20200801_201236.jpg
20200801_183828 (resized).jpg
20200801_183808 (resized).jpg
70 Sept C (resized).JPG
tenor.gif
9982696405_bfdcfacd3b_b (resized).jpg
tumblr_lp9z9lG8Vx1qjliy4o1_500 (resized).jpg
2mrtoad_facade1956cl (resized).jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

It's been since mid March that any passholders or members of the general public have been able to ride this marvelous, classic Disneyland attraction. And it looks to be at least next March before they even start to think about trying it again.

So this is a tribute to Mr. Toad, so that the dream lives on. And one day we can again have the honor of spending $150 and waiting in an hour long line, just to ride you again.

2mrtoad_facade1956cl (resized).jpg2mrtoad_facade1956cl (resized).jpgtumblr_lp9z9lG8Vx1qjliy4o1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_lp9z9lG8Vx1qjliy4o1_500 (resized).jpg9982696405_bfdcfacd3b_b (resized).jpg9982696405_bfdcfacd3b_b (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

At the Magic Kingdom at WDW, Mr. Toad was turned into a Winnie the Pooh ride. A little less scary for the little kids. Still fun.

#3 3 years ago

Still one of the rides my kids talk about the most. "Guilty!!"

#4 3 years ago

Mr toad is awesome

#5 3 years ago

Mr Toad was my favorite ride at Disney World as a kid. So disappointed they took it out.

#6 3 years ago

Mr Toad sadly is laid to rest in the Haunted mansion cemetery in WDW

#7 3 years ago

Love Mr. Toad

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

At the Magic Kingdom at WDW, Mr. Toad was turned into a Winnie the Pooh ride.

One less reason to go to Florida, I guess.

tenor.giftenor.gif
#9 3 years ago

Accounting for inflation and other factors beyond Disney's control, Toad's must now be an "E" ticket ride.

70 Sept C (resized).JPG70 Sept C (resized).JPG
#10 3 years ago

After reading this, spent way too much time trying to find an old usenet post from the 90s called 'ode to toad' from a.d.d.

#11 3 years ago

My favorite ride at Disneyland! My mom took me as a kid and I always make time to ride it every time I go, a true classic.

#12 3 years ago

That was my favorite ride in Orlando followed by 20,000 Leagues.
Today, we’re stuck with the Pooh ride and Ariel’s Grotto. Quite sad.

#13 3 years ago

I would rather drive a rusty nail through my scrotum than spend 1 minute in a Disney park.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I would rather drive a rusty nail through my scrotum than spend 1 minute in a Disney park.

Hey, if I didn’t have children, I would never go.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I call bullshit on that one.

#16 3 years ago

As a kid, I was on the Small World ride at WDW.

The damn thing broke down mid ride and we couldn’t leave as it’s a boat ride. The f@cking music kept playing though. I sat there for just a bit under 2 hours. That music is BURNED in my head.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The damn thing broke down mid ride and we couldn’t leave as it’s a boat ride. The f@cking music kept playing though. I sat there for just a bit under 2 hours. That music is BURNED in my head.

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all" blah blah blah.
Thanks, now its my head to!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You obviously never had one of the free tortillas they gave out at California Adventure. That's right, I said free!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Oh man, I would've been tempted to swim for freedom.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

As a kid, I enjoyed the Midget Autopia at DL.

The next time I went, it had been mowed over for some future attraction that ended up being It's a Small World.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Disney, destroying kid's dreams and memories, one at a time.

#21 3 years ago

Where else can you get killed by an oncoming train, go to Hell, and come out of it all without a scratch? That's real Disney magic.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from VanishingVision:

Where else can you get killed by an oncoming train, go to Hell, and come out of at all without a scratch? That's real Disney magic.

It’s my favorite cartoon. I love J Thaddeus Toad.

#23 3 years ago

You’re worried about a toad...pffft

The true loss is no more captain EO

It Felt as if MJ was right inside of you

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It Felt as if MJ was right inside of you

Eeeewwwww

#25 3 years ago

Honey I Shrunk the Audience is history thanks to the Captain EO revival. It was kinda fun explaining the mullet to my daughter though.

#26 3 years ago

And goddamit, they took out Adventure Thru Inner Space and put Star Tours there. Which wasn't the worst until they redid it, and now it doesn't shake as much.

I used to tell my daughter if you find something you like at this place, enjoy it while you can, because some day they may mow it over in the name of progress.

Her list of things she liked there that are now history is perhaps now longer than mine. Don't even get me started on Tom Sawyer's Island.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

... ride in Orlando followed by 20,000 Leagues.

I wonder what 20k would be like today, but I'm fine with it being gone. As a kid I went to WDW like 8 times and never once was that wide working!

#28 3 years ago

Never made it inside the Orlando parks besides staying at the campground. It was in the 90s and I said something like "at these prices, I'll just go home and buy a year pass to the Land. Plus they aint got a Matterhorn".

#29 3 years ago

Any ride that sends children to Hell = my favorite ride of all time!

20200801_183808 (resized).jpg20200801_183808 (resized).jpg20200801_183828 (resized).jpg20200801_183828 (resized).jpg
#30 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

...Plus they aint got a Matterhorn".

Technically true but epcot had a Madderhorn

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

Any ride that sends children to Hell...

