Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JoeHog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

“Or Best Offer” seems to mean something different to everyone.
    To me it means, “I want to get it sold, and am willing to negotiate a bit. Get me close. Don’t make an offensive lowball offer, and you got a deal.”
    If I don’t list the item (OBO) I might still accept a bit less, but only slightly less as I am less motivated to sell.
    And obviously (firm) means the price is the price. If I don’t get my price I won’t sell.
    HOWEVER...
    To some sellers it seems (OBO) means firm. Or perhaps firm unless they get no bites????
    Shouldn’t they list it as (firm), or at least not (OBO), and edit the listing as their intent changes????
    Ughhhhh....
    Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

I always looked at OBO as,
    If you want it now pay asking price otherwise shoot me an offer and I will consider it along with other offers, if the offer is low enough I tend to not even respond.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

To me it means, “I want to get it sold, and am willing to negotiate a bit. Get me close. Don’t make an offensive lowball offer, and you got a deal.”
    If I don’t list the item (OBO) I might still accept a bit less, but only slightly less as I am less motivated to sell.
    And obviously (firm) means the price is the price. If I don’t get my price I won’t sell.
    HOWEVER...
    To some sellers it seems (OBO) means firm. Or perhaps firm unless they get no bites????
    Shouldn’t they list it as (firm), or at least not (OBO), and edit the listing as their intent changes????
    Ughhhhh....
    Thoughts?

For a buyer they assume it means best offer under asking but it can mean an offer above asking also.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:I always looked at OBO as,
    If you want it now pay asking price otherwise shoot me an offer and I will consider it along with other offers, if the offer is low enough I tend to not even respond.

Got it.
    So if you want it, pay it.

#6 4 years ago

Sellers=Best offer OVER sale price

Buyers=Best offer UNDER sale price

#7 4 years ago

It means Xxx price, OR the Best Offer, and that may be higher or lower than Xxx price.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

HOWEVER...
    Ughhhhh....
    Thoughts?

Quoted from JonCBrand:

I always looked at OBO as,

I am usually in the camp of these two thoughts.

#9 4 years ago

It means why is this even a thread? You competing with "who wears mittens over gloves" for dumbest thread or just absolutely bored?

#10 4 years ago

Or best offer means exactly that.
    For sale ad is $1000 obo.
    Someone may feel they can offer $800, while someone else feels it's worth an offer of $1200, it sells to who made the "best offer"
    -Mike

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

It means why is this even a thread? You competing with "who wears mittens over gloves" for dumbest thread or just absolutely bored?

Was just venting.
    Gloves.
    Lighten up Francis.

#12 4 years ago

I recently had a 6 month old, 1 owner, HUO Stern game for sale, $4,900 OBO. To me, it’s the best offer that gets me close to where I want to be. Needless to say, the guy who offered $4,000 didn’t get the game. The guy who called me, discussed it with me and offered $4,600 did and I got a new friend and the community has a crazed 1st time pinball owner who’s now looking for games 3 and 4.

#13 4 years ago

How much you got?
    No, seriously....
    Seriously, how much you got?

#14 4 years ago

How much for just one rib?

#15 4 years ago

OBO has come to mean “this is up for auction” so full price offer won’t automatically get it

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

How much you got?
    No, seriously....
    Seriously, how much you got?

LOL!!!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I love when people take the time to respond like this on a forum. Really? If this annoys you so much just move on. What a dick!

#18 4 years ago

It means “I know my price is too high”.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

It means “I know my price is too high”.

LMAO!!!!

#20 4 years ago

This always cracks me up.

$5,800 Firm.

Two weeks later...

$5,600 Firm

Two weeks later...

$5,400 Firm

Ok I guess it's not really FIRM. I'll wait a few more weeks until it comes down some more.

#21 4 years ago

To me it means, Ill entertain offers if its close. Shoot me an offer and I might accept it or not. No harm done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obo-whats-it-really-mean?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.