(Topic ID: 231311)

Occasionally 3 balls in the shooter lane on WoZ

By otakudre5

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otakudre5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a problem that occurres in seemingly certain situations from what I can tell so far.
When I get into fireball frenzy there are three balls being shot into the shooter lane. The ball still in play registers as normal. Once one of the additional balls is lost, the end of ball bonus count sets in. Mostly this happens, when I’m on ball two of a standard three ball adjusted game.
When I run through the switches and functions in test mode, everything works and no errors are shown, so I was wondering, whether this is a rare bug of the most recent software, which I am running.
Any ideas? Did any of you run into something similar?
Thanks

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick answers.
@LTG: I checked both. They are working fine, the opto is not flaky.
I checked all the switches once more, there doesn’t seem to be a problem with them. At least in test mode.

#5 5 years ago

One more thing, I recognized: when the balls are being fed to the shooter lane, there is no auto-launch, that puts them into play. The mistake only happens, when there are three balls in the magazine left and the two others are either in play, or one is in play and one is locked.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Today I finally had some time to change the code to 6.06. The problem is still there.
Somehow it seems to be connected to the monkey mech and only occurs, when a ball is locked there.

#9 5 years ago

Had this problem with the current code also, as I wrote above.
When I get some time over the next couple of days, I will check on the opto boards once more. Somehow the balls seem to be miscounted.

1 month later
#10 5 years ago

Just wanted to update on the topic and the problem.
The problem is solved. It was an issue with the opto receiver board, where the resistor R2 had a problem and dropped out, which resulted in a malfunction of the optos 3 and 4.
Received new opto boards and switched the transmitter and receiver board, just to make sure.
All is back to normal now and I am a happy camper

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otakudre5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/occasionally-3-balls-in-the-shooter-lane-on-woz?tu=otakudre5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.