1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by RockyTop25
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebar124.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a client with a Stern monopoly. It resest only during free money mode when you hit the bank switch entering the ramp. You can hit the switch in any other mode and it is fine. When it resets it locks on the controlled lamps until fuse F22 blows.
    I tested thepu and driver board in my TSPP and it never reset. It has a new updated game ROM and still does the same thing. I replaced the connectors on the mpu and drover board around the heat sink with no change. I was thinking the diode might be bad o. The bank switch and have not replaced it yet, bit it's odd it only happens during 1 mode.
    Any thoughts?

2 weeks later
    #2 1 year ago

Midweek bump

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRetail:

When things don't make sense, suspect power. Without clean, reliable power, the pinball could show as having all kinds of intermittent problems.
    For a long time these Whitestar boards haven't been too troublesome, but I've had three in the last few months that to keep from resetting I've had to replace CN2 on the bottom of the CPU board.
    I replaced the pins, and used crimp-and-stuff trifurcons for the plug.
    I definitely had problems on one of these Whitestar games with J16 on the main power board. (This is the main power distribution plug, it's right under the CN2 connector on the CPU board.) Cracked solder connections, but also heat-tarnished pins. Once again, replace this connector pins and plugs, with trifurcon.
    Since I've done these fixes, the three machines in question haven't shown any problems.
    Once you are sure you've improved the power to the boards, I'd do a deep dive on this switch and it's associated wiring. Anything pinched, touching, insulation rubbed off? Any way for the switch contacts to short out to the metal around them? I'd probably consider replacing the switch and it's diode just in case.
    When this switch activates, does it turn on a light that might have a compromised or dead-shorted socket that robs power from the system causing a board reset?
    Test the lamps, the switches.
    Is it completely consistent? It does a reset every time and you can reliably make it happen? Or is it only once in a while, but you notice it when you hit the bank switch?
    It's gotta be something, and you've done the normal things.
    Let us know what happens here.

It is consistent every single time during the free money mode only. There has to be something or combination of things that activate when that switch is hit during this mode.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

I think this is an error in the newest firmware version - sometimes the game throws an impossible roll by landing on a non-purchasable property, the logic doesn't understand, lights too many things and the game blows the fuse. The only solution I remember is going back to a previous version of firmware.
    Check this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-freezes-up

Happens with original ROMs and the newest ROMs.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bingovit:

Have you replaced the ballast of the fluorescent bulb?

I think its original. How could it be related?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebar124.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-monopoly-reset-issue?tu=homebar124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.