Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by RobW
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Filet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.
    #2051 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Only good things in sausages.

sausageday1.3 (resized).jpgsausageday1.3 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.10 (resized).jpgsausageday1.10 (resized).jpg

#2052 1 year ago

I am in Finland for work and discovered that their McDonalds do not sell the FoF. The horror.

#2053 1 year ago

iSBfE6x (resized).jpgiSBfE6x (resized).jpg

#2054 1 year ago

She got what was coming to her.

#2055 1 year ago

True story- 28 ish years ago i I ordered a bk fish sammich.. there was worms or maggots mixed into the patty that i only discovered after i bit into it and looked to compare the texture to a f.o.f.! Needless to say, I've never had another fish sammich from bk again. I remember because my kids' mom worked there when we were young, and she sold it to me.. is it a coincidence we broke up not too long after that ?! Hmmm.

#2056 1 year ago

I couldn't wait for the Lent specials to kick in, so I didn't care if it was off kilter with tartar everywhere it shouldn't be. After a few hours helping friends & family deal with the latest snowfall, it was a warm, tasty fishy reward for a job well done!

IMG_3827 (resized).jpgIMG_3827 (resized).jpg
    #2057 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

I couldn't wait for the Lent specials to kick in, so I didn't care if it was off kilter with tartar everywhere it shouldn't be. After a few hours helping friends & family deal with the latest snowfall, it was a warm, tasty fishy reward for a job well done![quoted image]

Ahh… the comfort of the warm FoF on a winter’s day. It’s as if the angels created a perfect fish-meatloaf, to warm the sole… errr… soul.

#2058 1 year ago

Also - didn’t Lent start on Wednesday Feb 22? Where are our f-ing FoF deals for Lent? WTF McDonalds? Its MFing Easter season… give us our F-ing FoF deals!

#2059 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Also - didn’t Lent start on Wednesday Feb 22? Where are our f-ing FoF deals for Lent? WTF McDonalds? Its MFing Easter season… give us our F-ing FoF deals!

Just not seeing it in Socal at least yet. Still $5.49 for a FoF. It was $2.50 each last year.

1 week later
    #2060 1 year ago

Buy one FoF, get another for $1 in the app.

#2061 1 year ago

I asked about FoF specials last time I was at the Drive-Thru a few days ago, and was told there are no FoF specials that they knew of other than whatever kind of App special there was.

I suppose it makes business sense to steer specials to the App, but I won't fall for it.

I guess I'll have to enjoy my FoF fix at full price.

#2062 1 year ago

Monkey Wrench app..

mm (resized).jpgmm (resized).jpg

#2063 1 year ago

I must confess to having “ a fling”, “ an affair” this afternoon with the Specialty Hawaiian Fish sammich at Arby’s. It was great but just hope McD’s doesn’t find out.

#2064 1 year ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I must confess to having “ a fling”, “ an affair” this afternoon with the Specialty Hawaiian Fish sammich at Arby’s. It was great but just hope McD’s doesn’t find out.

If you’re going to stray, do it right and get the Walleye sandwich from Culver’s.

#2065 1 year ago

Oh the shame I am feeling right now!

( I’ll keep that suggestion in mind)

#2066 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

If you’re going to stray, do it right and get the Walleye sandwich from Culver’s.

47830DF6-FD9C-4177-9EBA-BCB894A775EA (resized).jpeg47830DF6-FD9C-4177-9EBA-BCB894A775EA (resized).jpeg
    #2067 1 year ago

Being lent, surprised this thread has died off so much

#2068 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Being lent, surprised this thread has died off so much

No deals on app showing for me… despite the lent thing. To be honest… am starting to feel a bit like F McDs and their stupid ass prices.

Makes me most mad because that sandwich is too good for that punk-ass restaurant.

#2069 1 year ago

On a pinch, I used to grab food from there for the kids to do a cheap, quick meal time to time. No longer. I can get better food for just slightly more.

#2070 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

On a pinch, I used to grab food from there for the kids to do a cheap, quick meal time to time. No longer. I can get better food for just slightly more.

The FoF and fries are the only thing they do well IMO… and if a FoF meal is gonna run me like $9, and more than $4 for extra FoFs? They will never see another dime from me again. Bunch of clowns.

#2071 1 year ago

That’s right folks… the thrill is gone!

#2072 1 year ago

I can go to an actual restuarant now for not much more. I totally agree with you skink91.

#2073 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

The FoF and fries are the only thing they do well IMO… and if a FoF meal is gonna run me like $9, and more than $4 for extra FoFs? They will never see another dime from me again. Bunch of clowns.

If you haven’t tried the Walleye sandwich from Culver’s, do it. Delicious and it’s only like a $1 more than FoF. I think it’s only seasonal tho, I believe spring and fall time.

#2074 1 year ago

Well… I was certainly full of piss-and-vinegar last night. “Damn you McDonalds!”

