(Topic ID: 156281)

Oculus Rift VR + Virtual Pinball Cabinet = ?

By kpg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I wonder if it feels more natural? Skimmed the video without sound. The motion seems a bit jerky. Not a FPS issue, but smoothness of the head tracking. I think that would drive me nuts.

#11 8 years ago

Didn't Pinball Arcade say they were going to work with the Playstation VR?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I was going to buy a rift as soon as it became available, but the new price put me off

Was going to buy one as well, until I saw the minimum specs. I built my PC 3 years ago with gaming/video editing in mind. I have 2 video cards set up in SLI, BUT they are a few numbers shy of the recommended minimum video card. So I can't justify pulling out my $650 worth of video cards, to buy a single one at around $500, plus the cost of the Rift itself.

#35 8 years ago

Well, guess it'll be a while before I get a Rift, or any VR. Did the system check on my Current PC, and I failed three areas.

Graphics Card:
    Have: NVidia GTX 570 x2
    Need: NVidia GTX 970

Processor:
    Have: i7-3930K @3.2GHz
    Need: i5-4590 @??

USB: Just tells me that my USB 3.0 ports are incompatible with the Rift, but doesn't tell me why or what I need.

I do have 32GB of memory and running 64bit Win10. So I meet or exceed there!

So, I built my machine too powerful a year or two early. Will be a couple more years before I consider upgrading again.

Edit. Just looked up benchmarks vs the CPU to what I have and the one that recommended, and mine is faster than what they say I need.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oculus-rift-vr-virtual-pinball-cabinet?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.