Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny-891.jpg
    this.gif
    image-37.jpg
    image-388.jpg
    bml.gif
    img007.jpg
    img006.jpg
    img005.jpg
    img004.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    dingdong.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago

I'd purchase Iron Man VE over the initial Iron Man.

IMO, Stern looked at the secondary market and saw demand exceed supply. It would be foolish of them not to produce more.

Metallica and AC/DC sold really well...and we were introduced a 4th version.

I'm a little surprised that no WOZ LE owners have complained. 2 different runs of LEs. At least with AC/DC, the 2 LE editions only had a combine total of 500.

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Some WOZ LE owners have most definitely complained about that. The fanboys, not so much.

I think it's very smart of Stern to announce that any limited edition will never be reproduced.

If they were to, it would destroy their LE market.

#58 9 years ago

I'm surprised Stern went with Iron Man for the vault edition.

One would think they would do Lord of the Rings, to steal some sales from JJP.

Just seems Iron Man would've made more sense being released just before Avengers 2.

Just my 2 cents.

#79 9 years ago

How many Iron Man VE machines are they making?

IMO, it is the pro machines that expand the pinball market. I can't envision first time buyers going for a premium, LE or JJP machine. It's my belief that you'd really have to love pinball in order to splurge on a first machine (like I did.)

#82 9 years ago

Stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse, people are no damn good, but they'll always need land and they will pay through the nose to get it.

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern is glad you don't work for them. Why would they go with Iron Man!?
    Let me count the ways:
    1.) Still a relevant license
    2.) One of their cheapest BOM games ever (aka - FREE MONEY)
    3.) Only 1200 were made, huge demand now
    4.) Runs on SAM system...no probs running it with inventory from their current games
    LOTR:
    1.) WHITESTAR HARDWARE! This is the main reason it's highly unlikely you'll see a LOTR VE
    2.) BOM is too high to be a current "Pro"
    3.) ~8000 were made! Plenty available if you wanna find one.
    4.) Hobbit is irrelevant. LOTR fans have been able to buy LOTR pinball for 11 years.
    Now, if Stern really wanted to "steal sales" from JJP - You'd see some kind of massively beefed up LOTR "Anniversary Edition" - running on their new hardware with a color LCD, remastered stereo audio, the high res metallic decals, and who knows...some more bling of some sort with a Premium price point. Honestly I think this is the ONLY way you're gonna see a LOTR re-run...in some sorta super edition, cuz it's would have to be recoded on newer hardware anyway.
    Now, just to show I'm not biased as a current LOTR owner - if some super beefed up LOTR was released, I'd buy it in a second, cuz I love the game - and one of you guys could buy my old one cheap.

I never said Iron Man wasn't a relevant license. With Avengers 2 coming in May, one would think that Iron Man VE would be released in the buildup to the movie. To kind of tie it together.

Why can't they make LOTR to run on the SAM System? All they would need to do is write new code. The Iron Man VE has updated code to utilize the LED lights.

You say LOTR fans have been able to buy the game for 11 years. MM was released some 17 years ago and the remake has very high interest. Only 5,100 units were made for LOTR.

IMO, the advertising by JJP for the Hobbit has been relatively poor. To prove it, can anyone explain the difference between the LE and the standard (besides different coloring railings and legs)?

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I have ^ see above...I should probably quit posting about it though before I am as redundant as others.

Did you complain directly to JJP?

If so, what was the response?

#169 9 years ago

I think the question to ask, is, did Stern do the right thing by creating 4th models of AC/DC and Metallica?

If the answer is yes, then it's obvious that vault editions are the right answer as well.

#302 9 years ago

My STLE is #518, which I purchased back in March.

Pinballs and games is sold out of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.