Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Noobee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    20160824_120112 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20131223_135612_908 (resized).jpg
    i0000010 (resized).jpg
    51N+gHa4oAL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Greetings! We have to say goodbye on Wednesday to our beloved Siberian Husky of 14 years. We have no children and he is the only child we have ever had. Please think of us at 11am as we say goodbye to our beloved friend. Best, Charlie & Lisa

#2 7 years ago

Sorry Charlie and Lisa. My sincere condolences on the loss of your furry best friend and family member. It's rough I know.

#3 7 years ago

I'll be thinking of you. Losing a loved one is terrible.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago

I am sorry for your loss.

#5 7 years ago

Sorry to hear the sad news Charlie and Lisa, it's a tough thing for sure to do. My family lost our boxer Ellie ( my avatar here) not quite 3 years ago she was pushing 13. My new girl Allie helped out tremendously. Still not a day goes by she doesn't pop into my head. Truly dogs are better then most people I know.

#6 7 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss.
    It is one of the most painful things to go through.
    Take comfort in knowing that you are doing the right thing for your friend.
    I have been there too. Several times.

And as most dog lovers, you will find another one.

Remember, he has lived a long and happy life with you.
    That is the most you can do.

My thoughts are with you.
    Eric

#9 7 years ago

Sorry for your loss. My dog received a terminal diagnosis 2 months ago, has clearly degraded, but still seems to have more good days than bad. Knowing when it say goodbye is very difficult. I hope it brings you peace.

#10 7 years ago

Bless you all and your comments. My wife and I are finding comfort in them.

#11 7 years ago

Sorry man, it's hard to lose a friend like that

#12 7 years ago

Never a easy thing to say goodbye to a beloved pet. We just did it several months ago. The good news is he had 14 great years. Prayers your way.

#13 7 years ago

Losing a furry friend is one of the worst parts of life, but going through life with them is one of the best. Sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure you gave your pooch the best life you could.

#14 7 years ago

I said goodbye to Petunia about a month ago. She used to ride on my shoulder out to the mailbox every day. I miss her.

My condolences to you.

#15 7 years ago

I had the vet come to my house and put my arthritic golden (12 hard NE winters) retriever down as she hated the vets office and I didn't want her last minutes to be stress filled. She was on the couch as I fed her bacon w/peanut butter. Had to carry her out to the docs car. Cried for a week. She was with me while I was a single guy up until I had my second child.
    So, so sorry for your loss. The pics is from our young pup years

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

One morning while eating breakfast, I looked at my dog (my avatar) who was sitting by my wife on her chair, just chillin' with her peeps. I started tearing up, and my wife asked me why I was crying. I told her I was thinking about the day we'll have to put her down. She laughed at me and pointed out that it would probably be more than 10 years away. Doesn't matter. Outside of losing a spouse or child, it's the worst thing ever.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'm sending you a great big internet hug.

#17 7 years ago

Sorry, man. Sad news indeed.

#18 7 years ago

Very sad. Huskies are beautiful dogs. If it's any consolation, it's nice that your pup had a long life and wasn't taken from you prematurely. My friend lost his last two at 3 and 7. Post a picture!

#19 7 years ago

Sorry to hear. We put down our 13 year old golden four years ago. One of the toughest things I ever had to do. you are doing what is best for the dog and keeping him from suffering...you are a good owner.

#20 7 years ago

So sad,I dread this day coming with my Dobby and Chocolate
    Mike

#21 7 years ago

Heartbreaking. I still remember being 16 and sitting in the back of our car as my dog of 14 years was being driven to be put down. I'm 48 now and that memory still is clear. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

#22 7 years ago

Sorry to hear this. My wife and I had to go through something similar 2 years ago, and it was the hardest thing I'd ever done. See my avatar. Sounds like he lived a long and wonderful life surrounded by those who loved him.

#23 7 years ago

Very sorry for your loss. Cried like a baby when I had to put my 13yr old black lab down because of congestive heart failure.

#24 7 years ago

So sorry for your loss. 14 years is quite a long time for a working dog breed, so I am happy that you had a good long time with your husky. We have German Shepards and they are absolutely part of our family.

They take care of us their entire lives and its up to us to take good care of them at the end. It doesn't make it easy though. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

#25 7 years ago

Should we start a 'Dogs and Pinball' thread?

#26 7 years ago

Wow 14 years, he had a good run. I cried a little when my buddy lost his dog Sam, she was 14 also and went in her sleep. Be strong.

#27 7 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

#28 7 years ago

Dang, sorry man...we are helping a friend get over the loss of a pet as well up here. Hurts when you lose a pet considered to be family. Never easy to say goodbye <3.

#29 7 years ago

Dang it.. who is cutting onions?

#30 7 years ago

So sorry to hear about your loss. I've had to put down way too many pets. Nothing hurt worse than putting down our Golden (our first child) and experiencing it through my two young daughter's eyes. Remember the good times and all the love he gave you.

#31 7 years ago

Charlie and Lisa

So sorry to hear of your news and wishing you peace and comfort through it all.

