Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DM backglass orig2 (resized).jpg
    DMrepro (resized).jpg
    DMorig. (resized).jpg
    kod (resized).JPG
    Capture1 (resized).JPG
    comparison1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider P2K.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Can you spot the differences in each graphic pair?
    One is a Daisy May backglass comparing an original to a very well done (almost!) repro. The other is a Rainbow I'm working on now (comparing to a friends game).

I stumble across these things while restoring games and find them interesting.

Alan.

comparison1 (resized).jpgcomparison1 (resized).jpg

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

A lot of times repro artists go either way, either gets lazy and leaves out little details, (does it right, no more/no less), or goes on to add extra ones. I think we see both here - the top being the one that "excelled". (I just notice the butt crease gone on the top one, and the worm on the second one)

The two Rainbow playfields are both original, but the two Daisy May backglasses are original vs. repro.
    The Rainbow one has me baffled since they are both original.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Yeah, I would assume that is a classic case of either mistakingly missing it, or it was too difficult for the artist to re-create so they knowingly left it out. (I would assume it could just be scanned from a nice glass though... Unless Shay somehow got real Gottlieb art and a revision before the worm was added but that seems like a stretch)

I discovered the missing worm when repairing an original backglass using a friends repro as a guide. The worm is in a area that is typically flaked off of old backglasses, so my guess is that the repro artwork originally was done from a worn out BG and they did not know that there was missing graphics. It doesn't appear that the repro artwork came from original Gottlieb files but rather from a flaked old BG.

Alan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider P2K.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-graphic-differences-between-the-same-games?tu=P2K and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.