OCD Board, which should I get?

By webdiddy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Im thinkikng about getting a OCD board for my Theatre of Magic, but Im not sure which one to get, the LED one or the one for GI?
I would buy both of they offered some kind of package deal, sadly they dont.

Also, the boards seams kinda hard to get if you live in Europe like me.
Any suggestions?

If you got a WPC board for sale and are willing to ship to Sweden please PM me.

Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

I love them both - but for the GI board it depends on whether you have GI fading effects in TOM, and I'm not sure about that. Cometpinball .com for euro shipping - I think.

#3 8 years ago

I'm a middle man for a few mates in the UK....if you need to...you can ship it to me and I can then get it on it's way to you....just an option for you....cheers.............Joey

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I love them both - but for the GI board it depends on whether you have GI fading effects in TOM, and I'm not sure about that. Cometpinball .com for euro shipping - I think.

Yeah, theres some GI dimming, cometpinball dont have any WPC ocd boards.

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm a middle man for a few mates in the UK....if you need to...you can ship it to me and I can then get it on it's way to you....just an option for you....cheers.............Joey

That might work, let me think about that, do you have anybody to vouch for you

#5 8 years ago

Only my word...that's all I've ever needed for 38 yrs so far....!!!..............Joey

#6 8 years ago

If you talk to Art (Comet Pinball), he will forward orders overseas. You can order from my website, have it shipped to Art, and he will send it to you. He does charge a fee for this, but I'm not sure how much.

As for which to get, it's somewhat personal preference. I usually lean toward LED OCD (for inserts) first, but since you're in Sweden, the 50Hz power causes more GI strobing than the 60Hz in the US. To complicate things a little more, GI OCD requires different firmware to be used in 50Hz games, and it has not been fully tested yet.

#7 8 years ago

The Kind offer by Joey will likely be your least expensive options, and he is very kind to offer his time to you.

We charge a $25 fee to repack, take care of customs work to be effective with duty, and fully insure,
plus the actual shipping fees.

Savings can be had in many ways, as Joey is offering, or if you bundle some friends orders, or have a bulb order, then
its one shipping charge.

Regardless of the method, its a Brilliant solution to Games!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

As for which to get, it's somewhat personal preference. I usually lean toward LED OCD (for inserts) first, but since you're in Sweden, the 50Hz power causes more GI strobing than the 60Hz in the US. To complicate things a little more, GI OCD requires different firmware to be used in 50Hz games, and it has not been fully tested yet.

I see, need help testing it? Then Im your man.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Kind offer by Joey will likely be your least expensive options, and he is very kind to offer his time to you.
We charge a $25 fee to repack, take care of customs work to be effective with duty, and fully insure,
plus the actual shipping fees.
Savings can be had in many ways, as Joey is offering, or if you bundle some friends orders, or have a bulb order, then
its one shipping charge.
Regardless of the method, its a Brilliant solution to Games!

Okay, cool. Its gonna be one or the other, need a little time to decide
Hows the shadow decals working out for you Art?

#9 8 years ago

Havent applied them yet, but see them every day in the pile of "Work, Mods, Testing, Speakers, Blades and LEDs"....
Did 2 straight days last weekend and cut the "pile" in half......getting there....but thanks for a great piece of Shadow Side Art!

Art

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

GI OCD requires different firmware to be used in 50Hz games

Quoted from webdiddy:

need help testing it?

I've actually already sent it to a few people. One of them has reported it working in general, but has not reported about a few details. The others, I haven't heard back from.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Havent applied them yet, but see them every day in the pile of "Work, Mods, Testing, Speakers, Blades and LEDs"....
Did 2 straight days last weekend and cut the "pile" in half......getting there....but thanks for a great piece of Shadow Side Art!
Art

At least you're keeping busy! Glad you like them!

Quoted from herg:

I've actually already sent it to a few people. One of them has reported it working in general, but has not reported about a few details. The others, I haven't heard back from.

Okay, cool. It gotta suck that people ain't getting back to you, it's like they go: "oh cool, free stuff".
Anyway, if you want a second opinion PM me, I could pay for them upfront and when I report back you can give me a refund
I will take a detailed video and all, the same goes for you Art if you ever need help testing som leds or other stuff I'm just glad to help

#12 8 years ago

I have the GI OCD in my TOM and I consider it a must. There is extensive GI dimming in this game, and it just looks so good with cool white LEDs in the GI. The OCD board makes it super smooth and flicker free.

Once herg gets the 50hz testing knocked out, I'd definitely get one if I were you.

#13 8 years ago

The only wish about OCD boards that I have is that there was some sort of frequent flyer program. I think I've bought 7 - maybe 8 of those things.

#14 8 years ago

Does The Shadow have GI dimming or just insert effects? No Fear has GI dimming I think, but can anyone confirm?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I have the GI OCD in my TOM and I consider it a must. There is extensive GI dimming in this game, and it just looks so good with cool white LEDs in the GI. The OCD board makes it super smooth and flicker free.
Once herg gets the 50hz testing knocked out, I'd definitely get one if I were you.

Quoted from btw75:

The only wish about OCD boards that I have is that there was some sort of frequent flyer program. I think I've bought 7 - maybe 8 of those things.

Hear, hear! Greatest mod in pinball...

(And Herg's a great guy, too!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ocd-board-which-should-i-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.