Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by RobW
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Filet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 47.
    #1401 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

None of the franchise locations seem to do anything other than the toasted
    But you do get a full slice of cheese, and the ice cream machines always work...

Just checked, it is ice cream not ice milk. Enjoy!

#1403 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Pinside gets me again. I have never remembered in my teenage or adult life ever having FoF. After seeing this thread, I decided what the hey. Worst case scenario, I could follow it up with a cheeseburger or something. Well, here it was. Based on what I've seen here so far, I'd say it a solid 9.5/10. Everything was centered nearly perfectly. The half slice of cheese is hidden perfectly under the fillet. Only a couple creases in the top bun. I may put it in my regular rotation now. The smudge of tartar was probably my fault as I took off the lid first, the replaced the lid and took the pic of the top bun.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Pinside should really be gettin' some royalty for every FoF sold
    Maybe soon we'll see 'use the coupon code: PINSIDE and get $1 off your FoF meal'

#1404 2 years ago

I think we'd be taken more seriously if we took the FoF fan club by the horns. If you want to see something truly pathetic, google, "filet o fish fan club". The only thing that pops up is a Facebook group with almost no traffic or activity.

Weak...

#1405 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I probably heard it backwards then.

Maybe it's the corporate owned MDs that give you the full cheese?

A manager told me that one or the other gave you the full slice

Neither IMO having done time at both. If you get a FOF with a full slice of cheese, it's either a lazy worker or a franchisee who isn't training employees. McD's doesn't give their franchisees the option to assembly a FOF as they choose. Just like a hamburger gets one pickle and the 1/4 pounder gets two. Their inventory system is very exact. Cheese- # of cheeseburgers + # of 1/4 with cheese x2, FOF x .5 etc = cheese slices. And yes we counted every single one.

#1406 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Neither IMO having done time at both. If you get a FOF with a full slice of cheese, it's either a lazy worker or a franchisee who isn't training employees. McD's doesn't give their franchisees the option to assembly a FOF as they choose. Just like a hamburger gets one pickle and the 1/4 pounder gets two. Their inventory system is very exact. Cheese- # of cheeseburgers + # of 1/4 with cheese x2, FOF x .5 etc = cheese slices. And yes we counted every single one.

I've heard the same. McDonald's says 1/2 slice.

#1407 2 years ago

Hey, Pinbub I think you look like a perfect 10

#1408 2 years ago
    Quoted from Staffan:

Hey, Pinbub I think you look like a perfect 10

Must be my Scandinavian heritage,...
    .and steamed buns!

#1409 2 years ago

Watch the movie "The Founder", it's on Amazon Prime.

#1410 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Great movie! I really enjoyed it. Michael Keaton was awesome.

I'm reading this now. Really interesting and much more detailed than the movie.

d169f1b7a2c722babb0a440118f74c2e.jpgd169f1b7a2c722babb0a440118f74c2e.jpg

#1411 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I think I saw that one. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was good.

#1412 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Michael Keaton was awesome.

Very true. But Ray Kroc was a dick. In the late 70's when I worked at McD's we had a Ray Kroc birthday cake delivered to the store. Underwhelming.

#1413 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Very true. But Ray Kroc was a dick. In the late 70's when I worked at McD's we had a Ray Kroc birthday cake delivered to the store. Underwhelming.

Yes he was. Very cut throat and would back stab you in a heartbeat. I felt sorry for the brothers who started the whole thing and got shafted in the end by Kroc.

It's still an amazing story though. His obsession with uniformity is what blew me away.

Speaking of uniformity.....why aren't all all McDonald FoF buns steamed? Kroc would be losing his mind right now if he were alive .

#1414 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Speaking of uniformity.....why aren't all all McDonald FoF buns steamed? Kroc would be losing his mind right now if he were alive .

Preach it brother.

#1415 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Very cut throat and would back stab you in a heartbeat. I felt sorry for the brothers who started the whole thing and got shafted in the end by Kroc.

You nailed it. Kroc didn't want a college graduate as a manager, they would be too proud to clean the toilets. His original store manual stated that men could only be hired. The only exception was a daughter of the store owner.

In 1979 I was a 2nd assistant manager at age 19 making $3.15 an hour working for a horrible franchisee. His picture was over the time clock "Your President". He was so bad corporate took away all his 25 stores after multiple inspection failures. Corporate took his stores over. The day they took over, I got a .85 raise because I was below the minimum pay for my job title. We burned that picture in the parking lot.

A year later I was hired away by Wendy's at almost double pay as an assistant manager. That was 1980. I was still in college. Met Dave Thomas and had a couple dinners with him in Philly. I worked in the highest volume store in the Philly area in the Main Line in Haverford, PA. When the store manager molested a worker (true) I was moved up to store manager at 21. But I was already enrolled at PSU in University Park and had to quit to finish college. I trained Dave's half brother before leaving.

