10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Take a look at the first post, go in and edit it, you will see that there were a bunch of photos in the post originally. Now the links are there, but the photos are not showing up. Any ideas why this is happening after the update?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-launch-party-mortimers-in-minneapolis-october-11th-mn

The site would be a lot easier to use if we could attach our own images with tags like [img]. For users like me, less space would be consumed on the servers with pics I have offline at Flickr and Photobucket. Not complaining, just hoping we can figure out how to get multiple photo posts back.

Something else I do, I'll upload pics to a second post, then link them in the first post to get past the photo upload limit. I did not do that to all the pics in the link above but did do some of them that way.

#2 10 years ago

Okay, let me explain this.

Every Pinsider now has his/her own "upload folder on the server". When you drag/drop photos in the upload box they are uploaded in this folder. Its status is then "uploaded (not yet posted)".

Once you decide to use a photo, it is attached to the post. This is normally done automatically, you can also use the insert button to do this. If you don't attach it, the file will remain in your upload folder until you use it or delete it.

So what you are seeing, if you edit that Star Trek post is all images in your upload folder which you haven't used yet.

As for your other question, I have decided against linking images form other sites for several reasons: One is a legal reason: by uploading files yourself you are legally responsible for them. I'm not sure who is responsible if the Pinside server connects to a 3rd party server and downloads and copies the file. The second reason is "long term last-ability". Don't you hate it when on some forums a post misses all images in it because they were linked from elsewhereand that elsewhere has gone? Well, I really do and so I decided that the Pinside will host all images by itself. It's costlier (many gigs of disk space needed) but I think it's a good choice in the long run.

Hope that all makes sense!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-things-happening-with-multiple-photo-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.