Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by RobW
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Filet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240406_121248.jpg
    chrome_osSlFQ48ZL (resized).png
    IMG_20240320_193805.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2352 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4788 (resized).jpeg
    bullshark1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4734 (resized).jpeg
    20240308_110716 (resized).jpg
    20240307_111539 (resized).jpg
    McDonald’s_menu_with_prices_(effective_February_2024)_-_2024-02-16_06.46.59 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3615 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 47.
    #1351 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Tell me you linked to the thread.

LOL, I certainly did!
    I wasn't able to upload any photos to their complaint form, so I did the next best thing and made them aware of the great FoF thread lol!

#1352 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I have no words...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

FOF Hall of Shame.

#1353 2 years ago

First one for the dubious honour and the bottom benchmark.

#1354 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I have no words...

I feel broken and sad inside.

#1355 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I feel broken and sad inside.

Just a sandwich, hopefully the sun will rise tomorrow.

#1356 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Just a sandwich, hopefully the sun will rise tomorrow.

Will be red though.

#1357 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Will be red though.

I'm wired a little differently having worked for McD's for 7 years. I would of taken that abortion back to the store and gotten my money back very calmly after asking to see the manager. Never ask for another, God knows what the miscreant who made it would add to the replacement.

#1358 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Will be red though.

And red red rain.

#1359 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I have no words...

the scrotum style bun.

#1360 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

And red red rain.

Maybe frogs?

DSCF0668[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0668[1] (resized).jpg

Quoted from Jamesays:

the scrotum style bun.

Heavily steamed scrote.

#1361 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

I have no words...

I would be getting a refund and an apology from the manager, and maybe a free dinner.

I mean WTF !?!?!?!?!

#1362 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would be getting a refund and an apology from the manager, and maybe a free dinner.
    I mean WTF !?!?!?!?!

Never bitch and get more food from the kitchen. Restaurant 101, the employees will serve you their DNA in one way or another. "Think before you Bitch".

#1363 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Never bitch and get more food from the kitchen. Restaurant 101, the employees will serve you their DNA in one way or another. "Think before you Bitch".

No, bitch and get a coupon.

EatTheTragedyPunkin

#1364 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

No, bitch and get a coupon.

Truth… no one wants to bitch and get a poop-on.

#1365 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

the scrotum style bun.

Whoever the 'chef' was that assembled this monstrosity deserves to have his scrote steamed!

#1366 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Whoever the 'chef' was that assembled this monstrosity deserves to have his scrote steamed!

"Chef"...LOL

#1367 2 years ago

We'll see.....

Subject: Message from McDonald's USA

Hello SuperGrafx:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's to bring your concerns to our attention.

We take your comments very seriously and because we are a franchised organization, we have immediately forwarded them to the franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. We are certain that the experience you described will be fully investigated and the appropriate action taken.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Jan
    McDonald's Customer Contact Center

ref#:19941301

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not "reply" to this email response. No "replies" can be received through this mailbox. If you wish to contact McDonald's Customer Contact Center again, please visit our website at www.mcdonalds.com.

#1368 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

We'll see.....
    Subject: Message from McDonald's USA
    Hello SuperGrafx:
    Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's to bring your concerns to our attention.
    We take your comments very seriously and because we are a franchised organization, we have immediately forwarded them to the franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. We are certain that the experience you described will be fully investigated and the appropriate action taken.
    Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
    Jan
    McDonald's Customer Contact Center
    ref#:19941301
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not "reply" to this email response. No "replies" can be received through this mailbox. If you wish to contact McDonald's Customer Contact Center again, please visit our website at www.mcdonalds.com.

I hope they visited this thread.

#1369 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I hope they visited this thread.

That would be epic!
    However, judging by this boiler plate response, something tells me not to get my hopes up.

#1370 2 years ago

Nobody read it.

