Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,330 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3358 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.
    #1851 1 year ago

Bun looks a bit oversteamed.
    Yeah, they missed a bit with the sauce, but you can always dip the sandwich into it as you eat it (McNugget style).

#1852 1 year ago

I said 7.0 because its the 1st FOF photo in awhile.Famous last words Id eat that

#1853 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Did you ask for sauce on the side?

Lol, possibly!

#1854 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I would be unhappy with that one. Did you ask for sauce on the side?

Lol, no. And you can't see it in the picture, but the cheese was under that sauce too. It felt like they put it together as it slid down the counter.

#1855 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Seems like there are more FoF haters posting in here than fans these days?

I plan on grabbing one tomorrow!

#1856 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Lol, no. And you can't see it in the picture, but the cheese was under that sauce too. It felt like the put it together as it slid down the counter.

Kudo's for getting the cheese in the box, instead of thrown in the bag as an after thought!

I imagine its a complex job getting 3 items centered on a bun, in the correct order etc. (I an mot a professional sandwich maker and can only imagine the stress involved).

A 4 year old child could do it, but due to labor laws we get what we get....

#1857 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Kudo's for getting the cheese in the box, instead of thrown in the bag as an after thought!
    I imagine its a complex job getting 3 items centered on a bun, in the correct order etc. (I an mot a professional sandwich maker and can only imagine the stress involved).
    A 4 year old child could do it, but due to labor laws we get what we get....

I like to look at things as fairly as possible, but like you said, how hard can it be? Yes they are cranking out food and everything is a hurry all the time I’m sure, but how much longer would it take to do it right? 2 seconds?

If you have ever seen the In n Out kitchen in process, you are seeing a place where high speed mass production is going on and it goes like that all day long. I have never had anything but a perfectly prepared and aligned burger there. Which is why I go there and not MCDonalds.

Although yes I do have to hit it for the FoF on occasion, there is nowhere else to get that.

#1858 1 year ago

FoF with the diced onion mod. Feel free to rate.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I think the reconstituted onions might confuse my taste buds, they belong on my other fave - the original McDs hamburger. I'd have to taste it first.

#1859 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

I think the reconstituted onions might confuse my taste buds, they belong on my other fave - the original McDs hamburger. I'd have to taste it first.

It's actually quite good.

The onion (dehydrated or slivered) works pretty well with a FoF. Moreso for me, because I grew up in a household where my parents would always include onions in their homemade tartar sauce.

#1860 1 year ago

Did this just turn into one of those pathetic circle jerk free Thumbs up threads? Hope so!

#1861 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did this just turn into one of those pathetic circle jerk Thumbs up threads? Hope so!

It’s not a circle, it’s more of a line that kinda meanders side to side as people try to look to see how far they are from the dumpster.

#1862 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

It’s not a circle, it’s more of a line that kinda meanders side to side as people try to look to see how far they are from the dumpster.

Conga line, to be exact.

#1863 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did this just turn into one of those pathetic circle jerk free Thumbs up threads? Hope so!

Never disparage a good free circle jerk.

#1864 1 year ago

FoF with the diced onion mod. Feel free to rate.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That's a 4.5. skimpy on the onion and everything off center. My daughter is a McD's manager. If she brought me that I'd send her back to work for a proper Fof.

Punkin, any thoughts?

#1865 1 year ago

Onions besides. The bun looks a cracker. I like that Brown.
    Hate lazy sauce and the patty looks old, maybe that's why the bun is dark?

In agreement with others..I'd eat that (ixnay on the onions).

#1866 1 year ago

I'm not positive, but I feel like something may be missing...

IMG_20221016_185222281 (resized).jpgIMG_20221016_185222281 (resized).jpg
    #1867 1 year ago
    Quoted from slag:

I'm not positive, but I feel like something may be missing...[quoted image]

The tartar sauce is probably on the bag

#1868 1 year ago

That sucks, but you could just switch the top buns and at least you'll have a little on each

#1869 1 year ago

Either they totally messed up that one FOF

-- OR --

Another customer ordered one 'plain' and the bagger put the wrong one in your order

Never understood these dimwits that order their burgers 'plain' at McD's... might as well be eating a dry piece of cardboard

#1870 1 year ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Either they totally messed up that one FOF
    -- OR --
    Another customer ordered one 'plain' and the bagger put the wrong one in your order
    Never understood these dimwits that order their burgers 'plain' at McD's... might as well be eating a dry piece of cardboard

Yeah, but plenty don't like mayo. Could moisten it up with another condiment.

#1871 1 year ago

I usually wipe half the sauce off anyway, they put too much on for my liking.

#1872 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yeah, but plenty don't like mayo. Could moisten it up with another condiment.

I was referring more to the ones that order their burgers (ie: Cheeseburger and Quarter Pounders) sans the ketchup, mustard, onions and pickles. No mayo by default on those.

Anyway, those FoF's do look good though. Despite the tartar sauce issue.

#1873 1 year ago

How do you even miss the bun with the McSauce gun they give you?

