Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny-891.jpg
    this.gif
    image-37.jpg
    image-388.jpg
    bml.gif
    img007.jpg
    img006.jpg
    img005.jpg
    img004.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    dingdong.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Plenty of HUO examples available for 4-5k.

I have not seen a HUO LOTR sell at 4k in over two years. I see routed versions I have no interest in go for 4.5k.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

8000 were made!

I'm going to respectfully challenge this number. Do you have a source you can reference us to? The serial numbers won't help due to the sporadic runs spread out over such a long period.

I'm going to guess to max number made is not more than 3,000 - I have nothing to base these on, just my personal speculation.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Broke the rules. You can't change quotes.

This is true TFA. Please don't modify quotes. That could get abused fast.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Mr. Pinball price guide shows the following production totals:
    LOTR - 6567
    TSPP - 5900
    spiderman - 3260

I think the numbers are on the high side honestly. What source did Mr. Pinball use (obviously we know Stern doesn't release numbers...but maybe there is another way to get a reliable source on the matter?).

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Mr. Pinball price guide shows the following production totals:
    LOTR - 6567
    TSPP - 5900
    spiderman - 3260

Thank you for siting to a source though!!!

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, it's been abused plenty. For years. Please acknowledge that this is hardly new. People changing quotes and saying "fixed it for ya!" ....fine with me if it's against the rules...because I think I should be. I won't do it again.

Yes, you are correct, it has been done many times for many years. We are trying to crack down on it, if you see it let me know.

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

So, I could buy 1 today for 5K to 6K used and it maybe nice and maybe not, that's a risk I take. Do not forget the $400 to $500 for shipping. Or I can get a LOTRVE for 5K to 6K delivered to my door with the new car smell. I'll take the LOTRVE.

Yep, this is what some here are not fully grasping I think. If you buy a used game you risk the shipping company damaging it and you pay $450 or so for the pleasure. An unboxed game shipped on the legs has greater risk than a boxed game.

Regardless, people are talking about all these 4k LOTRs you can find that are HUO. Where are they? Are they really HUO? I have my doubts many times.

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Maybe I grew up on "tougher" forums than this one where it was a more common practice.

Yea, I grew up on tougher forums as well. Try being a moderator on a forum about an college football team in the SEC . . . that is probably the most insane group of people around.

Pinside is meant to be friendly. We don't want to change people's quotes. It has been done a lot, we recognize that, it is usually always done as a joke. We are trying to enforce the rules more on it. No big deal, TFA is in good standing with all of us (he would be in better standing with me if he sold the CSI he had to someone in my area!).

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Just to clarify, is it permissible to quote only a portion of someone's entire post (i.e. quoting just the point from a post that you want to respond to)? I do that all the time to maintain readability, so I'm hoping it's permitted.

Yes. Absolutely permitted. Partial quoting is fine and in fact preferred for long posts.

#293 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more.
    I really think that Robin needs to look at this ridiculous policy of having threads closed just because the OP asks for it to be closed. Actually I'm not even sure if it is a "policy" or just something that the mods do on their own?

You are correct in that it is not a policy to automatically close the thread when requested by the OP. We are authorized to close it but not required.

Usually we will close it on request of OP if the matter appears to be resolved and people are talking bacon and boobs or if the thread has deteriorated into bickering or hopelessly left topic. We will basically always lock for FS/FT thread if OP requests.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.