Nice

20200801_201236.jpg20200801_201236.jpg
#32 3 years ago

Mr Toads Wild Ride was a special place in 1977, in Orlando.
Disney would hold "Grad Nights"...Basically after hours, the park was open to several High Schools Graduating Classes.
Most classes then were 750-1200 Students, So Maybe 5K to 8K total in the whole park or less? So Empty!
KC and the Sunshine Band was the headliner, as my wife reminds me in 1977.
Well, Since I had worked there, as was my brother did, we knew that it was a little risky as to where to fire up twisty treat.
Mr Toads Wild Ride was just the place, as no one was watching you, we believed, at that time.
So did everyone else....The Whole Indoor space was Smoked out, and it was something to see, as we went in nervous and came out laughing, as 17 year olds would do. The Doors swung open with a bang, and a cloud followed, billowing out.
Then, it was off to Space Mountain.

Try to visualize that scene........

Ill never forget helping helping Glue the plastic plants around the basin of 20,000 Leagues, when under renovation.
A Special ride to kids, I always felt.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Right on man. I was at Disneyworld in the eighties. I have footage from 20,000 leagues converted to dvd that my aunt took with one of those big camcorders that went on your shoulder. My Grandmother HATED Mr Toads wild ride because of the part when it looks like a train is coming at you. Lmao rip Grammy.

#34 3 years ago

I explained to my whole family the best ride would be Peter Pan...they laughed and were proved wrong.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I explained to my whole family the best ride would be Peter Pan...

Peter Pan was my favorite ride before I rode Mr. Toad's. Always loved flying over the ship. They are both still there with usually moderate wait times when they are open. Pinocchio and Snow White are both wicked in their own ways if the other lines are too long. They have redid that area a few times, but kept the heart and soul of it.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Mr Toad sadly is laid to rest in the Haunted mansion cemetery in WDW

Knew I had this photo I took in 2017....

DSCN5537 (resized).JPGDSCN5537 (resized).JPG
#37 3 years ago

All those acres and they seriously buried him?

Disneyland may be limited to the amount of property they can buy up when somebody that's been holding onto it for decades dies, and when they wanted to do a new bear ride, they took out one that you've seen it once is almost enough, but WTF bury Mr Toad?

I don't know about the Haunted Mansion, but I know our Pirates of the Caribbean is far superior. The pinball games must have been themed after the one at Disney World.

#38 3 years ago

Mr Toad’s ride in Disneyland looks like they made the backdrops with black light magic markers . Definitely is dated but I can appreciate the nostalgia. You can still get a taste for 20,000 league’s under the sea with the dorky Nemo submarine ride. Most fun I had was running around trying to help my kids find blind boxes.

#39 3 years ago

I love the haunted mansion! Doom buggies rule!

4291F59D-C391-46AF-A771-8907A6621A2A (resized).jpeg4291F59D-C391-46AF-A771-8907A6621A2A (resized).jpeg
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I grew up in Buena Park and went to school in Anaheim.
One of my friends works as an imagineer and I can get in for free and I still won't go.
It was great back in the day, now not so much.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All those acres and they seriously buried him?
Disneyland may be limited to the amount of property they can buy up when somebody that's been holding onto it for decades dies, and when they wanted to do a new bear ride, they took out one that you've seen it once is almost enough, but WTF bury Mr Toad?
I don't know about the Haunted Mansion, but I know our Pirate's of the Caribbean is far superior too. The games must have been themed after the one at Disney World.

I have a video of Paul building Jack Sparrow on a test station, he maintains PotC and there are two of every character on the ride.
If one malfunctions he installs the replacement and takes the broken unit back to the shop.
It is repaired then placed in it's storage cabinet to be used when the character breaks.
They are air driven, computer controlled.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Mr Toad’s ride in Disneyland looks like they made the backdrops with black light magic markers . Definitely is dated but I can appreciate the nostalgia.

What else today can you end up in hell without a bunch of liberals raising a fuss. It's bad enough they are going after Trader Joes now. One of their favorite places to shop. Or so I thought.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What else today can you end up in hell without a bunch of...

What?

#44 3 years ago

Sorry, I am not affiliated. I take each instance on a case by case basis.

But who else would be pulling this shit?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/us/trader-joes-racist-names-petition-trnd/index.html

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/us/trader-joes-racist-names-petition-trnd/index.html

Its a BIG News Story for 2 Weeks, In that time 5000 people clicked a box, or signed their name. BFD!
Its been inflated on purpose for all people to say, "Look how Stupid Liberals Are!"
Maybe all the signatures are self considered liberals or not, you have just joined in the goal of a controlled Agenda.

#46 3 years ago

And we all know that both Splash Mountains, one in each particular sided state, are getting neutered as we speak.

#47 3 years ago

OK, let's forget all that. The intention may have got a bit out of hand.

Bring back the Mike Fink Keel Boats! And the Motorboat Cruise.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpgmotorboats_monorail (resized).jpgmotorboats_monorail (resized).jpg
#48 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dude pull the plug on MSM, you can thank me later.
Puts PRAVDA to shame when it comes to propaganda.
When I cut the satellite service years ago I didn't get the guy in India, on no it was the good ol' boy from Texas trying to kiss my ass to stay onboard.
I told him the programming and commercials were no longer suitable for children or adults and I no longer wanted it in my home.
He offered me a better deal, I offered him lunch.

382648 (resized).jpg382648 (resized).jpg
#49 3 years ago

Fucking glad to have Tracelifter back, that's for sure.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

the part when it looks like a train is coming at you

I still vividly remember this from the first time I saw it at 8 years old.
The world needs Mr. Toad.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ode-to-mr-toad?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.