image-370.jpg
image-578.jpg
image-377.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-253.jpg
image-391.jpg
image-764.jpg
DSC09910.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider detroit_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I have never understood the TRON LE pricing/demand. Talk about status symbols. You can pick up a fully modded Tron Pro (with the new light kit) for half this, around $5500. What do you see in the LE that makes that extra $5500 (double the price) so desirable?

Its funny you say this, I cant really answer your question but I own one and its not for sale for $11000. I have owned it for a few years now, and have bought newer pins but Tron Le has stood the test of time..... after 14 years of collecting that means a lot to me. I dont know what my price is but I only paid just over $6 grand for it and you would have to throw silly money at me just to consider it. Take in mind I am building a new house and I just sold off about $30,000 worth of my collection and still the thought never came to my mind........
if that says anything,

Scott
Detroit Pinball

I just had an After Thought, I was at the Tron launch party that Andy Rosa threw back in the day and was active in the launch party tournament. I walked away thinking Tron was mehhh at best, I even played it a few times after the fact. A few months later, Glen from our league (player#4) finally got his pre-ordered Tron Le and we competed on it at league that night and the LE totally changed my opinion on that game. I bought one a week later, thanks Glen! So, even though some mods have since come out for the Pro, I still hold the LE in high regard for changing my opinion of the game. Prices didnt skyrocket on Tron till a few months after the launch of the LE's (May for the Pros and Late Summer for the LE's) and the Tranformers speculation came crashing down.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

That's cool and I respect that ... but can you state why your LE stands the test of time more than a Premium with mods would?

Here you go....I was at the Tron launch party that Andy Rosa threw back in the day and was active in the launch party tournament. I walked away thinking Tron was mehhh at best, I even played it a few times after the fact. A few months later, Glen from our league (player#4) finally got his pre-ordered TRON LE and we competed on it at league that night and the LE totally changed my opinion on that game. I bought one a week later, thanks Glen! So, even though some mods have since come out for the Pro, I still hold the LE in high regard for changing my opinion of the game. Prices didnt skyrocket on Tron till a few months after the launch of the LE's (May for the Pros and Late Summer for the LE's) and the Transformers speculation came crashing down.

I didnt pre-order and I didnt get caught up in any hype, the Pro's were out for 5 months already and the LE's were out for a few months. Every one was hyping Transformers..... and I went against the grain and bought a Tron Le... for around $6200 , to kind of give you an idea what people were thinking of the game at the time. For me, you can say, I called a winner and put my money were my mouth is, there is no reason to mess with anything less.

thanks
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

That's cool and I respect that ... but can you state why your LE stands the test of time more than a Premium with mods would?

Just another speculation theory for the LE, (Fact) Lyman came to the Metro Detroit area to buy a Tron LE for himself. There is always hope/speculation that there is going to be more tailored code for the LE sometime in the future.

we can always dream
Scott
Detroit Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider detroit_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/offering-11000-for-tron-le-fully-moddedhuo?tu=detroit_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.