Russ

#32 7 years ago

51N+gHa4oAL (resized).jpg51N+gHa4oAL (resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

Sorry for your loss

#34 7 years ago

Sorry to hear Charlie, and Lisa...

Dog lovers Art and Lisa

#35 7 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is to say goodbye to someone that you consider a full-fledged member of your family. I had to make the decision to put down our family miniature schnauzer after an incredible 18 years of life.

It's a shame that dogs don't have lifespans like humans so we can spend our entire life together.

But anyone who keeps animals knows that dogs love more in 10 years than most people do in a lifetime. They are love. That's what a dog is.

I may be the only one, but I believe that you'll see your dog again someday. The truth is nobody knows for sure. 15 years is a great life.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#36 7 years ago

I could fill this post with picture of the family I have had to say goodbye to and it never gets easier,I have a few more n the next few years,so sorry for your loss

#37 7 years ago

Very hard news to hear... definitely thinking of you guys as my wife and I will probably be in the same position some day. No kids but we do have a bulldog that is basically our child who we can't imagine being without.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I may be the only one, but I believe that you'll see your dog again someday.

Nope. You're not the only one.

#39 7 years ago

Very sorry for your loss. It is very tough losing a loved one. I can remember clear as day seeing my dog the last time at the Humane Society. Hang in there time does dull the pain.

#40 7 years ago

I'm another one that recently went thru this Our golden/yellow lab mix had been part of the family for over 15 years before we had kids. I knew her quality of life was fading, and after praying she would go peacefully in her sleep for a while, I realized I was keeping her around for us, not her. She was mostly miserable and could hardly walk, but her appetite was still huge and she still loved a belly rub. She finally let us know it was time, and I did the same as someone above.... She absolutely hated car rides, so I had a vet come to the house. It was definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to do...I cried like a blubbering idiot. Molly had a human soul and will be loved and missed forever. I hope you come to the same realization I did: it sucks for us to make that call, but it is the ultimate act of kindness to let them be in peace rather than struggle like that. I swear she kept wagging that tail to make us happy even though she was in so much pain. What an amazing bond, man. One of the purest loves on earth in my book.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm another one that recently went thru this Our golden/yellow lab mix had been part of the family for over 15 years before we had kids. I knew her quality of life was fading, and after praying she would go peacefully in her sleep for a while, I realized I was keeping her around for us, not her. She was mostly miserable and could hardly walk, but her appetite was still huge and she still loved a belly rub. She finally let us know it was time, and I did the same as someone above.... She absolutely hated car rides, so I had a vet come to the house. It was definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to do...I cried like a blubbering idiot. Molly had a human soul and will be loved and missed forever. I hope you come to the same realization I did: it sucks for us to make that call, but it is the ultimate act of kindness to let them be in peace rather than struggle like that. I swear she kept wagging that tail to make us happy even though she was in so much pain. What an amazing bond, man. One of the purest loves on earth in my book.

Wow. And here I thought you were such a dick.

#42 7 years ago

God bless and thank you all. I read and re-read your comments and the PMs you have sent me. I can't tell you what it has meant. Best wishes, Charlie & Lisa.

PS...Logan loved to lay underneath the machines while we played. Tomorrow night if you get time please "Go play one for Logan".

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from FLpinball:

God bless and thank you all. I read and re-read your comments and the PMs you have sent me. I can't tell you what it has meant. Best wishes, Charlie & Lisa.
    PS...Logan loved to lay underneath the machines while we played. Tomorrow night if you get time please "Go play one for Logan".

Funny, that's where our dog lays too!

I will indeed play one for Logan tonight.

E

#44 7 years ago

I'm so sorry for the loss and pain that you are going through. We don't get nearly enough time with our animals, but take comfort in knowing you made that time here special for Logan in the same way that he made it special for you.

#45 7 years ago

Our hearts are with you Logan.
    Dobby&Chocolate

i0000010 (resized).jpgi0000010 (resized).jpg

#46 7 years ago

So sorry, we lost our Husky almost 2 years ago, and I still think of her everyday.

#47 7 years ago

Maggie is watching me play one for Logan from "her spot."

IMG_20131223_135612_908 (resized).jpgIMG_20131223_135612_908 (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago

So sorry for your loss. My buddy Gizmo (my avatar) is almost 15 now but other than losing his hearing and some sight is doing quite well for his age but I know time is ticking. Dreading the day but I wouldn't trade the love you get from these guys for any amount of pain caused when they go.

#49 7 years ago

Had a morning beer in Logans honor...

20160824_120112 (resized).jpg20160824_120112 (resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Our Logan left us peacefully this morning. And although there is heartbreaking sadness surrounding my wife and I there is also a peaceful calm with us as well. I swear I could feel all of your collective thoughts and prayers at my difficult time. If you can join us tonight at 8pm as we go back to our pinball machines and "play one for Logan". My deepest thanks to all of you. Best, Charlie & Lisa

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/off-topic-saying-goodbye?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.