#1371 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

That would be epic!
    However, judging by this boiler plate response, something tells me not to get my hopes up.

looks like it just sat waiting too long.

#1372 2 years ago

For his great grandfather.

#1373 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

looks like it just sat waiting too long.

Yes. The situation can simply be chalked up as a lack of caring by the employees.

They should have tossed this in the bin and made a new one. Somebody actually had to physically look at, assemble and package that sorry excuse for a FoF, so there were multiple opportunities to make things right.

In the end, my reasoning for filing a complaint is to do my small part to help ensure that future FOF's adhere to a stricter form of quality control. If not for me, then for my fellow FoF connoisseurs.

#1374 2 years ago

Saga update:

Mcd's reached out to me via phone to apologize and acknowledge my feedback. She said they take the complaint seriously and will work with all franchises in the area to retrain staff about proper food standards, etc. That's all well and good, but I don't really hold out much hope in that dept.

As a sign of goodwill, they will send me send some promo coupons.

And yes, I did take the opportunity to bring up the Pinside FoF thread again, lol.

#1375 2 years ago

This is a thread I can get into. Food is good.

Quoted from sliprose:

Not FoF, but Popeyes brought back their fish sandwich. Brioche bun, pickles, and I believe mayo instead of tartar. A little spicy. Bigger sandwich than FoF for $4.50. Nice change of pace. I ate the sandwich before pic, but here's the wrapper lol
    [quoted image]

oooo, now we are talking.

#1376 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Saga update:
    Mcd's reached out to me via phone to apologize and acknowledge my feedback. She said they take the complaint seriously and will work with all franchises in the area to retrain staff about proper food standards, etc. That's all well and good, but I don't really hold out much hope in that dept.
    And yes, I did take the opportunity to bring up the Pinside FoF thread again, lol.

Good work,so how will we be splitting up the coupons ?

#1377 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperGrafx:

Saga update:

I want to see them "Chime in" as pinside members

Go: @McdonaldsCorp lol

Adding a Mcdonalds pinball machine to each of the 14000 locations would be EPIC !!!!!
    Spooky should pursue this lol

#1378 2 years ago

I want to see them "Chime in" as pinside members
    Go: @McdonaldsCorp lol
    Adding a Mcdonalds pinball machine to each of the 14000 locations would be EPIC !!!!!
    Spooky should pursue this lol

So many cool toy ideas. A Hamburglar lock toy that steals the ball…

#1379 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

So many cool toy ideas. A Hamburglar lock toy that steals the ball…

Filet-O-fish FRENZY multiball !

Time to get the home-brew guys on this...

#1380 2 years ago

Here I go again ,Need my FOF fix

#1381 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Here I go again ,Need my FOF fix

Here's hoping your FoF is an immaculately constructed masterpiece!

#1382 2 years ago

McRib Midnight Madness Multiball

#1383 2 years ago

Gotta go to the franchise locations, if you want the full cheese slice.

Today's catch:

IMG_20220224_184029.jpgIMG_20220224_184029.jpg

#1384 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Gotta go to the franchise locations, if you want the full cheese slice.[quoted image]

Vid!!!! The steam you need the steam!!!!!!

#1385 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Gotta go to the franchise locations, if you want the full cheese slice.
    Today's catch:
    [quoted image]

Getting a toasted bun is a huge let down.

#1386 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Getting a toasted bun is a huge let down.

None of the franchise locations seem to do anything other than the toasted

But you do get a full slice of cheese, and the ice cream machines always work...

#1387 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

But you do get a full slice of cheese, and the ice cream machines always work...

93% of McDonald's are franchised locations. The ones in your location probably have dead bun steamers. They clog up with water deposits.

#1388 2 years ago

A quite satisfactory sandwich received on todays visit. Steamy!

