Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by RobW
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Filet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 3 years ago

Only things i've ever had from Mcd's since i was a teenager are the sausage breakfast muffin or if the grandkids absolutely make me stop at M on a road trip it'll be fillet of fish, large fries and choc shake. Put some fries on the fillet and dip the rest of them in the choc shake before eating.

All the grandkids do it now too.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from mooch:

Mmmm.... Chocolate Fries!

Never seen those. Not that i spend much time at all under the golden arches. remember seeing McSaurkraut in a M in Germany once.

#108 3 years ago

Don't have it here either, but i can imagine.

#111 3 years ago

I imagined wrong, mayo eh? Isn't tartare sauce just mayo with a bit of gherkin and some capers?

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Pretty much, yes.

yeah, i've made it many, many times. Was just wondering how some one can not like tartare but like mayo. Must be an aversion to the pickle.

#128 3 years ago

If you disqualify the 2 am Donner Kebab. It's been known to prevent hangovers if enough chili sauce is added.

1 year later
    #138 2 years ago

I have a cunning plan;

DSCF9730[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9730[1] (resized).jpg

#140 2 years ago

Thanks. Not really a cheese guy, but i can eat it if it's cooked or melted.

Might try steaming the buns with the cheese on them?

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey ots not the real thing so do whatever you have to

Of course, but I've never steamed a bun before, dunno whether to use a lid or not. Want soft buns, not soggy ones and thought someone may have a tip or two.

#148 2 years ago

Had two with fries on them and a choc shake to sip at the same time last week. That's why i wanted to make some, McD's is 20 mins away and i only go in there once or twice a year if i'm on a trip.

Always get the same thing;
    Two fillet's, large fries, small shake. Dip the frys in the shake too.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Hopefully not dying from reality.

Ain't you a barrel of monkeys?
    Bet you get invited to heaps of parties.

Was going to question your original statement but saw the result before i typed.

WhereDoTheyComefromPunkin

#172 2 years ago

Result was spectacular. 20 secs in the microwave sorted the cheese and buns out.

Doing this again tonight.

DSCF9747[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9747[1] (resized).jpg

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

He’s just jelly he can’t enjoy the FOF.

It's your fault for telling the troll to shut his dirty mouth

When actually it was his colon needed removing for cleaning purposes.

Isn't medicine a wonderful science? You can track long term dietary damage down to a single source at a particular age.

#183 2 years ago

No green stuff in mayo. Tartar has gherkins and capers.

#190 2 years ago

I always scrape half the tartare off, they put too much on there for my liking. I add fries and salt and cracked pepper to the burger too.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Amateur.
    [quoted image]

funny as fuuck, but careful...I was once moderated for altering a someones words in a quote to share a joke with them.

Quoted from underlord:

That looks…sad.
    Tasty af! But…sad.
    Here’s hoping it tastes better than it looks!

I thought it was a pretty good effort at fish and chips for a drunk guy.

Hope you enjoyed your well presented meal as much as i enjoyed my fish sanga's.

#209 2 years ago

Next night sad.

DSCF9748[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9748[1] (resized).jpg

Those clouds are called cirrus. my favourite clouds, they are mostly shaped like dragons round here.

#221 2 years ago

Haven't eaten a regular mcburger since i was in puberty. Sausage muffin of Fillet everytime.

#223 2 years ago

All my fault, was resting for over a year before i set it back off again.

The troll was fun though, wasn't he?

#225 2 years ago

No, i mean the colon guy. He was cheery and made me feel like doing the hokey pokey

#232 2 years ago

Fuck, here we go. Who's that clip cloppin' across my bridge?

#234 2 years ago

Tartare is just mayo, lemon, capers and chopped gherkins. I like to add fresh green peppercorns and some lemon rind and a bit of juice. Lime works well too.
    Some people put dill in it.

I wouldn't try to copy big M's recipe as homemade is my preference. But i'll use the squeezy bottle one if i just want a little.

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Here in ‘Mercia Tartare is a dish of raw meat usually beef or horse served with a raw egg yolk on top.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

Oh yeah, a 'merican dish.

"The tartar is a preparation that is commonly made of raw meat or fish, macerated with different seasonings, sauces and to which is sometimes added egg.

About its origin, there are basically two theories, and in both the meat is its main ingredient. The first hypothesis states that it is a dish originating in Central Asia, where the well-known tribe of the Tartars placed the meat between the saddle and the back of the horse, so that it softened while they rode. The other theory states that it comes from French Polynesia, where it is common to consume raw meat and was popularized in hotels of French origin in the early twentieth century, a time in which the prestigious chef Auguste Escoffier carries out an update of several sauces, including the tartar sauce."

#245 2 years ago

Oh dear, another besmircher. Blasphemous one no less.

#255 2 years ago

Screenshot 2021-09-24 061914 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-09-24 061914 (resized).jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-24 061826 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-09-24 061826 (resized).jpg

fof (resized).jpgfof (resized).jpg

Redbubble for the T shirts https://www.redbubble.com/shop/filet+o+fish

#261 2 years ago

I just got 2 Fof, large chips, small shake.
    $19.05.

#274 2 years ago

My second one yesterday i had to peel the cheese off the bottom of the box. Missed the fucking bun completely.

#306 2 years ago

It may be under the burger on the box. Mine was last week.

#311 2 years ago

Dip them in a chocolate thick shake. Everytime.

Sweet and salty, best combo ever.

#321 2 years ago

Tonight's sad tribute to the Golden Arch's was a fuckin' beauty.

DSCF9803[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9803[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #359 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

In 1979 working at McD's I opened the standard 45 piece box of filet-of-fish. There was 2 square pieces that still had scales and a fins on them. Manager said to put them in "waste bucket". Quality control at its best. I used to have fill the tarter sauce tubes, it came in in 1 gallon containers. We'd pour it in and scrape the carboard gallon container. My worst memory was cleaning the fish fry vat, smelled like rank well used pussy. YUM.

