Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny-891.jpg
    this.gif
    image-37.jpg
    image-388.jpg
    bml.gif
    img007.jpg
    img006.jpg
    img005.jpg
    img004.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    dingdong.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

I'm holding out for TRON VE. If it happens, great. If not, oh well, just wont own a Tron.

I just refuse to pay more than NIB price of a machine that is used. There are a lot of LOTR, SM, (heck) even Batman Dark Knights but when the going rate is nearly $5K I'm not interested.

For instance, I want a Batman Dark Knight. People are asking $5K plus for them. They weren't loved by the community and still really aren't but yet they are $5K plus machines. Yet, TFLE is worth $4.5K on a good day. I've just given up trying to figure out pinball pricing in the used market.

As long as Stern stays away from LE's then I'm fine with it. Get's people into machines they've wanted and those that are collecting as investments usually are/should be buying LE's anyways. To me it's a win/win but what do I know. I bought AV Pro and TFLE and went with ST Pro over MET

#41 9 years ago

I can sum it up in one way.

I know a lot more people that are happy about remakes and are planning on buying ___ if it gets done than I know people whom have decided (or are considering) not buying NIB anymore due to concerns of losses.

I understand both sides of the coin. It was nice to buy a machine, play it for a year and basically break even. Down side is that trend kept creeping up and now it got to the point where it was pushing the average person out of the market.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

For LOTR, Tron, SM and other games that offer an LE they will take a hit if Vault versions come out.
    My point is that there isnt a players and collectors market but rather one market.

Not so sure. Only way I see Tron LE taking a hit is if they do a Tron Premium with the features of the LE. Doubt that would ever happen. Another run of Pro's would doubtfully make a difference.

I could see LOTR and SM potentially taking a small hit as there isn't any game play differences but I still think SM Black would hold well. Just thinking of BIBLE and AC/DC Prem. No reason BIBLE should be worth $4K+ more as it;s the same game. But the different art and rarity drives the cost higher. I didn't really see Luci impacting BIBLE value much for instance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.