Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by RobW
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Filet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 47.
    #1901 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Damn your eyes you foul beasts with your condiments of ill repute!

7BA79DFD-AF8D-43E7-AFAF-56BA71BE681C.gif7BA79DFD-AF8D-43E7-AFAF-56BA71BE681C.gif
    #1902 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

UTZ crab chip is where it’s at!

Exactly, and it is not even close!

#1903 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Damn your eyes you foul beasts with your condiments of ill repute!

I take it you are not an Old Bay fan. More of a J. O. guy? I can get you a 50 pound bucket of it.

jo-brand-crab-seasoning-number-2-lg (resized).pngjo-brand-crab-seasoning-number-2-lg (resized).png
    #1904 1 year ago

And just so you know, most crab places around here use J.O. Shit is phenomenal! https://www.baltimoresun.com/food-drink/bs-fo-old-bay-jo-crabs-20190424-story.html

#1905 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I take it you are not an Old Bay fan. More of a J. O. guy? I can get you a 50 pound bucket of it.[quoted image]

~ LOL @ at the name J.O.

#1906 1 year ago
    Quoted from slag:

I'm not positive, but I feel like something may be missing...[quoted image]

Sweet! That’s an “error” FOF and actually more valuable than the one with Tarter.

#1907 1 year ago

Wait is JO what the local MD folks use and then ship out that crappy Old Bay seasoning to the rest of the world?

Come clean on this

#1908 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

A simple cocktail sauce is horseradish and ketchup. Done

I just use French dressing.

#1909 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Wait is JO what the local MD folks use and then ship out that crappy Old Bay seasoning to the rest of the world?
    Come clean on this

Busted!

#1910 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Come clean on this

JO is what most people around here use to steam the crabs in since it is much thicker and granular.

I love Old Bay as much as any other person but you have to use the right condiment for the right activity. Steaming crabs: JO. Eating crabs: Whatever you like.

With all that being said, Herr's Old Bay Crab Chips do not stand a candle to Ute Crab Chips. This is just a fact.

#1911 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

JO is what most people around here use to steam the crabs in since it is much thicker and granular.
    I love Old Bay as much as any other person but you have to use the right condiment for the right activity. Steaming crabs: JO. Eating crabs: Whatever you like.
    With all that being said, Herr's Old Bay Crab Chips do not stand a candle to Ute Crab Chips. This is just a fact.

Dude now I want me some of those Herr’s Old Bay chips. Those look tasty

#1912 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Merely suggesting that cocktail sauce of any description is not an ingredient listed as FoF.

We were discussing ketchup/catsup and its uses,agree not for FOF unless its what you like.
    You dip your fries in your milkshake thats not on FOF either.

#1913 1 year ago

My FoF from lunch. A little off center but it tasted great!

B5C448FF-4337-4945-9441-D3568822FC85 (resized).jpegB5C448FF-4337-4945-9441-D3568822FC85 (resized).jpeg
    #1914 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

We were discussing ketchup/catsup and its uses,agree not for FOF unless its what you like.
    You dip your fries in your milkshake thats not on FOF either.

You fucked it up.

I can order fries and a shake only and it has nothing to do with a FoF (as if i would).

But my particular FoF crime is putting some of the fries (undipped) on my FoF.

So if you would like to disparage me for FoF corruption, that's the place to start.

#1915 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You fucked it up.
    I can order fries and a shake only and it has nothing to do with a FoF (as if i would).
    But my particular FoF crime is putting some of the fries (undipped) on my FoF.
    So if you would like to disparage me for FoF corruption, that's the place to start.

sometimes you have trouble following the conversation.P.S. theres a snake in your boot

#1916 1 year ago

True, i started with truculence that meant i didn't use my brain for the normal things as a child, then moved to drugs and alcohol.

It's not an excuse, just a reason.

And the snake is in my hat, not my boot.

snake19 (resized).jpgsnake19 (resized).jpg

#1917 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

True, i started with truculence that meant i didn't use my brain for the normal things as a child, then moved to drugs and alcohol.
    It's not an excuse, just a reason.
    And the snake is in my hat, not my boot.
    [quoted image]

IMG_1076 (resized).jpgIMG_1076 (resized).jpg
    I saw your machines heres one of mine.If I put it on a FOF it doesnt look good.

#1918 1 year ago

Got a security cam pic of a currawong that has taken a liking to my Rocker. Caught him looking at himself in the mirror again the other day.

They are usually too smart to come inside, but this guy can't resist cool.

bird1 (resized).PNGbird1 (resized).PNG

Stock pic of currawong

piedcurrawong (resized).jpgpiedcurrawong (resized).jpg

#1919 1 year ago

We have a lot in common
    Pinball
    Motorcycles and FOF

IMG_1183 (resized).jpgIMG_1183 (resized).jpg
    #1920 1 year ago

And a love of conversation.

WaitsForGetARoomPunkin

#1921 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

And a love of conversation.
    WaitsForGetARoomPunkin

I saw that one coming

1 week later
    #1922 1 year ago

My wife loves the McRib.
    I don’t.
    So, ……………….

Yeah baby!

4A9CE946-76BE-420C-A333-EB9608A2F7EA (resized).jpeg4A9CE946-76BE-420C-A333-EB9608A2F7EA (resized).jpegCFF9E90C-9703-4CF7-A8C1-287572E135D8 (resized).jpegCFF9E90C-9703-4CF7-A8C1-287572E135D8 (resized).jpeg
    #1923 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

My wife loves the McRib.
    I don’t.
    So, ……………….
    Yeah baby!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I always think I like the McRib. But every time I give it another chance I just wish it was a filet o fish.

#1924 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I always think I like the McRib. But every time I give it another chance I just wish it was a filet o fish.