I'm guessing that's why managers get the big bucks. When the decision on what to do is too tough for normal people to make, they step in, step up and get 'er done.

I never would have thought to throw the shitty bits away.

Thanks for preserving and sharing that memory.

#370 2 years ago

And pull the trigger till it goes click?

SuchAFuckingRayOfSunshinePunkin

#385 2 years ago

Been having my homemade tribute for breakfast 3-4 times a week.

Can't stop.

#391 2 years ago

vMLwKem9egrMsfkIBBto5Td-4xpiBCOB6PCx7F5UDGc (resized).pngvMLwKem9egrMsfkIBBto5Td-4xpiBCOB6PCx7F5UDGc (resized).png

#395 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

On Etsy- The ultimate keyring for your machines!
    [quoted image]

Cheese is supposed to be on the bottom (or loose in the box, or stuck on the outside of the box). It's a fake!

#401 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Thats just not right.

We DO need someone to chuck rocks at though. He can be the fat kid.

#408 2 years ago

1555956952WBG259wimpy_eats_hamburger (resized).jpg1555956952WBG259wimpy_eats_hamburger (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #448 2 years ago

La Filet. better than i expected for breakfast.

DSCF9882[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9882[1] (resized).jpg

#450 2 years ago

We call them croissants here, but yes, cheese and tartare.

#452 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Fish for breakfast is one of my favorites, but is pretty rare in most of the US. That is a mistake.

My parents used to fish for a living. Garfish split and a sprinkle of lemon pepper under the griller (think you guys call it broiler?). Great brekkie, peel the backbone out and slurp in. We'd roll them with a beer bottle to break the little bones before cooking.

I remember on a fishing trip in my thirties before we headed out, i was eating these, my mate walked in and asked why i was eating the bait?

#465 2 years ago

I went yesterday at 9:10am and they refused to make my fillet. Said it was breakfast menu only so i got 2 x sausage muffins. My mate walked up behind me and got 2 x Big Macs.
    Fucking discrimination on a Friday!

#475 2 years ago

que1 (resized).jpgque1 (resized).jpg

#477 2 years ago

Done. It's an important goal. I didn't get to lodge my compelling religious discrimination reason though?

#480 2 years ago

In Australia it's breakfats menu till 10am or so. The bastards will do selected all day menu items vis a vie the Big Macs my mate got, but not all. I believe they have breakfast all day too, but i won't downgrade a Fof by swapping it out for a sausage muffin. I've eaten more maccas since i started reading this thread than i did in the two years before it.

My favourite golden arches T shirt. Get some comments when i wear it to the RSL club.

DSCF9892[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9892[1] (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #500 2 years ago

I can take one for the team.

Left a pinball show at 6 am for a 4.5hr drive home on Monday. Intended to get FoF for sure as i didn't stop on the way down.

Then realized i'd be home by the 10.30am menu change.

GreazyDimSimsItWasPunkin

#505 2 years ago

You could eat in a park, man.

#510 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Ten pineapple-sits and a Hail Mary for your transgressions.

It's somethin', but taint no FoF.

#522 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Thought it was Not.

That's fucking funny.

#533 2 years ago

It's ok if you are 6.

Once you stop dropping your pants to your ankles to piss you should have grown out of that shit.

#537 2 years ago

How can lettuce make anything better?

#544 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

You need to start your own thread for that.
    This is the Filet-O-Fish thread.

Can't see it getting much traction.

Only Popeye round here is a cartoon character.

#553 2 years ago

I've never got a precooked one. Worst possibility is the cheese on the bottom of the box.

#569 2 years ago

If you mush up an apple, put cinnamon in it and cook it to sludge, it's no longer an apple.

So if people want to take a FoF, mush it in with funny sauces and other condiments, well sure...go ahead.

But it's no longer a FoF and doesn't belong in a thread devoted to the one true King of Foods.

They are aberraters.

#571 2 years ago

Screenshot 2021-11-20 051425 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-11-20 051425 (resized).jpg

istockphoto-170616675-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-170616675-612x612 (resized).jpg

#581 2 years ago

Little kids probably have?

#586 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I approve the use of ketchup.

It's called tomato sauce here, people put it on food so their kids can't taste the food. That way they get more variety in their kids diet, but the kids think they are eating the same sugar/salt thing all the time.

Kids usually grow out of it by seven or eight and discover variety in food and unique flavours.

#592 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:You guys seem militant with your condiments. Like Jimmy "the tulip" Tudeski.

Everything in it's place.

Ketchup and mustard = hotdog.

Tartare sauce = FoF

Pork chop = apple sauce

peaches = cream.

See the pattern emerging?

Start fucking with it and you'll get peaches and mustard.

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ketchup on a hot dog!
    I believe its a crime in Chicago....

We must have got it from somewhere here in the land of Aus. Hot dogs are either a German or a US thing.

In any case, the point it the point.

#596 2 years ago

All those examples and this is the bone you guy's are choosing to pick?

I'm not an advocate, merely making a point.

If not the hotdog, then what fucking good is ketchup at all? It's not even part of a Bloody Mary, it's completely orphaned if you take the hotdog away?

Certainly not listed in the ingredients of a FoF.

JustAddedFoFToMyDictionaryPunkin

#599 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Great on fries!! I think you guys call them chips...

No, that's what the chocolate thick shake is for, dipping salty fries.

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Irony right here. Lol

Nah, you're reaching for straws, so to speak.

#614 2 years ago

All this talk about tomato sauce got me a hankering. Smoked German franks grilled on toasted buns with hot english mustard and tomato sauce.

DSCF0068[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0068[1] (resized).jpg

Only thing i have ketchup on since i put long pants on the first time.

#616 2 years ago

It's an hours round drive for me to Mcd's.

