• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

match 91 (resized).jpg
High Score (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

When I try to set the High Score value to grant a free game it goes up in steps of 10,000 like it should but it starts at 7100 and goes up in steps of 10,000 from that, so I can't set my score to give a free game to 240,000 like my game cards I have to set it at 237,100 or 247,100 which does not seem right.
Also the match will sometimes give 91 instead of 90, or some other number with a 1 at the end, but not always. I know my match display works correctly so its not an issue with the display.

Firstly has anyone come across this high score issue, I'm wondering if it is some corruption with my RAM chip indicating my RAM might have faulty bits in it.
Like wise with the match 91 issue.

What are everyone elses thoughts on this?

High Score (resized).jpgHigh Score (resized).jpgmatch 91 (resized).jpgmatch 91 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Do the displays show correct score while playing?

You could try resetting all adjustment values (push reset switch on MPU board at each adjustment step) and then set up new value with credit button.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Do the displays show correct score while playing?
You could try resetting all adjustment values (push reset switch on MPU board at each adjustment step) and then set up new value with credit button.

Gold star to you, I completely missed the starred statement in the manual that says can be quickly set to '00' by pressing S33 on the MPU assembly.
I will go try that now.

#4 1 year ago

Thank you, that's all it needed.
My MPU has the supercap mod and was turned off for about 2 months whilst I rebuilt it and obviously discharged and when I turned it back on the RAM was just full of garbage.
Kicking myself for missing that in the manual, I've only had the machine running for a bit over a week and this is my first solid state machine so still working it all out.

Will see what happens with the match number now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-increments-on-setting-high-score-free-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.