of a horrible and unfair situation is a difficult thing to do. My heart goes out to you.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Eternia:I work as a Chicago Police officer, and tragedy struck when Officer Ella French was murdered. Her partner sustained a gunshot wound to her eye and is in critical condition.
Ella French was always a friend of the Movie Dirty Harry, and I brainstormed to find a way to honor her. I’ve decided that I’m going to try and buy a Dirty Harry pinball for her precinct as a reminder of the love she shared playing games on that machine as well as her desire to be a police officer.
I’d like the opinion of the forum users to think what they thought of this as a gift to her legacy. One of the assistant superintendents, thought thought it woke be a touching memory of a hero lost. I’m also playing her shield and plaque as a memory towards her.
I just wanted to know what the pinball community thought of this.
Thanks!

Quoted from Eternia:

I was one of the officers in the ICU when Mayor Lightfoot came into to make it seem like she cared. I’m so proud of the officers that gave her the back including myself. I’m an older man, but I was fighting back tears. I haven’t been this emotional since the birth of my baby.
What hurts is that her partner whom was shot in the eye was at my house discussing ambitions to work for the federal government as a federal agent. I’ve never been so heartbroken. I know this is cliche, but PLEASE tell those you love how much you love them. I can’t even begin to convey the depression I’m feeling. I’m so torn inside.

Thank you for your service! Most American's appreciate you guy's now more than ever! Sadly, many of the Police Chiefs are just a puppet for the politicians these days, same with the high ranking Military officers. Please be cautious at ALL times. May God give you wisdom!

As for the DH machine, I think it's a great idea. Good luck with your search.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/officer-ella-french and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.