I love me a foF, but that's not enough incentive.

#618 2 years ago

that looks seriously good actually....

Probs cause it's on crockery instead of paper

#622 2 years ago

Yours gets 5.8/10 sloppy points.

#624 2 years ago

Not sure what pay rates has in pride of work. I've had lots of monkey work where i still compare myself to those who work alongside of me and make sure i ring the shed on the way out on Friday afternoons. I don't work harder or better when i'm in a higher paid job, and can't imagine anyone else doing it either.

Your work ethic goes with you, if you're in a job you hate, find another or you will get sick and loose the people around you with your attitude.

#627 2 years ago

Uncorrupted.

#630 2 years ago

No.

Should be eaten hot as soon as you can get it and put some fries on it.

It's not A Japanese game show.

#632 2 years ago

Such a shattering promotion for an immammaculate bun.

It's unheard of i tell you. I'll give you .2 sloppy points and bump you up to 6.0.

I'll light the candle and you blow it out at that.

FuckinEightSloppyPointsPunkin

#634 2 years ago

Rubbish, he's only saying that you can't get it cheaper but if you ask for extra's he'll charge you for them. Price not authenticity.

I posted what McD's think a fillet is above a few posts, as it comes.

1 week later
    #644 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Decent bun, little off center...... 7.5.

Generous mark. From this angle we can't even see if it has cheese or tartare, let alone the presentation of same.

#647 2 years ago

Rats been chewing the cheese at the back.

5f13fd85fc72e20b95c3fbea1c3aa018f9dbe6f3 (resized).jpg5f13fd85fc72e20b95c3fbea1c3aa018f9dbe6f3 (resized).jpg

#655 2 years ago

If anyone asked you guys what you earnt you'd be insulted, but it's ok to classify people by their wage?

Never seen anything like this before, seems really ignorant unless I'm missing something.

Can't classify people by their colour, religious beliefs, sexuality, intelligence, handicap or what gender they believe they are, but you can expect things from people according to their earning ability?

Time you guys grew up.

#657 2 years ago

Not. I'd happily enjoy that discussion at a party and reckon the crowd around that discussion would grow with people in good humour, without worrying i was going to get a punch in the head.

Not so the other.

#685 2 years ago

Buns look terrific. Sauce is thrown from across the room. It'd get an 8 from some, but 6.2 from me, just for the toasted buns.

#690 2 years ago

Can't dip your chips in it.

#692 2 years ago

Ok. I couldn't dip my chips in it.

#703 2 years ago

That's a neat FoF!

#733 2 years ago

Virginal.

I'm revenant.(not chewed by a bear)

#736 2 years ago

Discussed earlier in the thread Official Mickey D's comment is so that the cheese does not overwhelm the dolphin.

#751 2 years ago

It is a fish sandwich. The manufacturers clearly proscribe the ingredients in a Fillet O Fish.

It's fine to have a fish sannich, i do it all the time.

#781 2 years ago

Dear Sean, get fucked.

That's what it says.

#783 2 years ago

An upvote for you. Tom Petty

#786 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just find it humorous how triggered you are in this thread. An old mad getting in a tizzy over a sandwich he rarely eats. Over condiments he doesn't even like, or uses. Lol
    We're all here to bust each other's balls and rave about the FoF....and you just come off as a hypocritical douche. But I digress....stay classy punkin.

You are reading too much into my comments my man. I was merely interpreting the corporate speak.

Another upvote Tommy.

#788 2 years ago

Wow.

Another upvote. Must be fun in your world.

#790 2 years ago

You sound like you have a great self image, although your view of others is fairly tainted.

Keep doing what you do and you be you mate.

Just because you don't understand someone doesn't mean you shouldn't judge them hey?

#793 2 years ago

So far you've judged me on age, location, distance from a McD's, nationality and disposition and a whole bunch more.

Go you.

Hope you get over this fixation with me and have a nice day mate.

(i still say the corporate speak is as i said, with much experience dealing with it)

#797 2 years ago

Old man. Who's projecting?

snake18 (resized).jpgsnake18 (resized).jpg

#800 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Poser confirmed. Lol

No question i'm a poser. Self described no less. if that's the worst that can be said about me i'm happy.

#805 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

No more besmirching! You guys are both sullying and tarnishing the Sacred Filet O Fish thread with your intercontinental bickering!

Sincere apologies, i am trying with all my might not to argue or bicker despite the treatment i am being offered.

2 weeks later
    #948 2 years ago

I had two Fof yesti. They were small pieces of fish with a mushy texture. Not the best and i've been enjoying my home made ones more. The buns were excellent though.

#950 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Sounds like we need to start a petition to get the FoFs down-under up to snuff?

Dropped my fucking chips on the ground before i got to dip too, all round bummer. Fixed it with a maple bacon roll for dinner though.

#953 2 years ago

All 1 player games?

#957 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

All 1 player everything!

Saves all that effort on foreplay.

#961 2 years ago

Yeah its deep sea trawler trash off factory ships. Assuming pollock is about the same. They don't have the fish on the box here, could well be the hoki though.

#962 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Not to mention performance-anxiety and all the size-letdowns!

You definitely don't want cheese on the side of the box either.

#967 2 years ago

Yes, but they were fished to the ragged edge of extinction.

#971 2 years ago

Gold. Vicarious fish eater.

#986 2 years ago

Wonder why they used a burnt up frazzled fillet on the cover of their vid?

#989 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

On the other hand. The Big Mac is the perfect hangover remedy. I think the cure is in the secret sauce.

KFC and gravy always did it for me. Started making my own spirits though and hangovers were a thing of the past.

#1021 2 years ago

Looks exactly like brioche and sweet is the confirmation.

#1028 2 years ago

Bet acorns to oak trees it doesn't look like this.

mcdonalds-double-filet-o-fish (resized).jpgmcdonalds-double-filet-o-fish (resized).jpg

#1068 2 years ago

Just cheddar

#1072 2 years ago

Why not just order a double fillet?

