You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210722_193522 (resized).jpg
20210722_193511 (resized).jpg
20190910_234054 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Considering an Octoberfest pin for our next game, if you own one please chime in on your likes and dislikes please, thanks in advance

#2 2 years ago

If you like the theme you should love the game,this is a game you have to work a little to get a multiball.
Beer barrel ramp is very rewarding and if you can hit it from a left orbit you may get a Picard maneuver call out
Roller coaster ramp is also fun and the start of the multiball off the top of the ramp is cool.
Magnets are strong and fun just like Houdini and the real knocker that you will install is a must along with a shaker,hitting the stand ups during duck hunt and shooting gallery is worth it alone with the knocker firing off.

I could go on but I will just say that Octoberfest is a go

#3 2 years ago

Best game ever. A ton of different strategies, plus the humor is great. It is really made for a home use environment with all the ways to play the game. The only con is the leg bolts use a hex wrench.

#4 2 years ago

Deep code, lots to do. It's a jam packed game with tons of shots. You will want a set of Pinstadiums for it day 1.

#5 2 years ago

Following. I am also considering getting this game. I’m really into original themes.

#6 2 years ago

OFest was my first (of two) pins. Got it in June of 20 with an 11/xx/2019 build date. Added magic glass, shaker, knocker, topper light kit and installed 20.09.23 code update in 9/20. Have had a small number of technical/mechanical issues that have all been promptly addressed by the American Pinball support staff (thank you Dave Brennan). Set mine to “Adult” since the grandkids are too young to pick up on Inga’s innuendo and Otto’s “Holy Shit!” is indeed a rare occurrence at my skill level.

This game is my fave of the two for its overall theme, variety of modes, shots, depth, hilarious call outs and rewards for tough, but not impossible tent completions. I have yet to get to Calorie Coma but I’ve only been playing for a year and have that as Numero Uno on my bucket list.

If AP had but added an actual tap on the coin door (there is ample room for a pony keg inside the cabinet) this pin would have been number one with a bullet on Pinside’s Top 100.

Full disclosure: Yes, I like this pin.

#7 2 years ago

Everything already posted, and to add....
The "adult" call outs are campy and funny and most real kids don't understand past face value, and can they can be turned off. My 7 y/o LOVES the game.
AP service and support ROCKS, post on here regularly, zero playfield issues. very well built. Duck Hunt with the knocker is so fun!
The one handed play is a blast when you opt in a group for fun, and play it in the one tent mode. A pinball 1st!
Prost!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Everything already posted, and to add....
The "adult" call outs are campy and funny and most real kids don't understand past face value, and can they can be turned off. My 7 y/o LOVES the game.
AP service and support ROCKS, post on here regularly, zero playfield issues. very well built. Duck Hunt with the knocker is so fun!
The one handed play is a blast when you opt in a group for fun, and play it in the one tent mode. A pinball 1st!
Prost!

#9 2 years ago

Pro...I like it.
Con...I don't own one yet.

#10 2 years ago

In my opinion one of the most underrated games of the LCD era, if not the most. Wild design on that left side with shots going every which way under and over and around. It's more stop-and-go, which some people don't like, but I definitely like having some games of that type for variety. Good sense of humor, so many modes and strategies, and really a lot to shoot at on every area of the playfield.

#11 2 years ago

I’d been mostly away from pinball for a few years, then read about Oktfest and since it’s such a theme match I started considering a NIB for the first time.

Went to a local spot for a play test and my interest fizzled. Flippers felt dead, had to pretty much hit the left ramp perfectly to make the shot. Didn’t really like the barrel shot, but in general upper flippers are more miss than hit for me. Watching early gameplay videos, the LCD animations / art seemed amateurish - I think the music on the one I played months ago indicated the code had been updated vs. the videos I watched & there were some improvements but if you’re used to licensed pins it still might feel a bit different. I imagine the machine has seen more updates since I played. (And there could always be setup differences re: each individual machine - the operator where I was playing is attentive though, haven’t found another one locally to compare)

I walked a few machines down the row after playing a few games & tried Stranger Things for the first time - was night and day, about 3x the speed, shots felt good to me.

Just a reminder that if you haven’t already, make an effort to try it out yourself if you can locally.

#12 2 years ago

Following

#13 2 years ago

Ok... so... I agree that Oktfest is a great pin, BUT.. and a huge but.. the beer barrel and roller coaster is very underutilized. Beer barrel shot is tough and frustrating. Awesome when you hit it, but brutal for casual players. Lighting oktoberfest letters to start coaster locks requires both skill and luck. Again, something that a casual player will not experience. Call outs are fun, sober mode, multiballs (when you can get them) are fun, and modes are deep. One handed play us fun. However, side by side with GOTG pro, GOTG was played 2 to 1. Zero mechanical issues, excellent build. We traded ours for a NIB STh premium and never looked back. Cool pin but unless u set to 5 ball for friends and young ones, or can manage to start those multiballs, the modes will soon become too little to carry owning one.

20190910_234054 (resized).jpg20190910_234054 (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago

Thanks for everyone's input,1 question, what is the mag grab a button that operates the magnet ,I know what magnets are we own a Houdini,and have owned an Addams family 20 years ago. Thanks

#15 2 years ago

I traded a loaded IQ pro for one. It was fun at first. The modes/tents are fun but ramps are hard to hit. Not an easy game for folks to just walk up and play. Call outs are hilarious and it is one of the most solid built pins and crazy heavy.
But something about it didn't click for me. Traded it out 3 weeks later and really don't miss it.

20210722_193511 (resized).jpg20210722_193511 (resized).jpg20210722_193522 (resized).jpg20210722_193522 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/octoberfestpros-and-cons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.