It’s like a hot pocket. You never feel good about yourself after eating one.

#1925 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

My wife loves the McRib.
    I don’t.
    So, ……………….
    Yeah baby!

Thank You for not posting a pic of the McRib.

#1926 1 year ago

Nice FOF!
    As for the McRib - I can't get over the bumpy texture. I think they throw some cartilage in there, but it's kind of unnerving when you bite into that patty of mystery meat.

Great sauce though! I wish they would bottle and sell that on its own!

#1927 1 year ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Great sauce though! I wish they would bottle and sell that on its own!

Its really just about the sauce, i mean were basically eating peppered cardboard but everyone goes crazy over the McRib when it comes back. I wish they would make some kind of rodeo burger with that sauce and onion rings.

#1928 1 year ago

I can’t get enough of the McRib! Best sandwich McDonald’s makes. A few years ago I started buying the boneless ribs (just like McDonald’s) at Walmart, I haven’t found them in a while.

#1929 1 year ago

Haven’t had a FoF since Feb as I was trying the Keto thing. Couldn’t take it any longer, pulled up to order today and see McRib is available now! Should have ordered both but went with the old standby!

#1930 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I can’t get enough of the McRib! Best sandwich McDonald’s makes.

It appears you’ve lost your way… there’s still hope, I think… but this is the bad way.

#1931 1 year ago

I have to see if it’s in Canada as well! Otherwise I’ll have to cross the border this weekend!

#1932 1 year ago

I don't think this has been posted. It's sort of old news, but it's an interesting read on our beloved Filet-O-Fish...

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/america-s-filet-o-fish-supply-chain-travels-through-canada-n1281435

#1933 1 year ago

You know what would be awesome?
    If McD's used the longer McRib style bun and made a "Super FoF"!

That bigger bun should allow them to add two FoF patties, a whole slice of cheese, and gobs of heavenly tartar sauce.

Mmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about all that wonderful fishy goodness.

#1934 1 year ago

I used to work for Aurther Treacher's Fish and Chips back in the day and our fish sandwiches put Mcdonalds to shame. Toasted buns, tartar sauce, melted cheese and homemade coleslaw and hush puppies on the side. The good old days.

#1935 1 year ago

1 week later
    #1936 1 year ago

Slivered onions mod. Rate away.

IMG_20221113_193913333 (resized).jpgIMG_20221113_193913333 (resized).jpgIMG_20221113_193946983 (resized).jpgIMG_20221113_193946983 (resized).jpg
    #1937 1 year ago

Great bun, but runed.

#1938 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Slivered onions mod. Rate away.

Sauce nearly all on the sandwich.

Bun looks steamed, fish looks well cooked and actually an attempt to put it on the bun.

Cheese half off the sandwich, but in the box (at least) and not just thrown in the bag as an afterthought...

Im rating it as a 7

Nice sandwich!

#1939 1 year ago

I love FoF but these pictures are depressing. McDonald's should be embarrassed. I would be ashamed to say I had a business that operated in such a lazy, slipshod manner. It really is pathetic you cannot even spend the additional two tenths of a second to put a piece of cheese or some sauce on the top of a sandwich instead of half off to the side. This is not that difficult.

#1940 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I love FoF but these pictures are depressing. McDonald's should be embarrassed. I would be ashamed to say I had a business that operated in such a lazy, slipshod manner. It really is pathetic you cannot even spend the additional two tenths of a second to put a piece of cheese or some sauce on the top of a sandwich instead of half off to the side. This is not that difficult.

No need to be upset. Don't get worked up enough to type about it.

Easy fixed.

#1941 1 year ago

Yikes.
    Good to see the old quality control being maintained, lol!

In my area, the local McD's is being renovated, so it's been closed for a few weeks now.
    Probably a good thing.

#1942 1 year ago

Needed a quick afternoon coffee, and decided to add a FoF as a snack. A little sloppy with the tartar, and it seemed to have been sitting for a while. However, perfect cheese placement and still tasty saved it giving this one a 7.5.

IMG_3409 (resized).jpgIMG_3409 (resized).jpg
    #1943 1 year ago

Idk. That seems like a solid 8.0 -- maybe even an 8.5
    Sloppy sauce application, but on the bright side there's an extra bit of tartar in the box to dip your FoF as you please...

#1944 1 year ago

Next time custom order it, perhaps onions and it should be fresher.

#1945 1 year ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Needed a quick afternoon coffee, and decided to add a FoF as a snack. A little sloppy with the tartar, and it seemed to have been sitting for a while. However, perfect cheese placement and still tasty saved it giving this one a 7.5.
    [quoted image]

So coffee with your FOF? Interesting mix

#1946 1 year ago

I'd take coffee over soft drink. Can't see that pairing for me like so many people seem to do.

#1947 1 year ago

FOF isn't about quality... its about FOF. Some people get it, some don't.

#1948 1 year ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

FOF isn't about quality... its about FOF. Some people get it, some don't.

The entitled class want their FoF made with presentation in mind. They are entitled to it because the employees get a publicized hourly rate.

Us working class get it, it's junk food, presented, eaten and forgotten with a warm glow of partly full.

#1949 1 year ago

So hungry now…

#1950 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The entitled class want their FoF made with presentation in mind. They are entitled to it because the employees get a publicized hourly rate.
    Us working class get it, it's junk food, presented, eaten and forgotten with a warm glow of partly full.

Nothing wrong with demanding a halfway decently assembled FoF, considering the prices they charge these days.
    It's not about being entitled or working class - we pay our money and it's reasonable to receive a product that's been competently assembled.

Paying folks $15 /hour to work at McD's doesn't seem to be translating into a better experience for the consumer, so there's that.

There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.