C527E603-37E4-44C9-85DA-A00E8EFEB1C6 (resized).jpegC527E603-37E4-44C9-85DA-A00E8EFEB1C6 (resized).jpegDDA79453-056D-4CDA-A5EB-AB063DA54570 (resized).jpegDDA79453-056D-4CDA-A5EB-AB063DA54570 (resized).jpeg
    #1389 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

A quite satisfactory sandwich received on todays visit. Steamy!

I am filled with happiness to see this, yet also a bit sad at the same time.

#1390 2 years ago

Rated.

#1391 2 years ago

Screenshot_20220122-233741 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220122-233741 (resized).png

#1392 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

93% of McDonald's are franchised locations.

I probably heard it backwards then.

Maybe it's the corporate owned MDs that give you the full cheese?

A manager told me that one or the other gave you the full slice

#1393 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

[quoted image]

I bet that's what the guy with the snatchburger a few posts back used to get his!

Looks like it was made in 68.

#1394 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I probably heard it backwards then.
    Maybe it's the corporate owned MDs that give you the full cheese?
    A manager told me that one or the other gave you the full slice

Theoretically a Fillet-O-Fish has 1/2 a slice of cheese and a steamed bun per the recipe.

Lots of leeway since a lot of the units dont have a steamer for the buns, or it broke and they never fixed it.

#1395 2 years ago

The Filet O’ Fish is, by a significant margin, my favorite menu item at McDonald’s.

It is absolutely sad how the health nuts got them to absolutely destroy the flavour and tastiness of the Chicken McNuggets.

I remember when the McNuggets were juicy, and the pull away breading was melt in your mouth good. Now it’s like chewing on dehydrated rubber.

The Filet ‘O Fish however, is still delicious. When it’s part of the McPick or 2/$6 it’s like Christmas.

Well, a really lane Christmas, admittedly, but Christmas was the only analogy I could think of. I’m tired.

#1396 2 years ago

Theoretically a Fillet-O-Fish has 1/2 a slice of cheese and a steamed bun per the recipe.

Theoretically, ideally, and unequivocally - after that first bite, it should take some effort to unstick that pefectly steamed bun from the roof of your mouth.

#1397 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My local place is usually steamed but the same place different day has sold me toasted.

#1398 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

My local place is usually steamed but the same place different day has sold me toasted.

Ive had the same thing happen. I have a theory that when its really busy they have a few FoF ready to go, but on toasted buns because they would keep longer without ending up looking like poor old @supergrafx’s ballacks buns after sitting around for a while.
    Whenever Ive gotten a dry assed toasted FoF its been right around noon and pretty slammed.

#1399 2 years ago

Pinside gets me again. I have never remembered in my teenage or adult life ever having FoF. After seeing this thread, I decided what the hey. Worst case scenario, I could follow it up with a cheeseburger or something. Well, here it was. Based on what I've seen here so far, I'd say it a solid 9.5/10. Everything was centered nearly perfectly. The half slice of cheese is hidden perfectly under the fillet. Only a couple creases in the top bun. I may put it in my regular rotation now. The smudge of tartar was probably my fault as I took off the lid first, the replaced the lid and took the pic of the top bun.

20220225_113317 (resized).jpg20220225_113317 (resized).jpg20220225_113323 (resized).jpg20220225_113323 (resized).jpg

#1400 2 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Pinside gets me again. I have never remembered in my teenage or adult life ever having FoF. After seeing this thread, I decided what the hey. Worst case scenario, I could follow it up with a cheeseburger or something. Well, here it was. Based on what I've seen here so far, I'd say it a solid 9.5/10. Everything was centered nearly perfectly. The half slice of cheese is hidden perfectly under the fillet. Only a couple creases in the top bun. I may put it in my regular rotation now. The smudge of tartar was probably my fault as I took off the lid first, the replaced the lid and took the pic of the top bun.

Some people have all the luck.

Still, that is a solid FoF. I rate it a 9.3 -- very well assembled and appears to be crispy, and delectably saucy.

There are 2,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-the-filet-o-fish/page/28?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.