20200801_201236.jpg
20200801_183828 (resized).jpg
20200801_183808 (resized).jpg
70 Sept C (resized).JPG
tenor.gif
9982696405_bfdcfacd3b_b (resized).jpg
tumblr_lp9z9lG8Vx1qjliy4o1_500 (resized).jpg
2mrtoad_facade1956cl (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 3 years ago

Mr Toads Wild Ride was a special place in 1977, in Orlando.
Disney would hold "Grad Nights"...Basically after hours, the park was open to several High Schools Graduating Classes.
Most classes then were 750-1200 Students, So Maybe 5K to 8K total in the whole park or less? So Empty!
KC and the Sunshine Band was the headliner, as my wife reminds me in 1977.
Well, Since I had worked there, as was my brother did, we knew that it was a little risky as to where to fire up twisty treat.
Mr Toads Wild Ride was just the place, as no one was watching you, we believed, at that time.
So did everyone else....The Whole Indoor space was Smoked out, and it was something to see, as we went in nervous and came out laughing, as 17 year olds would do. The Doors swung open with a bang, and a cloud followed, billowing out.
Then, it was off to Space Mountain.

Try to visualize that scene........

Ill never forget helping helping Glue the plastic plants around the basin of 20,000 Leagues, when under renovation.
A Special ride to kids, I always felt.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry, I am not affiliated. I take each instance on a case by case basis.
But who else would be pulling this shit?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/us/trader-joes-racist-names-petition-trnd/index.html

Its a BIG News Story for 2 Weeks, In that time 5000 people clicked a box, or signed their name. BFD!
Its been inflated on purpose for all people to say, "Look how Stupid Liberals Are!"
Maybe all the signatures are self considered liberals or not, you have just joined in the goal of a controlled Agenda.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-mr-toad?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.