Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny-891.jpg
    this.gif
    image-37.jpg
    image-388.jpg
    bml.gif
    img007.jpg
    img006.jpg
    img005.jpg
    img004.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    dingdong.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Yes, I know it's cool to lust after a 4k LOTR VE. While I understand the excitement to save 1k and get a brand spanking new machine, you won't have the same upbeat feeling when you try and sell it (and can't, because there are so many on the market). Over supply is not goodness.
    With IM, I get it. With LOTR, it makes no sense (Stern already did several reruns). Plenty of HUO examples available for 4-5k. In this instance, I hope Stern isn't listening to the Pinside Peanut Gallery.

I agree Snaroff. People here are remarkably short sighted and self serving. They're jealous (or were) that games might be out of reach for them because of the high prices due to demand/collectibility. But they don't understand how collectibility is (or was) great for the hobby and they don't understand that flooding the market with the same old games will kill demand and kill any game being considered "special". It sucks IMO and it has killed my interest in buying any game new.

#158 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Remember - Stern games are licensed and at some point the license runs out or is unobtainable. So what, there are 1700 IMs instead of 1200. At some point it will legitimately be out of production forever…and good games will always have demand and retain their value. No need to get paranoid about it.
    The problem is people expecting a game to be "special" within a year or so of it's release. Usually collectibles have to age a bit, ya know? So - get a game now if you want it…if it's a sweet game, maybe in 10 years it'll be worth more. Even if it's worth less - it'll still retain its value more than any other electronics or gaming device.

When can a license not be renewed? I have not heard of a license being "unobtainable"? I tend to think if the value of any Stern game hits 7k or more then Stern will see an opportunity to build another 500 or a 1000 and get the license at any cost. Apparently any BW game could go the same route. As someone who enjoyed hunting down and collecting games ... it has certainly killed my interest. And yes, just as insulting is JJP's 75th anniversary edition. Ohhhh, we promised only 1000 ECLEWOZ's ... so we'll just come up with another "limited" edition. How ridiculous. And MMR? To see an MM in someone's collection was something special to see ... a real treat to see one in pristine condition and cared for. Now, some idiots come along and decide they can make a few dollars and who cares if there is an MM on every street corner. I think people are crazy paying 8k for MMR .. I wouldn't give you 7k the next day for it. It's way overvalued now.

#165 9 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

You also have to understand that Stern takes a beating when a new theme tanks. This is a smart way to save quarterly earnings from dipping into the red.
    I'm really happy Stern has taken to firing up the manufacturing line for reruns of popular titles. They get great sales, and players get great games.
    The only ones that lose out are the elitist dirtbags that think they should be the only ones enjoying these games In their collection.
    .......carbon copy formula for MMr. It's been a good year for pinball.

Yep, we're dirtbags. Collectors accounted for a huge portion of the renewed interest in pinball and the rise in pinball prices. Let's kill that ... and go back to paying ridiculous prices for NIB only to have them depreciate severely as soon as you open the box. Those were good times for pinball 14 years ago, huh? No worries ... I'm sure you're wealthy and you won't need to sell that pin for a fraction of what you paid just so you can buy another new one.

We'll see where the interest in pinball goes in 2 years and where used game prices go. Which pinball company will be first to close their doors and surrender?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening?tu=CraZ4Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.