Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mantra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Little known fact.... I've traded, bought, and sold a few pins through my meager pinball space over the past year or so. It's garnered a title of its own.. called "The Jonogo Flow" (thanks russ).

Well, the pins have stopped arriving and leaving at the frequency they once did, so I've had a moment to reflect. Now, before Chris jumps in here.. I'm positive its only a matter of time before the Jonogo Flow is back.

I've let a few pins go that I regret leaving. I've had a few that I'd never really care if I ever saw again. But this post is going to be about the pins that I've loved and let go, only to regret not owning them..

The first that comes to mind is The Shadow. Mine was a pretty nice example, tho not perfect. It played really well, and shone with LEDs.

Taxi... Man, I really regret letting this go. The plan was to find another in better shape, but that plan has always taken a back seat.

Who Dunnit?. I know this isn't everyone's favorite, but to me it's got a history.

Diner, Apollo 13, and Dirty Harry are also in there.

I'm sure there are more that arent in my head right now, but the above are the most memorable to me.

I can handle having 6 or so games in my Arcade, so as time passes, in order to try out new games, I have to let some go.

#2 10 years ago

I have 15 pins even though only 12 fit in my game room. Don't want to get rid of a pin and regret it later.

I do, however, greatly regret selling my '64 'vette coupe (in order to have more money in the bank before getting married). Prices on mid-year 'vettes soared almost immediately thereafter and I've never been able to afford replacing it (I've settled for the '08 GT500 and '13 ZL1 I have now).

#3 10 years ago

Dang, that does suck! Was never really able to afford a fun car like that personally, but I'd like to get one eventually..

#4 10 years ago

flintstones? You miss Gladiators.

#5 10 years ago

When I sell a game I always tell the buyer when they are ready to sell they need to give me right of first refusal. Obviously it does not always happen, but three times I've gotten the call and once I chose to buy it back. It was at the same price I sold it -- the person was selling since they needed money asap, and told them when they were ready to buy it back, to give me a call and it is theirs at the same price.

#6 10 years ago

I've had nearly 30 pins come through in the past 2-3 years and the ones I regret selling the most are TZ and SS.

I try not to regret it much - there are many more pins to buy, enjoy, trade and sell!

My favorites have been Metallica, GnR, TZ and maybe my old Stern Stingray.

#7 10 years ago

I miss pinbot...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You miss Gladiators.

Not something that many people may want to admit, but I would miss mine. It is a game that serves a certain purpose at a certain time.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've settled for the '08 GT500 and '13 ZL1 I have now).

A ford and a chevy guy. Sounds like me my garage has a 2004 cobra and a 2013 corvette grand sport. Sometimes at night I awake hearing them fighting.

#10 10 years ago

Shadow, & Taxi are rock solid.

I see you've got Earthshaker; one of the best looking pins out there, i don't miss the gameplay tho.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Shadow, & Taxi are rock solid.
I see you've got Earthshaker; one of the best looking pins out there, i don't miss the gameplay tho.

I played earthshaker for the first time at YORK and loved it. Fun game!

#12 10 years ago

The only two pins I miss or regret letting go of are BSD and WH20. I know I will never have the $$$ to own WH20 again. Took me awile to start to realize I like shorter games and not marathon sessions. Live and learn i guess.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I will never have the $$$ to own WH20 again.

If you want one in 'collector condition' your may be right, price on those are insane, but if you want one in decent but not great condition, you may find one yet. I recently picked one up for $1500, plays great, ramps are showing age but not broken, same for mountains. Cabinet is faded and dinged up, but playfield in good shape with no wear and the game even had the topper -- thought it was a great deal, jumped on it as soon as I saw it -- so you just never know.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If you want one in 'collector condition' your may be right, price on those are insane, but if you want one in decent but not great condition, you may find one yet. I recently picked one up for $1500, plays great, ramps are showing age but not broken, same for mountains. Cabinet is faded and dinged up, but playfield in good shape with no wear and the game even had the topper -- thought it was a great deal, jumped on it as soon as I saw it -- so you just never know.

nice catch!

#15 10 years ago

I sold my EATPM to a guy in Seattle a few months back... At night, when I cant sleep, I hear the music and her call outs in my mind. Then, I realize she is gone for good. I shouldn't have sold her.

#16 10 years ago

You still have some great pins,SS but no EATPM to go with it. I thought of pairing
my SS with one but I'm guessing it's not real deep?

#17 10 years ago

I think eatpm is better than ss, maybe I'm a minority.

#18 10 years ago

My Who Dunnit isn't leaving, it's a great game, very different. I feel your pain....

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The best is when you don't have to choose.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks! You know, I really like Both SS and EATPM. EATPM is my favorite System 11 game, so it not really easy to say if its deep, or not... But its not a DMD game so... Still a challenge and tons of fun. I wouldn't hesitate to pair the two up in a collection, and did. I just dig Elvira and most of my favorite game are made by Mr. Nordman. EATPM reminds me of what pinball was like and SS reminds me of what it is like now. You cant go wrong with either one.

