Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09399.JPG
    Burger_Meister.jpg
    seinfeld-tee-shirt.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 10 years ago

I don't often bring up my hobby in conversation but I've only ever received positive comments when the word gets out. There's usually the strange expression on their face when they first hear it, but once the thought process goes through they think it's really cool. Generally people hear about it through others like my wife or friends who can't help but tell other people "hey this guy owns a pinball machine!". I don't hide it, but I don't generally bring it up either because, really, I'm not interested in their niche hobby either so figure they aren't that interested in mine.

The funny thing is, at family gathering the guys in my extended family just can't stop talking to me about pinball when they hear I have some or that I play in leagues. It has never ceased to surprise me how many people used to (and still do but didn't know they were still around) play and love pinball and beg me to let them come around and have some games.

Every man has a hobby, for those that don't I feel sorry for them and they are most likely being put in a box by their significant other or parents. I have a father in law that collects cars, I have a brother who collects and has hundreds of power insulators. Men need their toys or they go crazy in my opinion, it's just a matter of how many toys and how much they cost.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-reactions-to-i-bought-a-pinball-machine?tu=Mar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.