2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

I've had my Q2 for a few months. In reality, it was a gateway to PCVR using air link, for me. The Q2 is great for what it is, but using it for PCVR is where it's at!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is what I do. It really makes it shine when you connect it to steam VR. I've been playing half life and flight sims. Also have the steam VR version of best sabre. It's annoying that one purchase isn't cross platform. My biggest gripe is I don't understand why the headset doesn't charge very well off the link cable. It definitely slows the drain but I don't feel like I get sufficient time out of it before it dies.

I'm usually good at about 2 hrs but you can cheaply get a battery pack as well. Have you tried Air Link for wireless VR? You'll need to get a capable router if you don't already have one, but if you haven't, and you've got the equipment, Air Link is definitely the way to go. I've heard Virtual Desktop is good too, but Air Link is built-in and the performance is really great.

I agree with some apps not being crossbuy. I won't purchase a game a second time either so I'll just play it on native Q2 hardware.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Absolutely. I'm usually one to "go big or go home", but the 128GB model is more than enough.

PCVR2 for PS5 is going to be my next big purchase.

Funny that since I've gotten my gaming laptop, that I've hardly turned on the PS5. I am aware of it, but can't really recall the capabilities. Does it still require an external camera and wiring to your PS5?

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

PCVR2 will require being wired to your PS5 according the leaks and rumors so far. The primary reason I'd be getting it is for more AAA experiences.

Yeah, I'd want to play PS exclusive titles as well, but for one, can't justify two VR headsets and another would have it being wired. I wish everything was crossbuy!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I tried air link but couldn't get sufficient performance out of it vs the cable. I could definitely see this being a better option. The cable really doesn't bother me other than when I almost broke my hand playing golf + and hit my firepower machine because I didn't set up the guardian very well.

I tried doing that in my pinball room too...not good lol. I'm in the living room now.

You might need to upgrade your router, or at least be in the same room as your router, if that's feasible. I did both and it's a smooth experience for me.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I have a mesh system but I've got a brick split level and the 5g signal is weak all over unfortunately.

Yeah, that'll certainly kill it

Regardless, you're still getting to play the best PCVR games on an affordable headset. I wouldn't be playing VR if the Q2 wasn't at such an attractive price point, and at the behest of Whysnow

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

How to tell me you play population one without telling me you play population one.

He's always on Population One!

I'm more into the deep single player narratives. TWD Saints and Sinners and Half Life: Alyx. Trying to find more games like those, so if you or anyone else knows of any, I'm looking for suggestions!

To touch on your earlier post, I've put probably about 15 hrs in to In Death: Unchained. Hitting a headshot from far away is the best! Right next to getting a head shot after turning a corner and getting the begeezus scared out of you lol. I need to jump back into that game.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Here are my game recommendations:
-Walkabout Mini Golf - super fun mini golf game, lots of courses, multiplayer. Probably one of the things I play the most.
-Beat Saber - still one of the best rhythm games out there. Not sure if it is still available, but there was a mod you could do by hooking the Quest up to your PC so you could load community created songs.
-Eleven Table Tennis - fun and well done if you like Table Tennis
-Pistol Whip - another fun rhythm game
-Rec Room - free and fun for online multiplayer experiences (beware of lots of screeching kids)
-Golf+ - I just started playing this, but am enjoying it. A golf game with some mini-games (including corn hole), a putting game, and full golf courses. Multiplayer.
-Resident Evil 4 - I have not played this yet (as I have trouble with horror games in VR), but I've heard it is awesome.
-Virtual Desktop - I use this to play PCVR games on my Quest 2. This isn't a necessity (as the Quest has native PCVR streaming), but this has always worked better for me. You need Wifi 6 and a good PC for this to work wirelessly.
-Star Wars Pinball VR - I great VR pinball experience.
-Superhot - a VR classic
-The Room VR - a fun, puzzle type VR game
Enjoy!

I wouldn't call RE4 a horror game, per se. I haven't played it in VR yet, but played it many times on the Gamecube and other platforms. yeah, there are a couple scares here and there, but it is action oriented and once you get over the initial "horde" chasing after you, it's more gun play than anything. I'll probably play it again in VR, but don't be afraid!

I would say there are more creepy environments in HL:A or TWD S&S, or even Arizona Sunshine, (anywhere you have to use a flashlight really lol). Whoever says they're not afraid of the dark is lying!

#37 2 years ago

I played Tetris Effect and SW: Squadrons via Game Pass Via Steam VR last night. Tetris was cool. Classic Tetris game with some cool visuals and music. Squadrons was pretty fun. The environment inside the cockpits of X-Wings and Tie Fighters was a very neat experience. It didn't make me as sick as I thought it would. I was able to spend about an hour playing it and not feel bad...just a little tinge of nausea but not bad at all. Highly recommended if you're on PC.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

It's not pinball but I made a game for the Quest called Revolver Widow:
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3643245722378323/

Doesn't have to be pinball related, just Quest/VR related. Thanks for sharing!

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't hate on us Quest 1 owners!

lol edited my post

3 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oculus-quest-2-owner-s-club?tu=FatPanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.