6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by freddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2593 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2594 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Congrats -- a blue and gold macaw. As long as you know what you are getting into with a parrot like that, it will be one of the best companions for the rest of your life. I had a green-wing macaw (I hand reared; use to work in a parrot breeding a store long time ago). Amazing creature and the only "pet" (hard to call them a pet) I still dream about 30 years later. Best thing you can do is to have him/her with you all the time -- they need a lot of attention and things to do. Worst thing you can do is leave them locked in a cage, alone for most of the day. Like people in solitary confinement, is can really mess them up (I still feel horrible for leaving my bird at home when I had to go to school). I gave my bird to the manager of the store when I left for college, and she is still doing great.

I have so many great memories of my bird. One of her favorite things to do was go for drives with me. She'd sit on the head rest of the passenger seat and at every stop light, she would lean down to look out the window at the person in the car next to us. Then she would cat call, and yell "Hello!", "How are you cutie?" repeatedly. I would watch the driver of the other car first get annoyed and ignore us, then eventually turn to face the caller. Their expression would transform from anger, to astonishment, to enjoyment when they realized it was a parrot. More often than not, the driver and my bird who chat back and forth till the light turned green, and we would all drive off with a smile.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/off-topic-check-out-my-50th-birthday-present?tu=lyonsden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.