(Topic ID: 142223)

"Ode" to Stern... well I want it to be... Gary - READ THIS!

By daveispinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10329217_10153670317914244_670889591972202184_n.jpg
    427316.jpg
    ode.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

JJP may be small now, but look at many of the posts in the last 12 months on pinside... if people act like me

Yep, JJP who rates a POOR in every segment of their D&B report, and who has delivered exactly ONE pinball title ever in their 5 years of making pins, is certainly going to put STERN out of business!

Gary, close the new facility down - RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

427316.jpg427316.jpg

#38 8 years ago

ThinkLab put in money in August 2015. No doubt they are hurting.

Other investors have sunk their money into JJP in past years, also with the same big fanfare and almost the exact same "press release".

I find it funny that so many people hate my original post.

I liked it.

I note a change in the market

I do also.

Stern setting up more production lines, hiring more people, and building games for other companies.

All signs of a stronger, growing market.

a plea for Stern to change and be the driver

Stern has indeed been changing.

Hiring more talent, building a larger production facility, hiring more workers.

Stern is not only driving the market, but it solely kept it on life support through the economic disaster of the Bush years; where the entire global economy almost imploded.

Not bad for the last man standing in an industry many decades past it's prime.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

My prediction: Stern will see sales declining from the early adopters as they opt for superior offerings from new entrants.

My Predictions (write this down for reference):

1. Stern continues for a few more years like a freight train, then sales stagnate and finally decline as the wealthier collectors hit the limits of floor space.

2. JJP finally folds after 3 games and is dissolved by it's creditors.

3. A few other boutique pin manufacturers each put out a few games and then pack it up. It's fun to do a few games for the love of pinball, but if you aren't making a million dollars, investing years of your life into each one becomes fatiguing.

4. All of the major "grail pins" are reproduced by PPS, effectively killing the speculative pin market.

5. Stern puts out a "classic line" of lower priced reproductions from the 70-80s with moderate success.

6. The "re-printing" of playfields becomes common and even obscure titles are reprinted on demand.

7. New CPU and Sound boards become common allowing new rules and audio for all the classic pins.

======================================================

I'm not saying I want any of the above to happen, I'm just stating my predictions.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My prediction would be after Pat's game ( JJP #3 ) and game #4, JJP will be rolling and never look back.

I truly hope you are right!

But I don't believe you are.......

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Hope you're not trying to place blame on this one man who was nothing more than a mere puppet told what to say and when to say it.

No, I don't believe Bush even knows how to tie his own shoes.

He just happened to be the figurehead the years when the all those disasters took place, 9/11, Iraq war, lack of Katrina response, Abu Ghraib, 2008 economic crash/recession ..... thus The Bush Years.

#65 8 years ago

Of course there will always be a few younger people who will find pinball interesting.

But the days of deploying 4 Gorgar machines side by side and having kids lined up 6 deep behind them for weeks, are never to be seen again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-stern-well-i-want-it-to-be-gary-read-this?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.