#1074 2 years ago

Aaaahh it's a thing here sometimes. Looks like only Canada atm though.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/product/double-filet-o-fish.html

#1079 2 years ago

Every little bit helps?

#1084 2 years ago

Gotta die of something, the amount of substances i've shoved into this body over the years means that a little radiation doesn't even enter my mind.

#1089 2 years ago

Yessir, commercial fishing family here. Nothing like grilled whiting or garfish for breakfast!

#1091 2 years ago

Saw that too and figured it was a junk mail in the letterbox deal.

#1096 2 years ago

Taste is a matter of balance. Standard it's balanced.

#1098 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Heck yeah I didnt think many people went in for grilled gar! I grew up eating gar, mullet, catfish, and whatever else came out of the river. Gar is awesome. Maybe not quite the same as a FoF, but delicious in its own way.

I mean salt water garfish, i've never tried your aligator garfish, but they look like fun to catch for sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyporhamphus_australis

Our garfish are a native bait species and are usually only 8 or 10' long. Best slit into a half fillet from the belly up and then rolled with a beer bottle to break the little bones, then you can peel the spine out, the little bones kinda melt. Dusted with some lemon pepper and grilled they are beautiful for brekkie.

garfish-87445-2 (resized).jpggarfish-87445-2 (resized).jpg

#1101 2 years ago

I remember cooking them for a girlfriend 25 years ago, we were staying at my mates place and he walked in from bed and said "why are you eating the bait?'

#1104 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I say that about calamari. Your garfish filets present well. I’d try that!

Google provided that pic, but we did it very similar.

I eat stacks of squid. I do lots of chunks but i do the little arrow squid trawler trash too, grilled with olive oil and garlic and pepper on the weber.

Couldn't find a bait squid pic, but this is one of mine.

ab1c7e7aca39ad536babc163a925a65f61aca9c8 (resized).jpgab1c7e7aca39ad536babc163a925a65f61aca9c8 (resized).jpg

#1107 2 years ago

Onion needs to be elsewhere but fuck that's making me hungry.

#1117 2 years ago

It's been the suggestion that all lesser fish sandwiches should be lumped together in some other thread.

Perhaps titled "I Wish I Was a Fillet O' Fish".

#1125 2 years ago

Not sure presentation is as important to the teenager getting splattered with hot oil and smelling the fryer all day as it is to us customers.

Nice find though.

#1131 2 years ago

I was driving through town this morning (20 mins away from home) to pick up a new boat and it was 10.15 when i left. No FoF till 10.30am

Spewing, we need an all day fish option Mickey!

#1135 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

That close to the lunch menu if you were in the drive thru and said "Ok I'll wait here", they'd of dropped one in the fryer ASAP.

Not a drive through guy i have to say. Nor do i use self service checkouts.

Red-ragger unionist till the day i die and extremely pro jobs. Plus it's quicker to get out and walk into the store, and i don't eat in the car so have to step out anyway.

#1140 2 years ago

Naked on a tricycle

#1147 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Payment sent.
    I’m going to rock a suite and wear this tie next time I order a FOF and demand they make it perfect.
    Will report back.

You go rock star!

Some talk the talk, some walk the walk.

A video would be fuking ace!
    Get your wife to do it and if we hear her talking to herself about how fucking stupid this is to amuse a bunch of old men on an internet site, you win the internet.

#1154 2 years ago

Drunk and pot brownies is better!

#1173 2 years ago

Shoulda worn the tie.

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Sounds like you should have just gone with the original 2 for $6 and done self-assembly.

What? So cheaper, better, more?

#1178 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I remain completely unconvinced the standard order FoF can be improved upon.

Fries on top are the business. but they are not extras, they come with the FoF meal and so by Ronald's Law should be there.

O/T, a mate of mine once got busted for a bank robbery warrant while sitting on Ronald's plastic knee.

I believe the Hamburgler got off scott free.

#1197 2 years ago

It's the best one we've seen in this thread, so it's benchmark and should be key posted.

Worth a twenty year wait?

Maybe?

#1203 2 years ago

How much fucking food do people want to put in their mouths?

That thing would feed me for 2 days.

#1205 2 years ago

Seen worse. At least the cheese is half on the bun. I had one a few months ago it was on the bottom of the box under the bun.

#1210 2 years ago

Dunno about that being besmirching if it's just listed on their menu.

It's not as if they are promoting it on a dedicated FoF thread.

#1216 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:I just judge the sandwich...not the people who enjoy it.

Yeah, yeah. Of course you fuckin do.

#1218 2 years ago

You are not judging though of course.

Calling someone out on a lie does not make them Karen.

#1221 2 years ago

Please don't ask for a score.
    And that is not a fillet, it's a cutlet.

#1224 2 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Question - how do you get tartar sauce to not be so runny?
    I did chill it 30 minutes but that wasn't enough to tame it.
    The flavor was fine, but adding the lemon juice I think made it a hair more runny than standard mayonnaise.

Don't need lemon juice, if you want the lemon taste use zest. If you want a thinner sauce, by all means dilute it with juice.
    Tartare needs mayonnaise, capers and gherkins. Dill or parsley is optional.

#1228 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The longer i stared at that frying pan the more confused i became! What part of a fish is that!?

Called a culet generally. It's by cutting a larger fish across the body with a bandsaw.

A fillet, or filet as we love them, is created by filleting the fish. Cutting it along the length of it's body so the meat comes off in two pieces with a backbone wasted, instead of cross cut steaks if you can imagine that.

#1237 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

must be the same dingbat that i asked for an orange soda,she responded we have coke and diet coke.lazy

An orange soda dingbat coming up!

download (10) (resized).jpgdownload (10) (resized).jpg

#1249 2 years ago

Has anyone tried popping candy on it?

#1253 2 years ago

Well poprocks are about the same level of stupid as beans.....

It's fine with what comes with it. Fries and a drink.

#1255 2 years ago

Nah, they are good in their place. They are just not part of the 4 ingredients on a FoF.

#1258 2 years ago

And then the rot set in.

#1260 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:Well, one might argue that the rot set in when you started dunking your fries in your shake! (Which doesn’t sound too bad, actually. I confess to putting a layer of fries on my Big Macs back in the day.)

If you want to make that argument you'd want to say that i started it because i put the fries (that are part of the meal) on my FoF.

The fries and shake thing are very separate to the destruction of the FoF balance.

#1279 2 years ago

Too far to drive, too early to order.

Doesn't mean a poser has to go without his fish fix.

DSCF0572[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0572[1] (resized).jpg

#1281 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I believe the fancy version of this word is ‘poseur’.

Never been one to put on airs while watching myself in the shop windows on my chopper.

#1291 2 years ago

I don't eat that much food in 3 days.

#1293 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm still sexually active

Well, you've got me there. Been 8 or 10 years for me.

NotActiveAtAnythingMuchPunkin

#1304 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Vid’s on this thread?! Now things can really get fun!

Sheriffs already shot me.

#1316 2 years ago

Not licensed here either.

#1326 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

"Taste hit the spot"? I would of thought "Enjoy eating pig scraps". I worked for McD's during the 1st intro. We'd grill up a dozen, toss them in a warmer with the sauce and there they would sit and leak a gross oily substance that would collect on top of the sauce. When they were gone another dozen hit the warmer with a top off of sauce with the same gross oily mess from the 1st batch. Rinse and repeat till the end of the day.
    The long rolls were great. We'd make a sloppy Joe using a 1/4 lb burger patty and some McRib sauce and onions.

Pig scraps are one of my absolute favourite foods and the creations using them are famous all over the world.

without pig scraps there would be no bacon, ribs, sausage, salami, cabanossi, coppa, chorizo, pancetta, soppressata...i could go on.

They say the only thing you can't use from a pig is the squeal.

sausageday1.9 (resized).jpgsausageday1.9 (resized).jpg

MMmmmPigScapsPunkin

#1329 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

What fun would the weekends be without the pig squeals?

If you are talking about the porcine one's they are not real cheery. It's like you are trying to murder them, even when you are not trying to murder them but just move them from pen to pen.

1 week later
    #1348 2 years ago

That's not even food.

Don't lick it or put it anywhere a dog could eat it.

#1350 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Good advice.
    I submitted a formal complaint to Mcd's corporate management. I dont expect any action, but at the very least they will be made aware of the continued decline in FoF quality in my region.

Tell me you linked to the thread.

#1353 2 years ago

First one for the dubious honour and the bottom benchmark.

#1356 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Just a sandwich, hopefully the sun will rise tomorrow.

Will be red though.

#1360 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

And red red rain.

Maybe frogs?

DSCF0668[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0668[1] (resized).jpg

Quoted from Jamesays:

the scrotum style bun.

Heavily steamed scrote.

#1363 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Never bitch and get more food from the kitchen. Restaurant 101, the employees will serve you their DNA in one way or another. "Think before you Bitch".

No, bitch and get a coupon.

EatTheTragedyPunkin

#1370 2 years ago

Nobody read it.

#1372 2 years ago

For his great grandfather.

#1390 2 years ago

Rated.

#1393 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

[quoted image]

I bet that's what the guy with the snatchburger a few posts back used to get his!

Looks like it was made in 68.

1 week later
    #1451 2 years ago

I can see the pickle. Extra tartare not so much.

#1463 2 years ago

Can't imagine complaining to someone who made my food that they put the cheese slice on the wrong side of the protein.

Don't put the beetroot or the tomato against the bun, right, it affects the bun. But where the cheese is?

#1465 2 years ago

C'mon, i had one where the cheese was on the bottom of the box under the FoF.

#1482 2 years ago

download (14) (resized).jpgdownload (14) (resized).jpg

#1499 2 years ago

Restaurant..hehehehe

#1512 2 years ago

Buns look like they came from two different suppliers. Not sure they are steamed either, maybe just cold. But both overall pretty.

#1520 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Since my usual location is under renovations, I stopped at a different one this evening.
    Not the best, nor was it the worst, but still a bit underwhelming.
    I may 'peace out' of the FoF scene for a bit since the quality continues to slide. At these prices, I expect my sandwiches to be assembled with some modicum of care, but I guess that's too much to ask.[quoted image][quoted image]

Come on man, you're unhappy with that?

It's a beauty, slide that bun over and wolf in.

1 week later
    #1541 2 years ago

And you can even use (dare i say it) better fish.

#1554 2 years ago

For those who don't like the taste of food.

#1572 2 years ago

The fuck is an sauce and what has it got to do with Szechuan food?

I have spent weeks in Chengdu and other parts of Szechuan and never heard of it. The only refence google has is a totally Japanese sauce for fish?

https://www.nhk.or.jp/dwc/recipes/detail/438.html

#1583 2 years ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

It’s Szechuan sauce for nuggets. It was around when Disney released Mulan animated movie. Then a few years back Rick and Morty made it a part of the story line so they brought it back limited then at random I noticed it this week. Why it’s says AN I have no clue.

My favourite part of China, my favourite food. Trouble is they are in love with the offal, i don't do offal. Sechuan food in the northern coastal strip is more to my taste in Beijing etc. There you can get your hot pot with actual meat. I think in Chengdu, the export all the meat and just keep the offal.
    Every corner stall has jerky though, maybe that's what they do with the meat?

Hotpot restaruants are ace. You order your dipping food by weight and it's brought to your table where the pot boils on the table ready for dipping. Superfuckinghot on one side and Prettyfuckinghot on the other side of the wok.

Convinced me, it's hotpot tonight or tomorrow. My bowels will forgive me in a few days.

#1588 2 years ago

it's an acquired taste.
    People eat sea urchins for fucks sake.

#1592 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

That's a lot of Tartar Sauce

They still put too much on for me. Overwhelms the fish, i scrape half of it off on the side of the box.

#1597 2 years ago

I think all these made up titles are a bit of-fish-cious.

1 month later
    #1635 1 year ago

Got me fucked why you people judge someone by their hourly rate. How does that measure the worth of a person?

Must be a united States Of North America thing.

I'd hate someone to figure out mine.

1 week later
    #1659 1 year ago

I've never thought about his wife at all.

2 weeks later
    #1678 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

One of those things like glue or sausage.. you may not want to see how it really gets made.

Who wouldn't want to see sausages? Wonderful hobby.

pig715.4 (resized).jpgpig715.4 (resized).jpg

pig715.6 (resized).jpgpig715.6 (resized).jpg

sausagedaystation1 (resized).jpgsausagedaystation1 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.1 (resized).jpgsausageday1.1 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.5 (resized).jpgsausageday1.5 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.8 (resized).jpgsausageday1.8 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.9 (resized).jpgsausageday1.9 (resized).jpg

#1687 1 year ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

The children in your photo look less than enthusiastic about your sausage making shenanigans.

I've had that pointed out before. The day wasn't for them in this case, they had to be somewhere and this was where their parents were.

My grandaughter is the one in the background actually playing.

2 months later
    #1717 1 year ago

Stalker.

1 week later
    #1742 1 year ago

I can get a counter meal at the pub with a chicken snitty, chips and salad etc for the same price as 2 x FoF, a large fries and small shake. Or i can have roast of the day, bangers and mash etc.

Counter meal is served on a plate with a knife and fork.

Lunch special from the Chinese takeaway is $5 cheaper than the golden arches too.

#1745 1 year ago

chicken snitzel, kinda like flattened chicken strips, breaded and fried with a side order or potato or beans or kraut or whatever.
    I like it with sauteed greens.
    Its really good!

Sorta, that's usually a pork schnitzel here and called Vienna Schnitzel.

Chicken is served with salad and chips and is a summertime staple at the pub meal scene.
    This would be $12-15. You could get a beer with it for the same price as the FoF order that i place when i'm on a road trip.

schnitzel-fries-salad-meal-pork-schnitzel-plate-fries-chips-salad-white-plate-wooden-table-beneath-123019893 (resized).jpgschnitzel-fries-salad-meal-pork-schnitzel-plate-fries-chips-salad-white-plate-wooden-table-beneath-123019893 (resized).jpg

Point to say, that a proper meal is on par or cheaper than a takeaway fill the hole from the clown now.

#1752 1 year ago

I can get 4 lobsters, 2 steaks, a pork chop meal, bacon and egg breakfast and a stack of pancakes for the same price as 2 x FoF.

Well, he started it.

1 month later
    #1813 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I don’t know where this wine thing started… the only proper thing to drink with a FoF is HiC orange drink.

Please make allowances for the choc thick shake fans.

#1815 1 year ago

At least it's on the menu mate, Mcd's is not a BYO restaraunt.

And the please makes it a request, not a demand.

You guys and your melodrama's, you're killing me.

#1817 1 year ago

Mmm cold fillet.

#1820 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Said who? I’ve brought a pint in before to make some Jack and cokes. (The only thing Jack is good for).

When you were 12?

#1822 1 year ago

21. Dyslexia sucks. I have it too.

Sneaking drinks in as a grown up adult hey?

There's probs a support group for that.

#1824 1 year ago

I’m in a few whiskey clubs. It’s the best way to find new mashes.

Best way to find new mashes is to experiment with grain bills. Alternate grains in your bill like triticale and millet can make an interesting mash.

But a mash is a very small part of a whiskey.

AndHasFuckAllToDoWithFoFPunkin

#1865 1 year ago

Onions besides. The bun looks a cracker. I like that Brown.
    Hate lazy sauce and the patty looks old, maybe that's why the bun is dark?

In agreement with others..I'd eat that (ixnay on the onions).

#1871 1 year ago

I usually wipe half the sauce off anyway, they put too much on for my liking.

#1875 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

But ketchup is unholy miserable death. McD tartar sauce is the essence of life, so…

It's a good way to disguise the taste of food with sugar and salt so small children will eat it. But we should have grown out of ketchup by ten or so.

#1882 1 year ago

Acceptable ingredient for a more complex sauce.

Cocktail Sauce;
    ½ cup whipped cream
    2 tbsp tomato sauce
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1/ tsp mustard
    1 tsp brandy
    salt and pepper.

Seafood Sauce;
    ½ cup mayonaise
    1 tbsp cream
    ½ tsp worcestershire
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 ½ tbsp tomato sauce
    2 shallots

Chilli Crab Sauce****;
    ½ cup peanut oil, 2 tsp fine grated ginger, 3 cloves of garlic3 hot chillies, 1/3 cup tomato sauce, ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, red colouring.
    Fry Crabs or chicken till cooked. Perfect for popcorn chicken or pork pieces.
    On low heat cook ginger, garlic and chilli, do not brown. Add sauces, red and salt, bring to the boil. Add crabs and simmer 3 mins, add a touch of water if needed.

Sweet and Sour;
    ½ cup sugar
    ½ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup water
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1 tbsp tomato sauce
    heat and add 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with ¼ cup of water to thicken

Chilli Wing Glaze;
    2 ½ cups white sugar
    ¼ cup honey
    6 large cloves garlic
    3 tsp habernero sauce
    2 tsp chilli ooil
    2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
    1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
    1 tbsp char sui sauce
    ¾ cup Fountain red tomato sauce
    3 cups sweet chilli sauce
    red food colouring
    Boil glaze while stirring for an hour or two till it thickens enough to sheet from a spoon.

Try the Chilli wing glaze, exceptional and keeps forever in the fridge.

#1884 1 year ago

I'm a more complex person. You may as well be back putting tomato sauce on everything as that.

#1886 1 year ago

In any case, none of it belongs on a FoF.

#1888 1 year ago

So, the FoF is for those without complex tastes? I’m confused on how the internet works, but I think that’s what you’re saying.
    Or are you saying the FoF is an already delicate balance of flavors that cannot be changed without upsetting the flavor balance?

Merely suggesting that cocktail sauce of any description is not an ingredient listed as FoF.

#1914 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

We were discussing ketchup/catsup and its uses,agree not for FOF unless its what you like.
    You dip your fries in your milkshake thats not on FOF either.

You fucked it up.

I can order fries and a shake only and it has nothing to do with a FoF (as if i would).

But my particular FoF crime is putting some of the fries (undipped) on my FoF.

So if you would like to disparage me for FoF corruption, that's the place to start.

#1916 1 year ago

True, i started with truculence that meant i didn't use my brain for the normal things as a child, then moved to drugs and alcohol.

It's not an excuse, just a reason.

And the snake is in my hat, not my boot.

snake19 (resized).jpgsnake19 (resized).jpg

#1918 1 year ago

Got a security cam pic of a currawong that has taken a liking to my Rocker. Caught him looking at himself in the mirror again the other day.

They are usually too smart to come inside, but this guy can't resist cool.

bird1 (resized).PNGbird1 (resized).PNG

Stock pic of currawong

piedcurrawong (resized).jpgpiedcurrawong (resized).jpg

#1920 1 year ago

And a love of conversation.

WaitsForGetARoomPunkin

3 weeks later
    #1937 1 year ago

Great bun, but runed.

#1940 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I love FoF but these pictures are depressing. McDonald's should be embarrassed. I would be ashamed to say I had a business that operated in such a lazy, slipshod manner. It really is pathetic you cannot even spend the additional two tenths of a second to put a piece of cheese or some sauce on the top of a sandwich instead of half off to the side. This is not that difficult.

No need to be upset. Don't get worked up enough to type about it.

Easy fixed.

#1946 1 year ago

I'd take coffee over soft drink. Can't see that pairing for me like so many people seem to do.

#1948 1 year ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

FOF isn't about quality... its about FOF. Some people get it, some don't.

The entitled class want their FoF made with presentation in mind. They are entitled to it because the employees get a publicized hourly rate.

Us working class get it, it's junk food, presented, eaten and forgotten with a warm glow of partly full.

#1951 1 year ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Nothing wrong with demanding a halfway decently assembled FoF, considering the prices they charge these days.
    It's not about being entitled or working class - we pay our money and it's reasonable to receive a product that's been competently assembled.
    Paying folks $15 /hour to work at McD's doesn't seem to be translating into a better experience for the consumer, so there's that.

I don't think your expectations align with managements expectations. That's where the entitled comment comes from.

I'd expect they give less of a toss for presentation than they do for speed of service and throughput. I doubt there's ever been a franchisee that's looked in a bag and told the employee to go back and redo it with the sauce in the middle.

Those entitled people want it immediately, it's important it's 'fresh'.
    It also has to be cooked properly, with the right amount of brown on the bun and not too dark a fillet.
    Then it has to be assembled in a tidy, pretty manner.

Choose any two.

I'll never be able to understand the constant references to someone's rate of pay. Especially when it's such a small amount compared to most of the people here.
    FFS there's people here who whine that the cheese is on the wrong side of the fillet.

Just get it down your gob.

#1954 1 year ago

Truth in advertising. It's such a ridiculous concept it's funny remember?

1_puZ31wWrvAM8gupYYaxt0g (resized).jpeg1_puZ31wWrvAM8gupYYaxt0g (resized).jpeg

#1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Well then let's agree to disagree.

If you're earning $15 or $20 or whatever fast food workers feel they deserve nowadays, then I would expect an increase in quality, cleanliness and attitude. This is a lot of money to be paid for unskilled labor, and there should be some accountability in play just like there is for a software developer or management type who makes $20 or $30 an hour (workers who actually had to put in time, education and sacrifice to earn their right to work in such a role). If you're content with just skating through life doing nothing to get ahead, but yet feel like you deserve $15/hour to slap a fish patty on a bun, then consumers have a right to demand better for their money since they are directly paying for these increased pay rates.

You are able to ask for better assembly, but the workers doing the assembly aren't the ones you would be addressing. It's managements job to train people who work for them and set expectations.
    I don't believe this is in your bill of rights to DEMAND this, though believing it to be is a major part of the definition of entitled people...

This value judgement that you make on people just because of their employment is pretty sickening really. You also assume there is no training or performance management in that workplace.

If someone decides to work for a living doing one thing you have decided they are all 'skating through life doing nothing to get ahead', but other people you have decided earnt their employment.

Once again, if management expected their workers to pay attention to this then that's what they would be doing or face failure at performance review and have to undergo repeated training.

#1957 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Maybe we should send these photos to corporate since theres no on site quality control .

That's the ticket!

Are the stores franchised like here?

if so it would be a local endeavor to reach the stores near you if you actually gave a flying fuck how it goes in the box.

#1961 1 year ago

Just goes to show that they don't get an avalanche of complaints and it doesn't show up in their customer focus groups or corporate modelling.

If more people thought it was important it would be implemented.

Don't get me wrong, i'd like it if it was prettier and i didn't have to peel the cheese off the cardboard sometimes.
    I just know it ain't the workers fault if they haven't had it stressed as important by management, and has bugger all to do with their rate of pay.

If it was an isolated lazy worker the same thing wouldn't happen at every store around the world.

#1964 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

You guys are harshing my FoF vibe.

Red ragger all my life. I've dedicated years to sticking up for the worker.

Won'tBeStoppingWhileIHaveBreathPunkin

#1966 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

If you'd eat one blindfolded it would pretty much taste the same each and every time.

This.

witnessed-witness.gifwitnessed-witness.gif

#1968 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

No arguments from me… I think I have even said it in here… the problem is shit-managers and shit-companies. Especially if the line workers are kids… if the manager is shit, they will never impart anything of value to them as workers. You can always tell a restaurant that has a good manager, not just by the quality/cleanliness but if there are youngsters working there you can see it in their faces (bad managers suck the life and happiness out of them, good managers will give them purpose and they will find a small bit of happiness and purpose in it)

Truth, again.

It's world wide at Mickey's and blaming the assembly guy who's doing what he's told by corporate shows a lack of understanding of the world.

#1973 1 year ago

For $6 I want my FoF to be perfect or Im sending it back.
    Im not driving thru, Im in the dining room for this. Its one of my guilty pleasures and I want it right.
    Ill wait for it.
    Sometimes you gotta put your foot down and demand excellence.

That will work.

Quoted from RyanStl:

Getting everything between the two buns seems like a very little thing to ask for, plus it's what you are paying for. I don't understand this entitlement BS when comes to a consumer wanting something at least semi-close to what is being advertised to them.

That will not.

#1975 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Getting everything between the two buns seems like a very little thing to ask for, plus it's what you are paying for.

But you are pointing out that entitlement is BS while saying you are entitled to it.

It's like we speak a different language or that you don't put a single thought into what you are saying.

I said that sitting there and sending it back till you are happy with it will get you a perfect sandwich, and as a bonus, your tenth one will be fresh as.

Complaining here that you are entitled to it because they advertised as perfect in pictures will not get you a better sandwich.

Simple enough?

#1977 1 year ago

Goodo, you don't get it, you don't get it.

Back to junk food.

#1986 1 year ago

I ride too, this is my mates ride next to my rocker.

bike9 (resized).jpgbike9 (resized).jpg

I think i broke my heal or the meccanno pieces in my ankle yesterday chucking wheelies on my electric scooter. Can't walk today. Floor is covered in blood.

#2006 1 year ago

Went on a trip on the weekend and got a fix in on the way back.

Double fillet looked good value so i got two of them.

Too much fish, not enough bread. It all get's a bit mushy.

The double cheese is good, but the double sauce is not.

Got through 1.5 of them, but not again.

2 months later
    #2040 1 year ago

Sweet and salty, it would work.

2 weeks later
    #2044 1 year ago

Been trying to mention it. Choc shake and salty chips. adda fillet, or just sip while you eat.

PunkinStylePunkin

#2051 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Only good things in sausages.

sausageday1.3 (resized).jpgsausageday1.3 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.10 (resized).jpgsausageday1.10 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #2106 1 year ago

Add it to the price of the next pinball you sell.

#2110 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Are you suggesting I keep a running FoF tab that I add to my sale-price?

You do you, but if it bothers you, you could?

1 month later
    #2148 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I have started a Go fund me so I can afford 2 FOFs at my local McDs,no deals around here for quite a long time.

A mate of mine rang yesterday and said she was coming to visit. Do you want anything from town 3/4hr away?

Yes please 2 x FoF.

They'll be cold.

Don't matter.

#2150 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What a friend!

She was rewarded with brownies.

4 weeks later
    #2155 9 months ago

Not sure that even qualifies as a FoF.

#2159 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:Taste is all that matters.

If you are a cow.

But for a person, presentation, smell, freshness, balance, texture and many other things make up a pleasant meal.

#2165 9 months ago

That's what the chocolate thick shake is for.

6 months later
    #2222 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ours makes an occasional mistake, but the quality is as consistent as can be expected. It's one that has been in operation as far back as I can remember. At least the 1960s.
    I guess being closer to the source can help.[quoted image]

What a beautiful building. Someone took some pride in designing that in a way that doesn't happen any more.

#2226 3 months ago

Seen better buns i reckon.

1 month later
    #2239 69 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

It seems there’s deals everywhere except in skinkland.

Raises hand.

McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpgMcDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #2257 47 days ago

Either you have massive thumbs or the shrinking guys might be onto something.

#2278 43 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Nah… it was just me beating a dead horse.

Was also funny.

#2280 42 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Since a Whale is not a fish, it was probably a better name for whatever the hell that thing was made of.

But a whaler is a fish. I've eaten plenty of them.

bullshark1 (resized).jpgbullshark1 (resized).jpg

#2282 42 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

looks like a shark.

Yes. It is a shark. A Whaler.

#2285 42 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

And, sharks are fish.

I laid the bait, but he went and did a sensible check before responding.

#2287 42 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Well it it's in a taco James would be all over it.

The missus took that photo. I assured her i could handle the fish and get it in the esky, as i'd done it many times alone, but she wasn't gunna be part of the blood and mayhem.

It swam free...ish. Had a hook (not stainless) it had to deal with.

#2291 42 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Sharks are good,I have caught and eaten plenty.

Always popular at barbies over here.

I make a mean fish taco. It has to use shark, as it's the only fish that holds together while tossing on the barbie, green prawns chopped, some squid, sweet chilli sauce and all the usual suspects.

#2295 42 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You know what, I didn't even realize this was the FOF thread. No tacos allowed here. Put that shark on a steamed bun with some tartar sauce and half a slice of cheese.

No homemade fish sanga's allowed here either.

I've been called a besmircher before.....

#2297 41 days ago

Well technically i was labelled as i made the mistake of comparison.

#2305 35 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Arby's 2/$5.99
    No coupons or scam-ap installation required.
    Tasted good, lots of tartar sauce
    [quoted image]

Wrong thread.

#2315 33 days ago

6 bucks each here.

1 week later
    #2318 21 days ago

Someone's nightmare?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.