image-370.jpg
image-578.jpg
image-377.jpg
image-612.jpg
image-253.jpg
image-391.jpg
image-764.jpg
DSC09910.JPG
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Title says it all. Been saving and have the money...want to make TRON LE my first pin, but want it fully modded. Ready to deal today.

#2 10 years ago

bump hahahahaha

#3 10 years ago

I think you'll find one at that price, but it may take longer than ten minutes.

#4 10 years ago

For that price I would sell mine and probably track down a pro. However, I wouldn't do anything that wasn't a cash sale. That much money gets reported if deposited electronically and then I would have to pay tax on it.

#5 10 years ago

well then I'll fly in and pay cash. How's that sound?

#6 10 years ago

#7 10 years ago

Buy centerflank's. For a "fully modded" TRON, I heard his is better than a LE.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Buy centerflank's. For a "fully modded" TRON, I heard his is better than a LE.

Sorry, its up to 13K now. Damn Pinflation.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Way too cheap! Your giving it away at that price.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For $13k, that better come with a Centerflank customized Stern box.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Way too cheap! Your giving it away at that price.

I know, its just time to move on to another unmodded TRON pro.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

For $13k, that better come with a Centerflank customized Stern box.

Any pinsider that purchases it will indeed get the box and the master template.

DSC09910.JPGDSC09910.JPG

#12 10 years ago

If your interested, you'd better by it now. Next week it'll be up to $15K! $50K by Christmas.

#13 10 years ago

This thread has me thinking. I never thought I'd sell my Tron LE - I love it. But what is my selling price? $13K maybe it would do it.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

well then I'll fly in and pay cash. How's that sound?

I don't know if you're serious or not but if so send me a pm. Mods on mine:
- chrome coin door and shooter rod to match chrome trim
- chrome mirror blades
- subwoofer
- blue xpin Dmd
- backboard led kit
- pinballlife lit topper
- arcade v3.0
- lit light cycles
- pinballbulbs led kit
- custom lit backboard
- pinbits colored protectors
- light up recognizer
- shaker motor assuming it wasn't stock. Can't remember.

There might be some stuff I'm forgetting. I'm really not a motivated seller. You could grab the mr pinball 1. That sounds pretty good also.

#15 10 years ago

Coffee through the nose again. Thanks Centerflake.

#16 10 years ago

He was serious about buying a lot of pins

Just do a search under his username

WOZLE
STLE
Predator
MMr

I do think he's a serious buyer, but he needs to find the right game for him, hopefully it's a Tron LE...

#17 10 years ago

I am serious. Decided on TRON LE as my first.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Then bring her home!

#19 10 years ago

Cash talks and bullshit walks....

#20 10 years ago

I have never understood the Tron LE pricing/demand. Talk about status symbols. You can pick up a fully modded Tron Pro (with the new light kit) for half this, around $5500. What do you see in the LE that makes that extra $5500 (double the price) so desirable?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I have never understood the TRON LE pricing/demand. Talk about status symbols. You can pick up a fully modded Tron Pro (with the new light kit) for half this, around $5500. What do you see in the LE that makes that extra $5500 (double the price) so desirable?

Difference between throwing a super charger on a GT mustang and buying a Shelby.

#22 10 years ago

For that price I may be willing to sell my modded out TRON LE. Where are you located?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Then bring her home!

You got one for sale?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I have never understood the TRON LE pricing/demand. Talk about status symbols. You can pick up a fully moddef Tron Pro (with the new light kit) for half this, around $5500. What do you see in the LE that makes that extra $5500 (double the price) worth it?

Agreed. Or a NIB STLE for quite a bit less too. To each their own. This seems to be the one he wants. Maybe he's looking for resale value as the TRON LE's don't seem to go down in price and are harder to come by.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

For that price I would sell mine and probably track down a pro. However, I wouldn't do anything that wasn't a cash sale. That much money gets reported if deposited electronically and then I would have to pay tax on it.

You only ever pay taxes on your gains. If you say you paid 11k when you bought it ... how can the government prove otherwise?? (Unless you used a credit card or something.)

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You got one for sale?

No, not my bag. I just meant, find one you want and get er' done!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You only ever pay taxes on your gains. If you say you paid 11k when you bought it ... how can the government prove otherwise?? (Unless you used a credit card or something.)

lol, that's not how it works, the burden of proof is on you to show the costs offsetting the gains. So either prove it or they assume the entire $11k is profit.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

For that price I may be willing to sell my modded out TRON LE. Where are you located?

New York City...got pictures you can send?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, that's not how it works, the burden of proof is on you to show the costs offsetting the gains. So either prove it or they assume the entire $11k is profit.

True but nothing a hand written bill of sale can't fix. I had to claim a good chunk of change in video games sales last year and have been through this. Also, the only time this matters is IF you get audited.

#30 10 years ago

image-377.jpgimage-377.jpgimage-612.jpgimage-612.jpgimage-253.jpgimage-253.jpgimage-391.jpgimage-391.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-764.jpg

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why?? You could literally own 3-4 other awesome high-rated games for this kind of money (or a loaded Tron Prem plus 2 other games?)

