odd problem. help please

By cbrister

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

If you have followed any of my posts, you know I recently replaced the power cord on my Target Pool. Power was restored. Now I have a new problem. I tried to start a game, and the score motor turned, but then the play field lights got stuck on. And i can't get them to shut off…I have tried resetting the bank, but nothing. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

Why do you want the playfield lights to turn off? (They're supposed to turn on as part of starting the first game, and then stay on unless the game is tilted or powered off.)

#3 10 years ago

do you mean after you turn the game off from below the cab. they are still on ?

#4 10 years ago

Maybe I should elaborate. The lights got stuck on, and I can't get anything to work now. If I unplug it and plug it back in, the lights stay on. But nothing else. It's like it froze.

#5 10 years ago

Have you checked the 25V fuse? If it has blown, I'd check your new power cord wiring again.

#6 10 years ago

put a meter on each leg of the xformer
what happens if you force the start relay? or rotate the score motor?

#7 10 years ago

Forcing it and rotating the score motor doesn't do anything. The score motor won't even try to turn by itself. After i wired in the new power cord, I pressed the start relay and nothing happened. I manually rotated the score motor. It moved by itself, the lights came on, and it hasn't moved since.

#8 10 years ago

As suggested above, check your fuses, and meter the lugs on the transformer.

#9 10 years ago

Replacing the power cord and the current state of the machine have nothing to do with each other. The title of your post should read something like: "1969 Gottlieb Target Pool will not start Tech Help Needed."

#10 10 years ago

You need to work harder on the description of your problems. You need to do some reading so you can use the proper terminology to solicit appropriate help. It's not fair to suggest people are following your other posts and talk about lights. General Illumination? Feature Lights?

You should read this entirely 3 times before making another post or starting another thread: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm

#11 10 years ago

when you say the score motor turned, is it just constantly turning until you unplug it again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-problem-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.