Quoted from romulusx:

You still have some great pins,SS but no EATPM to go with it. I thought of pairing
my SS with one but I'm guessing it's not real deep?

#21 10 years ago

Man, who dunnit? Seems like a really cool game. I have played the slot, I have only seen it once but it's the same theme with the same guys and a phone and the whole bit. The only pin I have ever seen that was made as a slot as well.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Man, WHO dunnit? Seems like a really cool game

I thought that too, bought one and it lasted maybe 4 months in my collection. Great game if you have a large collection, gets repetitive and old quickly for me.

3 weeks later
#23 10 years ago

You don't miss WW? The only one that bothers me is BC but I know it found a good home. )

#24 10 years ago

I sort of miss IM, but ive played it a few times at other pinsiders place, dont miss it as much anymore.

ToM was a fun game, I loved the audio, but that specific machine is local to me as well, the rest can burn in hell for all I care

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Little known fact.... I've traded, bought, and sold a few pins through my meager pinball space over the past year or so. It's garnered a title of its own.. called "The Jonogo Flow" (thanks russ).
Well, the pins have stopped arriving and leaving at the frequency they once did, so I've had a moment to reflect. Now, before Chris jumps in here.. I'm positive its only a matter of time before the Jonogo Flow is back.
I've let a few pins go that I regret leaving. I've had a few that I'd never really care if I ever saw again. But this post is going to be about the pins that I've loved and let go, only to regret not owning them..
The first that comes to mind is The Shadow. Mine was a pretty nice example, tho not perfect. It played really well, and shone with LEDs.

Well the Shadow you sold me is in better shape then ever with new back box stickers and under cab lighting installed. Rock 914 is making me a wiring harness to make under cab lighting interactive for a incredable light show. Once it is installed you need to come by and play it again.

#26 10 years ago

I had shadow and taxi also. miss them both very much. I will probably never get another shadow, too much now. that is easily #1 on the 'wish I would have kept it' list.

1 week later
#27 10 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Well the Shadow you sold me is in better shape then ever with new back box stickers and under cab lighting installed. Rock 914 is making me a wiring harness to make under cab lighting interactive for a incredable light show. Once it is installed you need to come by and play it again.

Hey Don! Glad to hear you are taking care of it. Once this winter leaves us, Alex and I may just take you up on the offer to come visit your lake! Let me know if you ever want to trade me that Shadow back.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

You don't miss WW? The only one that bothers me is BC but I know it found a good home. )

I miss WW, its a silent member of my list, as I don't want to admit I let it go. I did get a FunHouse for it, but the sting is still there..

Alex absolutely LOVES BC. I believe he considers you some sort of a Pinball Super Champion for letting he and I have it. In fact, we may just have to rename a section of the Arcade the "Rusty Lizard Lounge".

#29 10 years ago

I missed No Fear. It is the only game I sold that I bought again. It is a brutal game if you don't hit your shots.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I miss WW, its a silent member of my list, as I don't want to admit I let it go. I did get a FunHouse for it, but the sting is still there..
Alex absolutely LOVES BC. I believe he considers you some sort of a Pinball Super Champion for letting he and I have it. In fact, we may just have to rename a section of the Arcade the "Rusty Lizard Lounge".

I know people hate that game but it's the only one I ever sold that I really miss. Even if I didn't play it a ton I just liked to look at it. If that game had multiball it never would have left. I could never own one with a decal faded cab after having a painted one. Glad it found a good home. There are WW's out there. You will be my first call if I ever see another one for sale. I am about to take the leap and bolt all the new parts on mine. I have ramps, decals for the spinners, a new topper and fan blade, a plastic set and so on. Should be pretty when I am done.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I know people hate that game but it's the only one I ever sold that I really miss. Even if I didn't play it a ton I just liked to look at it. If that game had multiball it never would have left. I could never own one with a decal faded cab after having a painted one. Glad it found a good home. There are WW's out there. You will be my first call if I ever see another one for sale. I am about to take the leap and bolt all the new parts on mine. I have ramps, decals for the spinners, a new topper and fan blade, a plastic set and so on. Should be pretty when I am done.

I bet it will look outstanding! If Alex ever tires of BC, you will be my first call as well. Keep it in the pin-family.

#32 10 years ago

I don't regret selling any of my 7 previous pins, but i admit i do miss Gameshow. The centre ramp was so satisfying and i never got bored of winning a colour tv or a new car!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

and i never got bored of winning a colour tv or a new car!

BUT WAIT, there's more! You won a new truck, AND a fabulous trip!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

+1

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I sort of miss IM, but ive played it a few times at other pinsiders place, dont miss it as much anymore.

I played Hemi's IM yesterday... I never missed it until then. Now I'm thinking of selling or trading my TAF for one. Crazy talk I know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/of-all-the-pins-ive-loved-before and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.