Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#16 2 years ago

Not excited no, but I'll watch and hopefully be surprised.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Can’t wait to go back to tatooine.

Haha too true & nothing new with SW.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

...of course Sheldon Cooper calls Star Wars science fantasy...

Don't give him credit for that.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

I am also of the opinion that Rogue One was just sentimental garbage trying to retcon a resistance in some way. Nothing serious came out of it, and nothing lasting did either.

Rogue one had promise but ended up being such a piece of useless garbage.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

It was still more entertaining than any of the final trilogy

I really (to my shock) liked Force Awakens...of course the next ones ruined everything good aboot it so as a total Trilogy you may be right. Rogue One might even be worse than Solo...at least Ronny can relax.

1 month later
    #64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

...it’s a little weird if Vader is hanging out on Tatooine but he IS from there

Spoilers

2 weeks later
    #85 1 year ago

Seen plenty of ST4 commercials including tie-ins including Dominoes 'ordering pizza with your mind' app.
    Might have to do with how much real TV you watch; which is a lot for me.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

They're probably going to cancel it soon....

Where do you come up with this shit?

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems like we get a TON of ads on the streams (e.g. Peacock,Hulu, etc)

Do you get a ton of ads for shows on other streaming services?

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

...ZOMG GUYS GIRLS CANT BE IN STAR WARS.

Just not have purple hair

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Well.....
    that sucked....
    uggggggg
    nahhhh Good.
    Damn

Well that was in fact pretty bad.
    I guess we have a slow child chase to look forward to every episode

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

... Really feels like a continuation of the prequel trilogy more than the excellent Mando series....

It really does feel like episode 1; so I'll give them that. Bad writing, annoying little kids, stupid looking bad guys etc
    I think Gen X might start being phased out here and were heading towards Millennial memberberries

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Watched both again.
    Still not real impressed...
    Leah is SUPER annoying and WAY too much of her
    3rd Sister sucks......
    Obi IS getting the "LUKE" treatment. Turn a blind eye..... fk it...... it's over....
    B.S.
    Not impressed...
    Damn.... Wanted to like this.....

Don't forget strange use of shaky cam for some reason.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Have you guys actually been around real kids? They're annoying and irrational.

Yeah, TV is my escape

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The third sister is the most irritating character to me.

Yeah I'm not impressed by her either. So that's at least 2 out of the 3 main characters that I cant stand; and frankly Ewan was never a great Obi anyway. And can we put Jimmy Smits in the ground yet? Good lord.

Quoted from Defil8de:

But definitely be on the lookout for the "Lil Leia and Friends" spinoff show coming soon...

HA!

#134 1 year ago

The problem with stories around kids is kids usually can;t act, and they bring everyone down with them.
    I mean seriously, that "chase" scene in the woods was just fucking tragic. But I guess that's editing...but probably the best they could do.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Did the people making this series even watch the original trilogy?

Yes.
    EDIT: Sadly to them "the original trilogy" is Episodes 1-3

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Going to keep this simple, this show is awful.

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I would hate to read what the rejected scripts looked like.

Probably better actually; like I assume the original Rogue 1 was.

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Aww man. Is this Boba Fett all over again or worse?

Boba wasn't liked early because people thought he was a pussy.
    This is much worse
    Production values are much bigger than Boba though.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I think it's wrong to say she is a bad actress when the script and so much else is clearly inferior.

Well, SW is famous for having shitty writing since day 1 so nothing diff'rent there.

Quoted from JakeFAttie:

in the end, all that comes down to the director.

I dont know if thats really true. Directkr doesn't write it & if the actor sucks you can only do so much. Directing & editing connection for a production like this i dont know either.

Episode 3 better...although somehow more insulting.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

...I say all this as someone who has a little experience with filmmaking.

I don't know how much power they give to people. With Marvel properties EVERYTHING is laid out before hand to an amazing degree.
    Of course they let Rodriquez do whatever shit show he wanted with Boba so maybe so

Lets all agree that whomever comes up with a wall of fire being enough to stop DV is a big part of the problem And those tunnels...ah I ah...I don't even know what to say.

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

He's not worried about not getting him, he's just taking his time.

He sure seemed interested 10 minutes earlier when he literally said catching Kenobi was the only thing that mattered
    But they dont have a good memory in this show. Lil Leiah is the fastest kid in 4 systems outrunning everyone but then can't get thru a tunnel with a 7 minute had start?

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

He already has him at this point....so time to enjoy torturing him. Otherwise he could have just killed Kenobi right away, but where is the fun in that. I don't know, just the way I took it... Plus, who is helping Kenobi, where has he been, are there other Jedi...lots of reasons to torture him and not just kill him.

Yeah I'm saying use force pull you just used 2 minutes again to capture him for more torture. I think what made it worse is it was late so I had captioning on so I had to read the stormtroopers dialog.
    "Oh its too hot."
    "We cant get around."
    "Were stuck on this side of the flames etc etc"
    Good lord

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL typical Stormtrooper geniuses

Another "Nyuk nyuk nyuk" moment indeed. How has Vader not crushed all their wind pipes.
    Good work is hard to find...expecially when you need like 4 billion employees

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

What bullshit. Way back when Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney, I applauded it and said we were going to get some quality stories and entertainment.
    I could have not have been more wrong...….

Ha, you got Mando, more than Lucas would give us.

#189 1 year ago

Why are you guys taking on a forum ill post a nerdy meme.
    Blah blah

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from HFK:

Okay, so it's just to have something to bitch about on the internet. Carry on.

