Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago

People who put OBO in their ads are more likely than not going to end up being dishonest when all is said and done. If you list game for 6K and the best offer you receive is 4k, then you should sell it for that since it was in fact the best offer and your ad included an asking price OR BEST OFFER.

#25 2 years ago

When you advertise that you'll take "best offer" and then don't, that's stupid. Otherwise, it should be called an auction with a reserve. I realize that in reality that that's not how it really plays out, but it should. Otherwise, why say OBO if you don't really mean it? Or perhaps you should say "OBO unless you're offer is less the $X, then don't bother" or something to that effect. Otherwise, OBO means that offer is game.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m fine with any offer but I hate when people low ball you and then write an entire explanation about why that is their offer. I’ve had OBO listings where I receive numerous full price offers and then one super low one with an explanation of why it’s the best I’ll get haha.

Well, of course. A lowball offer with other and better offers was never the best offer to begin with.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

OBO is like "shopped", means different thing to different people.
    There's an OBO machine currently listed that I might be interesting in.. It's way over the typical sale price, around 15%. I'm not in a big hurry, so I'll just keep an eye on it. If the asking price was a little closer to reality, I'd be more likely to make an offer. Can't blame someone for trying to get whatever they can though.

That's it. It simply means different things to different people. The way I take it is clearly not the norm- haha. It's all pretty moot for me anyway because whenever I've sold a game, I've made sure that it was the lowest price for comparable condition around because I don't like to waste time on tire kickers. When it's time to say goodbye a game, it's time to say goodbye. I've never needed to anchor my price with OBO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obo-price?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.