Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Office Space as pin title?”

• Totaly 23 votes
      55%
    • WTF is Office Space? 3 votes
      7%
    • Drain it 16 votes
      38%

(42 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

officespace2 (resized).jpg
    Bill Lumbergh 07022019173001 (resized).jpg
    Skjermbilde 2019-02-07 kl. 23.12.09 (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

I posted a joke in the deeproot thread concerning their Quad building technigue, aka No Assembly Line, and it made me actually start thinking this would be a good title for a pin... Stapler ball lock, three amigos on the pop bumpers and a copier/fax machine in the middle... mini game mode could be Don’t jump to a conclusion... all kinds of ideas start boiling up... Collect Flair mode... shoot shots to get cool “Flair” and extra balls... Could have Inatek and Chochtkies buildings... Inatak lights up in yellow and orange from internal lights to simulate burning down. Shoot the restaurant and have interactions with Waitress etc... TPS report mode where your being baraged by every guy about your TPS report, shooting a shot to shut each one up... “Yeah, I’ll get right on those...” I mean this thing writes itself.

Anyone think so too?

#2 5 years ago

Needs a big ass red stapler on the playfield

#3 5 years ago

Worst theme idea I've heard since The Bible.

And keep in mind like 20 new themes are suggested daily.

#4 5 years ago

Milton Multiball sets the playfield on fire? LOL...I love the movie and afaik so far there is no such thing as an office themed pinball...plenty of material for sure...

#5 5 years ago

Here's the translight

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Here's the translight
    [quoted image]

#7 5 years ago

Skjermbilde 2019-02-07 kl. 23.12.09 (resized).pngSkjermbilde 2019-02-07 kl. 23.12.09 (resized).png

#8 5 years ago
    Bill Lumbergh 07022019173001 (resized).jpgBill Lumbergh 07022019173001 (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

Printer bash toy leads to PC Load Letter Multiball.

Mmmkay? Greeeeeat!

#10 5 years ago

"Stapler Scoop"

"Shooting lit shots collects flair!"

"Two Bobs multi ball"

"Avoid hitting standups to help Peter 'miss' work"

Lundbergh "Diner" Mug on playfield

Bash the printer to watch "Kung Fu"

Finish all modes to "Jump to Conclusions"

officespace2 (resized).jpgofficespace2 (resized).jpg
    #11 5 years ago

Big Red Stapler toy mech...

Big Red stapler over right orbit... left ramp is a shot up and around with a diverter to right inlane or stapler to lock three balls... That’s My Stapler multiball and the stapler comes down Cachunk! Ball 1 Cachunk! Ball 2 Cachunk! Ball 3... and you get a super jackpot that scales if you can keep locking all three balls back in the stapler... cash in with an action button, or risk loosing the flow and loosing them all, risk reward...

The mech designs itself... it would act just like a stapler, it could be designed exactly like one too.

#12 5 years ago

Love the film but its not pinball material.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

pinball material.

I understand your preference. But there are a lot of cube dwellers who play pinball, I know because my league is full of them. This is spot on marketing for people who have lived the life and now make bank enough, me included.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I understand your preference.

Which is? just curious

#15 5 years ago

Well, you know I'm a fan of this idea

The LE could even have 37 pieces of flair!

#16 5 years ago

If I had a million dollars, I think I'd want a pinball with 2 playfields at the same time.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Which is? just curious

That Office Space was a good film, but not “pinball material” to you... you stated it pretty clearly. I understand your preference in that regard, no other.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

That Office Space was a good film, but not “pinball material” to you... you stated it pretty clearly. I understand your preference in that regard, no other.

Ok.
    If it does get made this might make a good mode. The Copier

#19 5 years ago

I'm all in on the Jennifer Aniston LE hahaha

#20 5 years ago

Love the idea!

#21 5 years ago

2 ball multiball .. “Doin’ 2 chicks at the same time...”

#22 5 years ago

In a bizarro world where Dutch Pinball was a success, this would’ve been a perfect second pin for them.

#23 5 years ago

Ball drain call out....”someone has a case of the mondays”

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ball drain call out....”someone has a case of the mondays”

or this..

#25 5 years ago

Too many great (and short) callouts to not work. Plenty of plot paths to use as modes as well. I’d enjoy playing a game like that.

#26 5 years ago

Yes, like I said when I created the thread, this pin would design itself. The callouts, the one liners, the ideas for interaction with the theme and the player... two chicks at once two ball multiball is exactly what I am talking about... the source material is ripe for pinball plucking. I just keep thinking of the outcome of the final wizard mode being similar to RTU, except it would be TLS, That’s The Last Straw... every jackpot shows Milton throw another molotav cocktail... until the entire Inatek building is a burning flames lightshow... the flashers doing the red and blue emergency vehicle dance all over the playfield... then the flippers shut off... the balls drain... You burned it to the Ground!!! It takes your picture and puts your face on a person sipping a Mai Tai in their beach chair... and have milton doing a voice over... “He brought me a Margarita instead of a Mia Tai, and I said no salt on the rim... I could write the tourism board and have this place condemned...”

If I was a designer at DR (or Stern, or API, or JJP,) or any new company that was looking for a licensed theme to be their first pin title, this would be a no-brainer in my book. I bet the “37 pieces of Flair waiter” actor guy is available for callouts, he just lost his “likesness rights” lawsuit.

Anyone know Mike Judge personally?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/office-space-as-pin-title?hl=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.