• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Tuna_Delight
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 15 days ago

Hello pinheads,
My first post, my first pin, Aerosmith Pro NIB. Great machine plays well. Do you leave your machine on when not in use? What’s the cons (must be something) of leaving it on all the time vs cons of restarts.

#2 15 days ago

I shut mine off when not using. No way you are going to damage it with restarts over the period you are going to own it. Your tv doesn't go bad from turning on and off.

#3 15 days ago

I turn them all on even if I know I won't be playing some of them. What can I say, I like the glow of the lights. I even turn them on if they're down for repairs as long as doing so won't hurt anything. Turn 'em all off when done or if I won't be playing for a handful of hours (maybe 6 or more).

#4 15 days ago

If I'm in the basement regardless if I play them they all go on. I love looking at them.....

#5 14 days ago

I've got games on location that are on 13 hours a day and they're all fine. I have 50 year old games at home I only turn on when I play them and they're fine too. I never turn all mine on at the same time unless I'm hosting a party or tournament.

#6 14 days ago

Leds don't get hot, but I wouldn't leave an EM (or SS) on all day with incandescent lamps. You're fine with yours. Enjoy the glow.

#7 14 days ago

I don’t leave mine on ALL the time, but I recall LTG saying that these machines are industrially engineered, commercial machines made to be beat up on location and can withstand 100 times anything we could possibly do in a home environment

#8 14 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I shut mine off when not using. No way you are going to damage it with restarts over the period you are going to own it. Your tv doesn't go bad from turning on and off.

You don't ever technically turn off your TV though. Since you can turn it "on" with the remote, turning it "off" is a soft-off which is just a low power state. To truly turn it off, you would need to flip a physical switch. That being said, the pinball electronics are designed with being able to power off regularly. Turning off the pinball you also have less risk of something happening when you aren't there (fire from dust getting in the cabinet in the wrong spot, etc) and you then not being around to take care of it quickly.

#9 14 days ago

I turn off and unplug the surge protector. We've had lightning storms that have ruined microwaves, gfcis, and a tv once. Better safe than sorry I guess

#10 14 days ago

And, why burn up bulbs if yr not there?

#11 14 days ago

If I’m in the room of my pins. ON ALL DAY LONG. If it lights up I love if!!

Full disclosure I’m an IT guy and it’s way better if you leave your shit on vs. turn it off. Just saying. !!!

#12 14 days ago

I'll leave Iron Maiden on after I've played if the power supply fan is running, then turn it off when it stops.

I keep them off when I'm not playing, otherwise I'll get tempted to play a "quick game"...which ends up lasting 20 minutes.

#13 14 days ago

I thought this thread was going to be about pants.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#14 14 days ago

Once my workday is over I'll turn on the ones I feel like playing and leave them on until bed. If it's a weekend or people are coming over then they all go on.

#15 14 days ago

The silent one (TSPP) is on, the loud one (WOZ) is off. I would love to keep it on but I can’t stand the loud noise the fans make.

Hopefully it will soon start to bug me enough to get to replace all the fans with silent ones.

#16 14 days ago

I dont have mine on if I'm not playing them as a rule but there are times when I turn them all on just because I like the way that they light the room up and I enjoy looking at them also.

I wouldnt just turn them on every single day if you arent using them but it definitely doesnt hurt to have them on either if you just want to enjoy looking at them once in awhile.

#17 14 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t leave mine on ALL the time, but I recall LTG saying that these machines are industrially engineered, commercial machines made to be beat up on location and can withstand 100 times anything we could possibly do in a home environment

New builds not so much anymore....even replacement parts nowadays don't go the distance

#18 14 days ago

Would you leave your car running over night?

#19 13 days ago
Quoted from HJinFlorida:

... Do you leave your machine on when not in use? ...

Yes, but I do remove all the bulbs until the next time I play them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside