Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,330 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3358 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider electrocute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago

No tarter sauce, just ketchup. Yes, that’s how I eat them to!

#50 3 years ago

I’ve always liked the Big Breakfast sandwich with the english muffin. Put the eggs, sausage and strawberry jam between the muffin and you got the best breakfast sandwich on the menu. Ate that for the first time circa 1975

#54 3 years ago

Grouper sandwich. Just missing the beer.

A5172320-F05F-4472-B2F0-8E4A03D692AB (resized).jpegA5172320-F05F-4472-B2F0-8E4A03D692AB (resized).jpeg
    #87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

On the topic of McDonald’s has anyone ever had their pizza? Apparently it was an item on the menu in the 80’s and early 90’s which I don’t remember. There are still 4 locations that still serve it. Two in Ohio, one in West Virginia and one in Florida.
    [quoted image]

Their pizza is magical. First thing I ate after I quit smoking. International drive. June 10 1995.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Always remember, going waaay back, when I was in college, I would often get for dinner a fish filet, a cheeseburger, a large fry, and a chocolate shake. And, a small fry to eat in the car on the way home. Not kidding.
    I typically did this on weekend nights before a long night of intense partying and alcohol consumption. Oh to be young again.
    I don’t get them much any more, too expensive. I can make a pretty good replica at home
    with some frozen filets from Trader Joe’s, the right buns(just small plain hamburger buns), a slice of American cheese, and tartar sauce that I make. And I do this fairly often. Great pandemic food.
    For some reason I can’t remember what fish filets cost back then. What I do distinctly remember from high school:
    Hamburger 15 cents
    Cheeseburger 20 cents
    Fries 20 cents
    Milk shake 25 cents
    The fries may have been 15 cents for regular. I am pretty sure the internet is wrong on the prices from say 1971, they are too high. I absolutely remember that the burgers were 15 and the cheeseburgers were 20. And I remember that if you had a quarter you were golden because you could get a shake.
    I also would typically get a small Coke and a vanilla shake, then dump the Coke into the shake and stir it up. I am pretty sure I actually invented the freeze.

Sounds about right. I remember hamburgers at 25 cents and cheeseburgers at 35 cents. Also, remember Krystal’s at 7 cents. That was around 1975.
    In college, I used to get a hamburger, medium fry and medium coke for $1.65. That was 1985.

#110 3 years ago

Yuck! I will not eat anything with mayo.

1 year later
    #983 2 years ago

Some McDonald restaurants are good, some terrible. Ate breakfast this morning at the one that is notoriously bad. Yuck!

Anyways, haven’t ate a Filet-O-Fish for many years. Used to substitute the tarter for ketchup.

#987 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Oof.
    I wouldn't say that too loudly in this forum...

On the other hand. The Big Mac is the perfect hangover remedy. I think the cure is in the secret sauce.

#990 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

If it's notoriously bad, that's on you!

Yep, some lessons are never learned.

1 month later
    #1264 2 years ago

Had a Filet-O-Fish and a small coke for lunch today. Pretty damn good! Left the phone in the truck or I would of taken a pic. Passed on the fries since they aren’t on the dollar menu anymore. Is anything?

#1287 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

So today after work I decided to stop at the same McDonald's where I had the most sublime FoF meal last Friday. Unfortunately the experience was not to be duplicated today.
    Once again I got the FoF meal with a double cheeseburger kicker, but this time the burger had obviously been hanging around for a while, so it was somehow dried out and soggy at the same time. The french fries were flaccid. as for the Filet, Ill let the photo speak for itself. Im sure you will quickly see the issue with the bungled buns.
    But I’m no quitter, Ill be back next week to try my luck again.[quoted image][quoted image]

How much $$$ did you lose? Went to McDonalds this past Sunday. Spent $14.24 for 2 FoF, 2 small drinks (only ordered one) and a order of small fries. Fries were dead, fed them to the garbage can. So guess I was only out ~$3.25. FoF’s were OK, had better. It’s hit or miss.

#1296 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Great. Now it will 2 for $10 FOF.

What’s a buck, it’s already up to $9

#1318 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

In 1978 a FOF was 55 cents, I worked there. A gallon of gas was 70 cents. Today gas in my area is $3.69. A single FOF is $5.24. Perspective.

Worked at Sea World in ‘78, Captain’s Den to be exact. (Got time to lean, got time to clean) Who forgets their first job? Great times! From what I can remember, gas was 55 cents per gallon and a burger at McDonald’s was 25 cents, 35 cents for the cheeseburger.

#1333 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I have to say, while there's no such thing as a bad FOF, this one wasn't perfect.
    I opted for the medium combo meal.
    I think they added a second cheese slice, and they forgot to add the minced onions that I requested. Fries were definitely past their prime, and even the diet Coke fountain drink was uncharacteristically bad (overly sweet, which is rare since McD's has the BEST fountain drinks that money can buy).
    Let's just say I was underwhelmed and didn't feel like the $9.00 was well-spent today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you were dealt a $9.00 meal that should of been fed to a garbage can! Feel the grief.

1 week later
    #1401 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

None of the franchise locations seem to do anything other than the toasted
    But you do get a full slice of cheese, and the ice cream machines always work...

Just checked, it is ice cream not ice milk. Enjoy!

#1425 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Very true. But Ray Kroc was a dick. In the late 70's when I worked at McD's we had a Ray Kroc birthday cake delivered to the store. Underwhelming.

Watched the movie and it was enlightening, Roy wasn’t “The Founder”, more like “The Predator”.

#1467 2 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:

First time poster here good sandwich but roll not steamed
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Not steamed? You got ripped off!

3 weeks later
    #1537 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Socal has Friday $2.50 FOF. Fries were so-so.

$3.29 for So so fries? They should of been Golden at that price.

FD517F75-954C-45CE-857A-B9AA92805E93 (resized).jpegFD517F75-954C-45CE-857A-B9AA92805E93 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #1580 2 years ago
    Quoted from EasternBloc:

So I set them out behind the barn to see if the feral cats would turn their nose up to them as well! Missed meal turns into a fun experiment.
    [quoted image]

Don’t deprive the garbage can, it eats too!

4 months later
    #1741 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

[quoted image]

McDonalds has priced themselves out of the “junk food” market. I’ve been a steady customer of Panera Bread, Chilis, Jersey Mikes and so on. It’s a couple of bucks more but the food is better.

I do like the Filet of Fish, but $2.50 for a small order of fries? (it’s a gamble, 50/50 chance I feed them to the garbage can or the parking lot birds)

2 months later
    #1944 1 year ago

Next time custom order it, perhaps onions and it should be fresher.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider electrocute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish?tu=electrocute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.