Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The amount of nostalgia milking is insane. These franchises are going to be like a cow milked so thoroughly that it is just a skeleton with skin stretched across the bones.

I've also seen this comic strip.

0pmhcznm7o011 (resized).png0pmhcznm7o011 (resized).png
    2 months later
    #117 1 year ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Ewan Mcgregor was great as always, but found the kid to be extremely annoying. Not thrilled about the actress playing Reva. Feels like they could have cast someone a little more menacing.

I agree. This show is a real mixed bag with acting. You've got some great talent next to some really bad actors. I'm also not a fan of all these cameo appearances. It just makes it feel like the Hollywood crowd is giving special parts to all their friends. It's hard to be immersed when you see these goofy people show up and change the tone of the show for a bit. This fake jedi character had the shortest, most nonsensical character arc in the entire franchise. Also... Needles from bttf is now a space criminal. Cool.

#140 1 year ago

The third sister actress is really bad, but I guess you're not allowed to say that. They even had Ewan McGregor put out a video calling people racists for criticizing her. I will say that she's not as bad as Hayden Christensen in the prequels, but that's not saying much. I wanted to like this show but it feels like it was built from a checklist. Makes you wonder if those original scripts they threw out were actually interesting and they just couldn't have that.

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I think it's wrong to say she is a bad actress

She is a bad actress... Or at the very least she's terribly miscast in this role. The whole show is a mess so there's plenty to complain about, but I think in a show where you do see some very good actors, the bad acting is especially noticeable. I think some people are frustrated because as soon as you level some fair criticism, the race card gets thrown out and then everyone starts praising the actress as being amazing when really she's pretty awful.

But Star Wars has rarely been known for great acting. It's better known for having very charismatic characters like Han Solo or Lando, or many others. This Third Sister character lacks charisma, even for a villain. And there's no interesting texture like you get with Darth Vader, Palpatine, Darth Maul, Dooku, or even some of the Imperial officers. It's just a moody chick awkwardly saying lines.

But Hayden Christensen is still the worst Star Wars actor.

1 week later
    #243 1 year ago

I'm actually impressed by how each episode has been worse than the one before it. I think I'm done. Disney+ as a whole is falling off a cliff.

#262 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Vote with your wallet.

If you want to see some interesting stuff happening behind the scenes at Disney, you can read about how the current CEO is firing executives who are considered potential replacements as speculation about his contract not being renewed gains momentum. Sounds pretty toxic in the magic kingdom.

1 week later
    #421 1 year ago

I recently watched Severance from Apple TV around the same time I was watching kenobi (before I gave up on it). It occurred to me that really good shows have me eager to watch the next episode, and that is exactly the opposite of how I felt with kenobi. I felt like "Ugh... I still have to sit through three more episodes of this to see what happens." At no point was I eager to watch the next episode. I only felt like it was something to get through. I stopped in the middle of episode four because I just plainly wasn't enjoying it and there were other shows (like Severance) that actually had my interest.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.