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Also, the only time this matters is IF you get audited.

Heh, true that. I report all income with any kind of paper trail though. Paypal etc? Reported and taxes paid.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

image-764.jpg 391 KB

image-391.jpg 363 KB

image-253.jpg 381 KB

image-612.jpg 149 KB

image-377.jpg 226 KB

Do you like orange? Looking for mods, but not a color change...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Why?? You could literally own 3-4 other awesome high-rated games for this kind of money (or a loaded Tron Prem plus 2 other games?)

What would you get instead?

#35 10 years ago

Nice lineup tatman

#36 10 years ago

where were u 2 weeks ago when I sold mine?

#37 10 years ago

Has shaker, mini arcade,Flynn sign,sub kit, lighted speakers , disks in speakers, bigger light cycles,blue DMD, colored plastic protectors , mirror blades, hooks pop bumper caps, image-65.jpgimage-65.jpgimage-557.jpgimage-557.jpgimage-370.jpgimage-370.jpgimage-578.jpgimage-578.jpg

#38 10 years ago

No idea if this is a legit thread or not, but do people who buy machines in this price range ever play them? I just can't imagine owning a game that I'd feel guilty about playing. I guess I don't have the collector mentality.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Get whatever you want. It's your money. If you realize you were crazy to blow $11k on your first pin later you'll be able to recover most if not all of it back by selling it, always gonna be demand for a Tron LE unless the whole hobby just gets sucked down the toilet.

Great pin, but you'll never see me spend that much on any one title, no one game is worth it. Only you can make that call, I'm not your accountant.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

If I had zero games? There are many great games ... JD, T2, Shadow, etc. etc. These are games still in the $2000-$3500 range and are still great games. I agree with Aurich ... I would never drop that much on a single game ... until I had collected almost all other games first, lol.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, true that. I report all income with any kind of paper trail though. Paypal etc? Reported and taxes paid.

Me too, and it really hurts sometimes but the benefit of a few extra bucks in my pocket isn't worth the consequences if an audit happened. One thing that scares the cr@p out of me is the IRS. You never want them knocking on your door. Since I bought my first home I've always used a CPA, too much at risk.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Has shaker, mini arcade,Flynn sign,sub kit, lighted speakers , disks in speakers, bigger light cycles,blue DMD, colored plastic protectors , mirror blades, hooks pop bumper caps,

image-578.jpg 250 KB

image-370.jpg 245 KB

image-557.jpg 270 KB

image-65.jpg 259 KB

Do the light cycles light up? I like lights

#43 10 years ago

so someone sell him the pin already.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I have never understood the TRON LE pricing/demand. Talk about status symbols. You can pick up a fully modded Tron Pro (with the new light kit) for half this, around $5500. What do you see in the LE that makes that extra $5500 (double the price) so desirable?

Its funny you say this, I cant really answer your question but I own one and its not for sale for $11000. I have owned it for a few years now, and have bought newer pins but Tron Le has stood the test of time..... after 14 years of collecting that means a lot to me. I dont know what my price is but I only paid just over $6 grand for it and you would have to throw silly money at me just to consider it. Take in mind I am building a new house and I just sold off about $30,000 worth of my collection and still the thought never came to my mind........
if that says anything,

Scott
Detroit Pinball

I just had an After Thought, I was at the Tron launch party that Andy Rosa threw back in the day and was active in the launch party tournament. I walked away thinking Tron was mehhh at best, I even played it a few times after the fact. A few months later, Glen from our league (player#4) finally got his pre-ordered Tron Le and we competed on it at league that night and the LE totally changed my opinion on that game. I bought one a week later, thanks Glen! So, even though some mods have since come out for the Pro, I still hold the LE in high regard for changing my opinion of the game. Prices didnt skyrocket on Tron till a few months after the launch of the LE's (May for the Pros and Late Summer for the LE's) and the Tranformers speculation came crashing down.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yes they light up

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from tb0ne:

I guess I don't have the collector mentality.

it's more of a sickness. Count yourself lucky

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Sweet! I'll sell you this for $10K then. That's $1K less than you're looking to spend!
image-732.jpgimage-732.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Mine is not going anywhere for $11K. Nor $12K. Silly, but I am not parting with it. My favorite game of all time.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

Its funny you say this, I cant really answer your question but I own one and its not for sale for $11000. I have owned it for a few years now, and have bought newer pins but TRON LE has stood the test of time..... after 14 years of collecting that means a lot to me. I dont know what my price is but I only paid just over $6 grand for it and you would have to throw silly money at me just to consider it. Take in mind I am building a new house and I just sold off about $30,000 worth of my collection and still the thought never came to my mind........
if that says anything,
Scott
Detroit Pinball

That's cool and I respect that ... but can you state why your LE stands the test of time more than a Premium with mods would?

#50 10 years ago

There is no premium TRON

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/offering-11000-for-tron-le-fully-moddedhuo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.