5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by FatPanda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Rikshaw:

I have an odd issue with my Bally Eight Ball Champ. The center drop target switch will not register if either of the 2 left drop targets are down or the upper right target is down. The center target registers fine unless one of those other 3 targets are knocked down. I notice that the targets are all in the same column in the switch matrix, but other switches in that same column do not seem to have an affect on the center drop target.
I've looked at all of the wiring attached to the 4 affected switches looking for odd shorts and broken diodes. Also checked all 4 diodes with a meter and everything checks out fine. I'm a little stumped on this one.

Just checking but did you remove the diodes from the circuit when you checked? You need to do that.

I had a similar but not the same issue with my Special Force. Turned out it was a short to ground. Also, I was causing it by leaning on a rail while I was pushing a switch. I’m not saying you are causing it, only that it might be a short to ground that you should check for in the circuit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-bally-switch-problem?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.