#1416 2 years ago

I love FOF, is it worth $6 in my area?

F#ck no....

Will I eat 4 of them at 2 for $6?

Absolutely, skip the fries to make room in my belly...!

Will I complain like a stuck pig if it isnt made right? You betcha!

#1417 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Neither IMO having done time at both. If you get a FOF with a full slice of cheese, it's either a lazy worker or a franchisee who isn't training employees. McD's doesn't give their franchisees the option to assembly a FOF as they choose.

I once asked the manager at MD why some places only gave you 1/2 a slice of cheese and some a full slice.

He said that the difference was the corporate vs franchise stores "...that's how you can tell the difference."

This was about 10 years ago, so I always go to the 2 stores that I know give me the full cheese experience.

Outside the States, it seems no stores give you the full cheese that I've seen.

Although you can sometimes get the horror of a sesame seed bun...

pngegg (resized).pngpngegg (resized).png
    #1418 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I once asked the manager at MD why some places only gave you 1/2 a slice of cheese and some a full slice.
    He said that the difference was the corporate vs franchise stores "...that's how you can tell the difference."
    This was about 10 years ago, so I always go to the 2 stores that I know give me the full cheese experience.
    Outside the States, it seems no stores give you the full cheese that I've seen.
    Although you can sometimes get the horror of a sesame seed bun...[quoted image]

Actually looks like a great sandwich!
    Just not a FOF.....

#1419 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just not a FOF.....

It's the, "McMaggot FoF" .

#1420 2 years ago

I think it would be awesome at pin events to set a lunch or dinner time for anyone who wants to FoF mob the local McDonald's. Imagine 20-30 pinheads rolling in at the same time for a couple FoFs a piece! We could warn them, there will be critiques,....And consequences!

#1421 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just not a FOF.....

Even worse than sometimes getting a sesame seed bun, is when they put chopped lettuce on the fof

... And you can't even scrape the lettuce off because it is merged with the tartar sauce

#1422 2 years ago

Had to do it before the Buyer got here today! My local McD.9F8232E8-A1C2-41CF-B39B-15224AED27B9 (resized).jpeg9F8232E8-A1C2-41CF-B39B-15224AED27B9 (resized).jpeg

30A073EB-5526-40C0-860A-500D9F076928 (resized).jpeg30A073EB-5526-40C0-860A-500D9F076928 (resized).jpeg6FA1DDB7-5DA4-4B90-8EFA-BACA463ADEB4 (resized).jpeg6FA1DDB7-5DA4-4B90-8EFA-BACA463ADEB4 (resized).jpegAEBE9CA8-9A3F-4789-9963-081AB0308C8A (resized).jpegAEBE9CA8-9A3F-4789-9963-081AB0308C8A (resized).jpeg
    #1423 2 years ago

Not even close to FoF, but it was gigantic and crispy

Had to put my own cheese on it

2 for $6

IMG_20220226_145153.jpgIMG_20220226_145153.jpg
    #1424 2 years ago
    IMG_20220226_145139.jpgIMG_20220226_145139.jpg
    #1425 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Watched the movie and it was enlightening, Roy wasn’t “The Founder”, more like “The Predator”.

#1426 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

[quoted image]

It looks like the bun is actually consuming the fish patty. Pac-Man style.

#1427 2 years ago

Tried a different location today for lunch - and here is the result.

I think I need to move.

FOF Feb 27 (resized).jpgFOF Feb 27 (resized).jpgFob Feb 27 2 (resized).jpgFob Feb 27 2 (resized).jpg
    #1428 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I think I need to move.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry but that's hilarious. Absolutely zero f*cks given when they literally threw that together.

#1429 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Sorry but that's hilarious. Absolutely zero f*cks given when they literally threw that together.

I know man.
    It's like either I'm cursed, or New Hampshire just isn't a good area if you're after a perfect FoF.

Nevertheless, despite its haphazard construction - it was damn delicious.

#1430 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I think I need to move.[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like the cheese was an afterthought.

At least it was in the box instead of just thrown in the bag....

#1431 2 years ago

Out of town picking up a new machine and locally found this gem

10B37F0A-561C-4370-A5A5-9FAF0D801065 (resized).jpeg10B37F0A-561C-4370-A5A5-9FAF0D801065 (resized).jpeg19D3DCF6-B9D5-4EDE-8985-92A0B3D1E358 (resized).jpeg19D3DCF6-B9D5-4EDE-8985-92A0B3D1E358 (resized).jpeg4DF13580-C434-4A4C-8B4B-2AFF52BCF236 (resized).jpeg4DF13580-C434-4A4C-8B4B-2AFF52BCF236 (resized).jpeg95A8A304-33D4-4D2C-80FE-C7AE7E71B52D (resized).jpeg95A8A304-33D4-4D2C-80FE-C7AE7E71B52D (resized).jpeg
    #1432 2 years ago

That is most definitely a gem!
    Wow. Kudos to the team member who assembled that with great care and attention to detail.

