(Topic ID: 58638)

Off topic and attack posts getting out of hand

By phishrace

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    benny.jpg
    F_the_banks.png
    sundown.jpg
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have a 2 pin collection, but good things come in 2s:

Perfect, that's exactly what this thread needs, a good set of pinball.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I wouldn't lump all pinball machines into the same bucket. Granted, it's common to see older pinball machines out of commission on location. Since WOZ is brand new AND these early machines are suppose to generate good vibes and excitement, I'd be disappointed as well (especially after driving a couple hours). Assuming a newly released game on location is functional isn't unreasonable.

I assume EVERY routed game is not working as that seems to be the norm rather than the exception. For example the brand new xmpro down the road is broke about 50% of the time and that was from day 1 on location. ALL games break, and often for simple reasons like a busted rubber.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I wouldn't lump all pinball machines into the same bucket. Granted, it's common to see older pinball machines out of commission on location. Since WOZ is brand new AND these early machines are suppose to generate good vibes and excitement, I'd be disappointed as well (especially after driving a couple hours). Assuming a newly released game on location is functional isn't unreasonable. I know it's hard to track every machine on location, however you'd think someone @ JJP is in contact with WOZ operators. A new machine that isn't working doesn't help anyone...

True but it depends on location and operator. Some operates place games 2-3 hours from their point of origin. Some may only get to. Machine 2-3 times a week. The owner may have called the operator about. Problem and the operator was not in the area. You can't lays assume just because a game is brand new that no problems will ever occur.
    Sure it is disappointing. I went to Gameworks once to play some pinball, 3.5 hour drive from my house, and all the pins were getting ready for a private party so they would not allow me to play them. Sucks but what could I do.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume EVERY routed game is not working as that seems to be the norm rather than the exception. For example the brand new xmpro down the road is broke about 50% of the time and that was from day 1 on location. ALL games break, and often for simple reasons like a busted rubber.

I think it again depends on location.
    Went to SS Billiards....games were maintained, played well, no problems
    Went to Enchanted Castle yesterday....games were maintained, played well, no problems
    Went to random bar....put money in....flippers didn't work....go pissed and left

I guess if a game was turned off I would have tried to inquire why.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

went to Gameworks once to play some pinball, 3.5 hour drive from my house, and all the pins were getting ready for a private party so they would not allow me to play them. Sucks but what could I do.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

» YouTube video

LMAO

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

» YouTube video

Great scene! Jerry Maguire is an awesome movie.

I've generally had good results playing games on route, but occasionally will stumble across a machine that is shut down. These are complicated machines. Things go wrong. In most cases the operator isn't right there to fix problems when they come up. Just how it is. Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is.

#58 10 years ago

Why is Gambit3113 and Centerflank in retired pinsider mode ?

#59 10 years ago

I'm the king of off topic posts.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Why is Gambit3113 and Centerflank in retired pinsider mode ?

That's a damn good question!?

WTH?

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

That's a damn good question!?
    WTH?

I noticed Akuma's gone too. Any links to what went down?

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-end-of-tags

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

Read the stickied post from Robin.

#64 10 years ago

Pinside seems to be evolving and weeding out some people. I came on this morning and wasn't shocked one bit.. All hopefully gone, and always forgotten.

Actually I was reading a post and saw one retired, went thru without reading posts and could easily guess who else was going to be retired. Again, no shock factor over here.

#66 10 years ago

no soup for them. NEXT! now, back to the fun, lets play some pinball folks.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

I would never imply that that the size of your collection represents anything more than an individuals spending choices, however ,over the last 3 years it appears that most of the negative posts dont come from larger collectors.

"I'm not going to act materialistic and insult a huge number of pinball fans... oh wait, maybe I will"

I can't believe someone actually is trying to peg a person's appreciation for pinball to the size of their collections... but then I saw your nickname and it made sense.

PS- some of the biggest pinball fans I know don't own any games, or only a few.

PPS- not everyone lists their full collections on pinside

#68 10 years ago

Wow, it looks like the purge has begun

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

"I'm not going to act materialistic and insult a huge number of pinball fans... oh wait, maybe I will"
    I can't believe someone actually is trying to peg a person's appreciation for pinball to the size of their collections... but then I saw your nickname and it made sense.

Couldn't agree more...hard to believe. I've neglected to list any of my games on Pinside (though I will bring them up when relevant to a thread).

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I have could not have said it better myself...

What a ridiculous statement to make!

#71 10 years ago

Apparently I am the only person that paid no attention to the tags what so ever. Tagging is too much extra work.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Apparently I am the only person that paid no attention to the tags what so ever. Tagging is too much extra work.

I would on some of the topics. There was a lot of humor to be found in them. But I see why robin got rid of them, as they werent being used for their intended purpose.

As far as those guys that got banned, I would figure it's only temporary. Almost setting an example of some people I would guess.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

There was a lot of humor to be found in them.

The irony here is that you are the one who coined the term "shitnado" and that was probably being used in the tags more than any other word since you coined it!

#74 10 years ago

Not only have I never used a tag. I'm not enen sure how to post one. I'm to busy playing pinball to notice.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The irony here is that you are the one who coined the term "shitnado" and that was probably being used in the tags more than any other word since you coined it!

the term shitnado has been around for a long while but i agree he got it going on this forum.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

That's true. But when I started "shitnado", I always intended it to be used for good and not evil. But as I found out, "shitnadoes" cannot be contained.

Edit: I also should confess, when I saw so many other people do it, I did so myself. Im the one who tagged the bumper action thread with "shitnado down under". It had consumed me, and for that I apologize.

Post edited by sammiesguys : Confess

#77 10 years ago

I guess I missed something, what was the whole tag thing?

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I guess I missed something, what was the whole tag thing?

I'm guilty of probably 10 tags in my life.

Cant lie, none were legit or productive to the subject matter

It's was like an extra layer of humor 9 times out of 10 but I do understand why it's no longer a feature.

The autographed SW thread was a fine example of tagging. I think it was cleaned up several times though.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

True but it depends on location and operator. Some operates place games 2-3 hours from their point of origin. Some may only get to. Machine 2-3 times a week. The owner may have called the operator about. Problem and the operator was not in the area. You can't lays assume just because a game is brand new that no problems will ever occur.
    Sure it is disappointing. I went to Gameworks once to play some pinball, 3.5 hour drive from my house, and all the pins were getting ready for a private party so they would not allow me to play them. Sucks but what could I do.

tom,

Don't drive the 3.5 hours down to the burbs. Just hit me up when you have the pinball itch. You can always come over and play. Unless you had something specific you wanted to try.

If I'm home it's an open door policy.
    Chris

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

tom,
    Don't drive the 3.5 hours down to the burbs. Just hit me up when you have the pinball itch. You can always come over and play. Unless you had something specific you wanted to try.
    If I'm home it's an open door policy.
    Chris

And an awesome collection to boot. Chris is a great host!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/off-topic-and-attack-posts-getting-out-of-hand/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.