2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

My recommendations:

Walkabout Minigolf - No real excuse not to own this. Unless you're a heathen who finds no joy in the magic that is minigolf.

Real Fishing VR - I was skeptical about this as someone who isn't into real fishing, but it has a bit more of an arcade feel than I expected, and I dig it. You grind XP and money to buy new gear and unlock new fishing spots. There's two main zones to fish in (with 20 levels per zone), different fishing styles, cosmetics, etc. Great game to listen to a podcast to, or you can open a browser in game and watch a movie/YouTube/etc.

Beat Saber - It's arguably the most iconic VR game, and it's a ton of fun. If you aren't into music games in ANY capacity, you can avoid it. But if you've ever played Guitar Hero/Rock Band/DDR/Bemani stuff at all and had any amount of a good time, you owe it to yourself to buy it. Or at least try the demo.

ForeVR Bowl - It's like Wii Bowling, but better.

In Death: Unchained - This is my "serious gamer" suggestion. It's got the best archery in VR, and it's incredibly rewarding (but difficult). If you like Soulsborne stuff, Binding of Isaac, that sort of thing...It's worth checking this out. My most played VR game hands down.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is the 128 GB model sufficient for a lot of games?

Absolutely. I'm usually one to "go big or go home", but the 128GB model is more than enough.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had my Q2 for a few months. In reality, it was a gateway to PCVR using air link, for me. The Q2 is great for what it is, but using it for PCVR is where it's at!

PCVR2 for PS5 is going to be my next big purchase.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Funny that since I've gotten my gaming laptop, that I've hardly turned on the PS5. I am aware of it, but can't really recall the capabilities. Does it still require an external camera and wiring to your PS5?

PCVR2 will require being wired to your PS5 according the leaks and rumors so far. The primary reason I'd be getting it is for more AAA experiences.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The pinball games are surprisingly excellent with very minimal, if any, flipper lag. I have them all and they are worth it for sure.

I've been considering them. I also thought about getting into VR Pinball via VPX or something, but I've heard that's a LOT of work.

#35 2 years ago

Here's a post on another forum I'm on that describes your situation pretty well:

1. Glowy Text

As you noticed, this "god ray" effect is something that happens in any headsets that use what are called "Fresnel Lenses" to bend the picture into the right shape. Most headsets use this style of lens (including the Quest 2) however a few headsets (like the PSVR, for example) do not. All headsets that have Fresnel Lenses will have some amount of god-rays whenever there is a high-contrast part of the screen. It's most noticeable when you have pure white text on a pure black background. No amount of adjustment will make this go away. It's just the nature of the lenses and you'll just have to deal. Trust me, it seems like a big deal at first (it really bothered me when I moved from PSVR to Oculus) but after a while your brain just sort of ignores it.

2. Blurry picture

Again, this is due to the lenses. It's called the "sweet spot." Unlike glasses that keep your vision sharp no matter where our eyes look through the lenses, VR headsets have to bend a 2D image into a shape that gives the illusion of 90° field of vision. This bending causes the outer edges of the lens to be out of focus. The solution here is to train yourself to not look around with your eyes and instead always stare forward and look around with your head. It sounds like a big deal at first but it's another one of these things you just adjust to over time.

3. Weird colors

Chromatic Aberration is exactly what you're talking about and while these headsets use software to compensate for this, it's not 100%. Again, it's an issue of bending the light as well as trying to combine two images (left and right) into one. You should expect some level of chromatic aberration, especially at the edges. However, like I said in the previous point, you shouldn't really be moving your eyes to look around to the edges of the lenses. You should be looking forward and moving your head to look around. There is the least amount of chromatic aberration in the sweet spot at the center of the image. If there is a lot there, then you should check your IPD is correct.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oculus-quest-2-owner-s-club?tu=nicoga3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.