• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

563540167 (resized).jpg
LagunaLake (resized).jpg
F6E42EF5-A474-4FA0-AF21-CAEE03B56C1E (resized).jpeg
567D0A4F-42F6-4D0A-BCD6-D7A291D69607 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/security-video-shows-playa-del-carmen-ferry-explosion/

"Preliminary investigation indicates a mechanical failure" in the middle of the boat?? I'm not sure I believe that one!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That is Geri, as in geriatric. He was my 50th birthday present. He thinks he is a dog and if you don’t give him attention he screams loud enough to wake the dead.

I've always heard birds were like that and it's what stopped me from ever getting one even though it was a real desire of mine when growing up.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

And I would never consider Houston for vacation.

And definitely not the parts of town where you are likely to get killed, I go to Chicago all the time but not the South side. We were just down there at a resort in January for a three night concert and never left the resort but outside of that is definitely dicey.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ever heard of a cruise ship have an issue in Cancun or Cozumel?
Thousands of people run through those towns on a weekly/daily basis. Excursions all over the place
Would i cruise around at the bars off the beaten path at 3 am in the morning? Nope, those days are over! But in my younger days it was quite fun.

Not yet, but keep in mind that they do their best to keep any negative things that do happen quiet. Acapulco used to be a popular, safe place to go too but now it's one of the most dangerous places in the world and under a travel ban for U.S. Government employees and cruise ships no longer stop there. I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Cancun, Cozumel and Playa because it is a beautiful place and the people rely so heavily on tourism to survive. I'm generally pretty adventurous (though not like I used to be to your point) but, to paraphrase Helen Griswold, I don't want to spend my vacation DEAD.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/off-topic-explosion-at-playa-del-carmen?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.