Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pb456
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm certain it has something to do with the circuit; game is Getaway HS2.

Driver/PSU board is WPC Fliptronics II (unless I misunderstand it).

What I expect to be reading is forward voltage of about .5/.6 and reverse of zero.

Instead, I see a good forward of .5/.6 but reverse it is nuts - keeps increasing, initial read of about 1.6v and looks to be steadily climbing.

At first, I thought it was just the BR. So I clipped/cleaned the through holes, took the BR out and lo and behold the damned thing is reading as I would expect - .5 ish and zero.

I'm sure it is the circuit (board) it's on but is it a fault of my DMM or is it just by design of this board?

I see the same issue on ALL BRs on this board.

...or am I just going mad?

#2 3 years ago

When measuring in circuit the other components affect your readings, like the filter capacitors. They will charge and discharge from the voltage supplied by your meter. What was the reason for testing the bridges?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

When measuring in circuit the other components affect your readings, like the filter capacitors. They will charge and discharge from the voltage supplied by your meter. What was the reason for testing the bridges?

I lost 5V on this board - was reading about 2VDC.

Was following along in PinWiki on the testing and I guess I read too far without context C11 and C5 also test less than expected, and are showing a little bulging.

#4 3 years ago

...I neglected to mention I also replaced the voltage regulator, was a Fairchild F 8408/UA78H05SC. Did this after the fail.

#5 3 years ago

What is the DC voltage at the input of the 5 volt regulator? I seem to remember reading that a mod may be needed to use that regulator but I can't find the information now. Maybe someone can chime in with that info.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

What is the DC voltage at the input of the 5 volt regulator? I seem to remember reading that a mod may be needed to use that regulator but I can't find the information now. Maybe someone can chime in with that info.

I don't have a test kit set up for the board, so I'll have to get info on that when I connect it back into the game later this week.

I'm open to any ideas on what mods are recommended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 40.00
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-bridge-rectifier-readings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.