Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny-891.jpg
    this.gif
    image-37.jpg
    image-388.jpg
    bml.gif
    img007.jpg
    img006.jpg
    img005.jpg
    img004.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    dingdong.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Yes, I know it's cool to lust after a 4k LOTR VE. While I understand the excitement to save 1k and get a brand spanking new machine, you won't have the same upbeat feeling when you try and sell it (and can't, because there are so many on the market). Over supply is not goodness.
    With IM, I get it. With LOTR, it makes no sense (Stern already did several reruns). Plenty of HUO examples available for 4-5k. In this instance, I hope Stern isn't listening to the Pinside Peanut Gallery.

Weird post. Where are you buying NIB pins at. I want a full featured NIB Stern at 4K too.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Why wouldn't someone pay $4500 for a NIB machine with known playability rather than a ten-year old one with unknown history?

If they do it, they should not put LEDs in it, but they likely will......That might be one reason why some people might prefer the old one, also the old LOTR has boards I can repair (new surface mount=pita) LOTR is a game that I do not like LEDs in, and I’m not an LED hater.

If they do make a new LOTR at least it will lower my chances of deciding to sell mine, saving my back, and the regret. What they should do though is sell new playfields if they improve the print quality. This would be a good faith gesture to current owners, and make me pretty happy. Thats the important part....making me happy.

#153 9 years ago

The only issue I see from Stern perspective is the previous conception/misconception that people seem to have about Sterns business model. They have rerun pros in the past, and there was never an implied or otherwise statement from Stern that they would not in the past present or future rerun a game. However, proving that games can and will be remade has and will effect the used market on Stern games, what matters to Stern is how much that will effect their ability to sell games.

BS aside, I would much prefer all efforts at Stern to be focused on completely new models, but thats Sterns business decision not mine.

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

The only issue I see from Stern perspective is the previous conception/misconception that people seem to have about Sterns business model. They have rerun pros in the past, and there was never an implied or otherwise statement from Stern that they would not in the past present or future rerun a game. However, proving that games can and will be remade has and will effect the used market on Stern games, what matters to Stern is how much that will effect their ability to sell games.
    BS aside, I would much prefer all efforts at Stern to be focused on completely new models, but thats Sterns business decision not mine.

All that said, IMHO if I had bought a LOTRLE and a few years later (regardless of designation LE PRO VE) another version came out that may be precieved as the ultimate version (true or not) because of new board sets, better cab and playfield art, ect. then I would be justifiable pissed....AKA- WOZ Ruby Red addition.

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Some WOZ LE owners have most definitely complained about that. The fanboys, not so much.

I have ^ see above...I should probably quit posting about it though before I am as redundant as others.

#276 9 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did you complain directly to JJP?
    If so, what was the response?

I did not complain to him about that specifically. But the things I have talked to him about he has responded adequately. I have nothing personally agains Jack, in fact I like him. We don’t always agree with people we like.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.