Well we were all hoping to like it; but here we are. Mando was awesome, Boba was good, so at least I thought this could be decent. Sure I could just shut up aboot it but what's the fun in that.
    You may be looking for the other Disney/SW thread that's all aboot how Kathleen Kennedy's breasts ruined their childhoods; we're doing a somewhat decent job of staying out of that territory. Most of us anyway.

#247 1 year ago

Those speeders looked even smaller than normal...but that whole sequence was pure garbage

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Knight Rider is even worse. Only old show that I can stand to watch is Fantasy Island.

Whenever j run into a Buck Rodgers episode I'm pretty impressed. No wonder it blew my mind as a kid

Quoted from Elicash:

Its quiet in here. Did Episode 5 silence the haters? Or maybe they already gave up on it.

Fell asleep to weird Heyden Christianson face, and when I woke up over the top Force Powers were going down so I'll have to get to it again ASAP.

#306 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

...Vader uses the force to stop the transport ship from lifting off...

Why didn't he just do that for the snowspeeders in Ep4?

#309 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Like, why did he fry all his electronics to toss the Emperor down the shaft when he could've just flicked him in there with his mind from a safe distance away?

To a point of course, but he never displayed the ability to affect that much using the Force (eXpecially vs a Sith head-doucher). He crushed some windpipes & threw some boxes and shit, but I don't think he ever just fucking jacked someone up using force grab...that came later (I think?).

#326 1 year ago

I have a theory that a lot (not all!) of the complaints about the current batch of Star Wars content stem from rosy retrospection.
    For example, stormtroopers have always been like human tissue paper. Can you say, "Ewoks"?

Oh there's no doubt nostalgia plays a huge part in it; But Obi VS. Mando is an easy decision so it's not strictly that.

But yes Stormtroopers have always been useless. And the more you up the ante the worse it gets, now we're looking at 50 Stormtroopers that cant shoot as opoosed to 20; it's so much more recockulus.

#329 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why didn't he do that to the Falcon in Empire Strikes Back?

Much older and weaker is a guess. HE seems to be at the height of his raging powers.

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Lucas started the rediculousness over 20 years ago tho
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Disney just took it way way way too far.
    [quoted image]

Believe me I'm in the "Lucas ruined it" since day 1. Personally I LOVED Force Awakens. Member-berries perfectly done; then the next one purposely ahit all over it.

#338 1 year ago

Give me a Zorii Bliss show.

Back when Rogue One came out, I was excited about the possibility of different genre stories set within the Star Wars universe.

So was I but the screwed the pooch so hard.

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

*but* I'll let you know when I see anything in Kenobi that's as stupid as Han yelling at the top of his lungs while running down a hallway and around a blind corner...

Um, did you see the parts where Vader stopped, toyed with, and then ripped a part a Troop Transport spaceship with his mind but couldn't drag Obi 3 feet over some coals?

#348 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

...Your guess is as good as mine as to why he didn't, but it sure wasn't because he couldn't.

Ha so you're expecting a "look back" montage of the reason he could've bit didn't coming up? Might actually happen with this show.

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Different planets allow you to wield the force to varying strengths. Duh!

Planet gravitational force on the medichlorides of course!

#374 1 year ago

Hot garbag finale. My internet to Disney crashed with 8 minutes to go.

Thank you.

#387 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think that as time passes, all people will really remember about this show are the Kenobi/Anakin moments...

Well it was the only watchable parts.
    It will probably be remembered for lightsaber fights in the dark & boosted force powers.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

...They are still playing this we're bros nonsense. ...

Totally.
    "Then my old friend really is gone."

Umm...no shit dude what more did you need?

Also, I guess i never noticed how shitty Vader is with a lightsaber. Outmatched by everyone he faced.

#394 1 year ago

Old lame force powers are for boomer & X'rs; Fights gotta be like Dr. Strange these days and palms and hind jive.
    Vaders ripping a troop transport apart is...well...fucking awesome! But the force escalation that comes after it is totally overblown.

#397 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

We need more rocks to move dammit!!

Seriously. Why would the Dark Side take the time to kill *puke in my mouth* younglings when they could force them to use their mind to build more death stars? C'mon guys. Work smarter not eviler.

#399 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Little Leia can do anything and everything but Luke is a worthless goober.

Now now; blame Lucas. Before getting the force this is exactly the way it was.

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

The horrid writing:
    So Vader stabs Reva through the spine then just leaves and Reva then crawls over to the communication device and sees Bail say tatooine and then she what, crawls to her ship, flys to tatooine, lands, walks to the market, asks where Owen is then it gets dark while she walked out to the moisture farm ALL while Vader's star destroyer is still chasing the transport ship while blasting it? wtf.

I feel like we should wait to heR her medichloriad level before saying she couldn't survive a severed spine?

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

so glad it's over. hopefully this thread will end soon too.

"Theres much more to be done"

Or whatever the hell he said

1 week later
    #437 1 year ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

Lando is the man. hes my hero. the show is a bait and switch. should be about Obi wan. I forget the girls name. shes a terrible character. terrible actress in my opinion. the show revolves around her. she sucks big time. Why does she want to kill luke?? what a plot hole!! on a side note child Leia is also a joke. [Removed] John Favreau should be the only one allowed to touch star wars aside from George lucas.
    No more purple haired dikes and diversity quotas pleaseeeeeeee

Bwahaha. Once again, all the shit people complain aboot but still the fucking purple hair! little kids walking around with purple hair everywhere i go but this was like the most offensive thing for the woke/broke crowd. So weird.

2 weeks later
    #483 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Do you mean the most watched in total day and prime time news network in 2022?

Thats the one. I always watch it whilst listening to Ed Sheerin. You know hes good because he has the best selling album.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.