@McDonald's Management -- if you're reading these posts, then THAT is how a proper FoF should look!

#1433 2 years ago

Spill it! What city might we find one of those gems in? I'm leaving town Tuesday, on the train, through the snow. I hope to capture a few scenic FoF pix.

#1434 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

Had to do it before the Buyer got here today! My local McD.[quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not to eat,........ To seal the deal, no doubt. Shmart !

#1435 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Spill it! What city might we find one of those gems in? I'm leaving town Tuesday, on the train, through the snow. I hope to capture a few scenic FoF pix.

It was off 101 A little North of Santa Rosa

#1436 2 years ago

Damn near perfection.If McDs keeps giving me 2 for 1 coupons I may grow gills.Oh well I'm loving it.

IMG_0646 (resized).JPGIMG_0646 (resized).JPGIMG_0647 (resized).JPGIMG_0647 (resized).JPG
    #1437 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Damn near perfection.If McDs keeps giving me 2 for 1 coupons I may grow gills.Oh well I'm loving it.

#1438 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

It was off 101 A little North of Santa Rosa

Windsor ,Ca.

#1439 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Thats some good eatin my friend.

#1440 2 years ago

My apology letter (and free coupons) from Mcdonalds corporate arrived today. The letter states that they've been in contact with the various locations regarding the slipping quality standards and improvements will be made to their procedures.
    We'll see...we'll see.

bah (resized).jpgbah (resized).jpgfofone (resized).jpgfofone (resized).jpg
    #1441 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

My apology letter (and free coupons) from Mcdonalds corporate arrived today. The letter states that they've been in contact with the various locations regarding the slipping quality standards and improvements will be made to their procedures.
    We'll see...we'll see.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds good I better send in my local scorecard.The goods and the bads.lol not really unless they give me a scrotum Filet.

#1442 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Sounds good I better send in my local scorecard.The goods and the bads.lol not really unless they give me a scrotum Filet.

Lol, no one deserves a scrotum style FoF.

It still cracks me up that they actually have specific FoF coupons printed and ready to send to annoyed customers. I was expecting more generic ones like "a sandwich of your choice" or whatever. It's almost like they know that when a complaint rolls in, its bound to be a FoF related one, so hey why not have specific coupons ready to fire out to help quell the pain of a sub standard FoF experience.

They even put an elaborate full color design and slogan on the back. No expense has been spared, lol

foftwo (resized).jpgfoftwo (resized).jpg
    #1443 2 years ago

Too bad about that hologram, I would be printing those off on cardstock by the hundreds....

#1444 2 years ago

Reasonable effort.

Buy one get one free offer on app is now buy one get one for $0.29. Inflation, I guess.

20220302_113222 (resized).jpg20220302_113222 (resized).jpg20220302_113240 (resized).jpg20220302_113240 (resized).jpg
    #1445 2 years ago
    Quoted from sliprose:

Reasonable effort.
    Buy one get one free offer on app is now buy one get one for $0.29. Inflation, I guess.

Wouldn't it make more cents ( ) to add the inflationary costs to the first FoF, and still having the 2nd one "free?"

The company saves face and still gets to raise the price without anybody really noticing.

Seems like a marketing fail to me.

#1446 2 years ago
    Quoted from sliprose:

Reasonable effort.

Bravo - that's a top notch FoF in my book.

The top bun is beginning to take on that scrotey wrinkled appearance. A few more minutes in the steamer and things would not have turned out so well.

#1447 2 years ago

First time poster here good sandwich but roll not steamed

20220302_175024 (resized).jpg20220302_175024 (resized).jpg20220302_175029 (resized).jpg20220302_175029 (resized).jpg
    #1448 2 years ago

IMHO,
    -1 Unsteamed bun
    -1 Cheese touching the box
    -1 Tartar touching the box
    I should deduct a point for sloppy placement of the fish patty, but I'll be easy on a first time poster.
    Assuming it was hot and tasty, a solid 7.

#1449 2 years ago

Extra tartar add pickle.

CBBB764C-5114-4C9A-B092-B2EC1FF7714A (resized).jpegCBBB764C-5114-4C9A-B092-B2EC1FF7714A (resized).jpeg
    #1450 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Extra tartar add pickle.
    [quoted image]

Nice RUSH LE !

I love the gear button.

There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish/page/29?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.