7f5d136af791e532936378c6d00ec7fb.jpg7f5d136af791e532936378c6d00ec7fb.jpg
    #1874 1 year ago

But ketchup is unholy miserable death. McD tartar sauce is the essence of life, so…

#1875 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

But ketchup is unholy miserable death. McD tartar sauce is the essence of life, so…

It's a good way to disguise the taste of food with sugar and salt so small children will eat it. But we should have grown out of ketchup by ten or so.

#1876 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's a good way to disguise the taste of food with sugar and salt so small children will eat it. But we should have grown out of ketchup by ten or so.

Ketchup is WAY more than a food or condiment:

https://www.cookist.com/13-surprising-ways-to-use-tomato-ketchup/

#1877 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ketchup is WAY more than a food or condiment

Correct. It is satan’s poop.

#1878 1 year ago

I love my fries dipped in satans poop

#1879 1 year ago

As Arnold Shawrtzenegger used to say ketchup/catsup is poison as he smoked his cigar

#1880 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I love my fries dipped in satans poop

I am a firm believer in the freedom of choice… but just know that there is professional help out there when you want to ‘get better.’

#1881 1 year ago

off topic but i use ketchup in my cocktail sauce as well

#1882 1 year ago

Acceptable ingredient for a more complex sauce.

Cocktail Sauce;
    ½ cup whipped cream
    2 tbsp tomato sauce
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1/ tsp mustard
    1 tsp brandy
    salt and pepper.

Seafood Sauce;
    ½ cup mayonaise
    1 tbsp cream
    ½ tsp worcestershire
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 ½ tbsp tomato sauce
    2 shallots

Chilli Crab Sauce****;
    ½ cup peanut oil, 2 tsp fine grated ginger, 3 cloves of garlic3 hot chillies, 1/3 cup tomato sauce, ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, red colouring.
    Fry Crabs or chicken till cooked. Perfect for popcorn chicken or pork pieces.
    On low heat cook ginger, garlic and chilli, do not brown. Add sauces, red and salt, bring to the boil. Add crabs and simmer 3 mins, add a touch of water if needed.

Sweet and Sour;
    ½ cup sugar
    ½ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup water
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1 tbsp tomato sauce
    heat and add 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with ¼ cup of water to thicken

Chilli Wing Glaze;
    2 ½ cups white sugar
    ¼ cup honey
    6 large cloves garlic
    3 tsp habernero sauce
    2 tsp chilli ooil
    2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
    1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
    1 tbsp char sui sauce
    ¾ cup Fountain red tomato sauce
    3 cups sweet chilli sauce
    red food colouring
    Boil glaze while stirring for an hour or two till it thickens enough to sheet from a spoon.

Try the Chilli wing glaze, exceptional and keeps forever in the fridge.

#1883 1 year ago

A simple cocktail sauce is horseradish and ketchup. Done

#1884 1 year ago

I'm a more complex person. You may as well be back putting tomato sauce on everything as that.

#1885 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm a more complex person. You may as well be back putting tomato sauce on everything as that.

As am I. I like to put in double the horseradish and some Serrano.

#1886 1 year ago

In any case, none of it belongs on a FoF.

#1887 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

In any case, none of it belongs on a FoF.

So, the FoF is for those without complex tastes? I’m confused on how the internet works, but I think that’s what you’re saying.

Or are you saying the FoF is an already delicate balance of flavors that cannot be changed without upsetting the flavor balance?

#1888 1 year ago

So, the FoF is for those without complex tastes? I’m confused on how the internet works, but I think that’s what you’re saying.
    Or are you saying the FoF is an already delicate balance of flavors that cannot be changed without upsetting the flavor balance?

Merely suggesting that cocktail sauce of any description is not an ingredient listed as FoF.

#1889 1 year ago

Yes

#1890 1 year ago

You need to put some Old Bay on it! You can order it at McCormicks D-O-T com/oldbay
    5d12c9ecacea8.image (resized).jpg5d12c9ecacea8.image (resized).jpg

#1891 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You need to put some Old Bay on it! You can order it at McCormicks D-O-T com/oldbay
    [quoted image]

I’ve got two words for you: shrimp cocktail sauce!

#1892 1 year ago

I’ve got two words for you: shrimp cocktail sauce!

Come on, man! That's 3!

#1893 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Come on, man! That's 3!

Thank you. I’m sorry

#1894 1 year ago

Thank you. I’m sorry

I appreciate your selflessness.

#1895 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

Good on fries too.

#1896 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Good on fries too.

It's great on everything! Fries, popcorn, meat, fish, chocolate, Bloody Mary's, Margaritas....

Hell, I hear it can be an aphrodisiac as well....

#1897 1 year ago

Herr's has old bay chips, I think are a little overbearing.

#1898 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Herr's has old bay chips, I think are a little overbearing.

UTZ crab chip is where it’s at!

#1899 1 year ago

Would probably compliment the FoF well

#1900 1 year ago

Damn your eyes you foul beasts with your condiments of ill repute!

There are 2,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.