7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG
aSpMi-10000-pt-flow_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncle_jose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi to all!

On a Space Mission, player one, ten-thousandth score reel.

During game play the reel moves and scores fine through all the numbers, but -sometimes- starting a new game the reel will sometimes make it back to zero, when it cannot reach zero, I have to manually rotate it back to zero (while switches and relays are working) once it reach zero, relays and switches stop and game is ready to play.

I have remove the reel and it moves freely when I push the coil manually, it travels through all the numbers fine. Does it means that the coil is weak? Solder points on the switch looks fine.

Any idea on what to look for?

Thanks in advance!

~ja

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

chk the runout switch, on top of reel. should be 3 switches mounted together. one is for reset. if it does not open at "0", reel will keep going

Thanks... are you saying that this "reset" should be open from 1 - 9 and close on zero?

Thanks!

#5 7 years ago

rofl,

The wheel doesn't wiggle.

Nope it happens from any number, randomly... I have noticed that when I reach 9 (by slowly turning the wheel from any number) I hear a click and the wheel will automatically turn from 9 to zero by itself and the game will be ready to be played.

~ja

#7 7 years ago

Hi Rofl,

Thank you very much for your diagram, wiring and electrical seems fine but I did notice something, on one of my several attempts of figuring out what is wrong while the relay was working trying to put back the wheel back to zero, I manually pull a bit out the plunger from the coil and boom! it went back to zero, stepping up all numbers until zero was reached; thinking that it was something unique, I did the same over and over and it worked everytime.

So, the problems seem to be that the plunger is not pulling out enough to make the whole wheel spin (maybe?), but if I manually pull the plunger, just a bit, the coil starts to pull/push fine. What do you think will be, the coil it self is becoming weaker?

Many thanks!

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncle_jose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-behavior-on-score-reel?tu=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.