Ha. Ahhh… angry old men are funny.

I woke up with regret at my harsh words.

CD8A4446-A4C0-4427-B183-1E9BFF90D687 (resized).jpegCD8A4446-A4C0-4427-B183-1E9BFF90D687 (resized).jpeg
    #2075 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

If you haven’t tried the Walleye sandwich from Culver’s, do it. Delicious and it’s only like a $1 more than FoF. I think it’s only seasonal tho, I believe spring and fall time.

I have actually had that one… in fact I ordered both the cod and walleye sandwiches together, but I liked the cod better.

Here’s the thing about that - for a sandwich, I almost always prefer the white flaky almost ‘fish-potatoey’ filets to the better ones (no clue why).

Don’t get me wrong though, I have eaten a metric crap-ton of fried walleye in my life and it really doesn’t get much better than that. Especially fresh, right out of cold water, and coated with Shore Lunch (my favorite is the cajun flavor).

#2076 1 year ago

Recent fish sandwich ratings:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/best-fast-food-fish-sandwich/

McD's FOF is last. Culvers is 1st and 2nd. I'll have to try one next time I'm in a state that has locations.

#2077 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My closest culver's seems to be 498 miles away.

#2078 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Recent fish sandwich ratings:
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/best-fast-food-fish-sandwich/
    McD's FOF is last. Culvers is 1st and 2nd. I'll have to try one next time I'm in a state that has locations.

FOF being last tells me everything I need to know about ‘tasteofhome.com’. Communists.

#2079 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

FOF being last tells me everything I need to know about ‘tasteofhome.com’. Communists.

Ray Kroc had a saying which applies here. "When you green you're growing, when you're ripe you rot."

The FOF needs to be upgraded to compete now.

#2080 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Ray Kroc had a saying which applies here. "When you green you're growing, when you're ripe you rot."
    The FOF needs to be upgraded to compete now.

You in the wrong thread there sunshine.

#2081 1 year ago

Popeyes Cajun Flounder Sandwich.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2082 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Popeyes Cajun Flounder Sandwich.[quoted image]

Had it. Was decent. Its no FoF.

You just posting random photos or have something to say about it?

#2083 1 year ago

Twice the sandwich size wise and costs the same.

Quoted from skink91:

They will never see another dime from me again. Bunch of clowns.

#2084 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Twice the sandwich size wise and costs the same.

Also, doesn’t taste as good and last time I went there wasn’t on the menu. Next!

#2085 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Also, doesn’t taste as good and last time I went there wasn’t on the menu. Next!

nah (resized).jpgnah (resized).jpg

#2086 1 year ago

Wayward thumb ruined a near perfect “10”

36DAE738-86AB-4134-A6D9-274BF371744A (resized).jpeg36DAE738-86AB-4134-A6D9-274BF371744A (resized).jpeg3AE5863A-194A-4619-B87D-5665CA3C350D (resized).jpeg3AE5863A-194A-4619-B87D-5665CA3C350D (resized).jpeg

#2087 1 year ago

Hidden Mickeys

#2088 1 year ago
    306322536_19737517 (resized).jpg306322536_19737517 (resized).jpg
    #2089 1 year ago

Filet O Fish Lent

McDonald's says not this year

So no fish for me

#2090 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Filet O Fish Lent
    So no fish for me

Frickin’ McDonalds.

#2091 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Filet O Fish Lent
    So no fish for me

Really?

#2092 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Popeyes Cajun Flounder Sandwich.[quoted image]

Popeyes is literally the hot pockets of the drive through world. Worst food across the board I have ever had.

#2093 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Popeyes is literally the hot pockets of the drive through world. Worst food across the board I have ever had.

I like their chicken sandwhich above all others.

#2094 1 year ago

Back again..

2× Filet-O-Fish.. add Onion, add Pickle.

Well constructed, no spillage, good steamed buns, little wrinkled on the left.

Score-9.5

20230317_185839 (resized).jpg20230317_185839 (resized).jpg20230317_185858 (resized).jpg20230317_185858 (resized).jpg
    #2095 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Back again..
    2× Filet-O-Fish.. add Onion, add Pickle.
    Well constructed, no spillage, good steamed buns, little wrinkled on the left.
    Score-9.5
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciate your tasteful presentation there… the photos with buns open and covered with tartar always give me an awkward moment of confusion.

#2097 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I appreciate your tasteful presentation there… the photos with buns open and covered with tartar always give me an awkward moment of confusion.

Thank you.
    Seeing the lovely FOF, splayed open in others photos is to me.. well disrespectful to the FOF.

#2098 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Thank you.
    Seeing the lovely FOF, splayed open in others photos is to me.. well disrespectful to the FOF.

I also prefer the demure FoF.

#2099 1 year ago

I like the open and closed photos.Only way we can judge neatness and placement.But Im a Heathen.

#2100 1 year ago
    There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.