Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#119 1 year ago

This series is REALLLLLLLLLY supporting my obsession that “The Other” Yoda mentioned in ESB is NOT Leia.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Wasn't the quote "There is ANOTHER"?

I mean if you’re splitting hairs about the script yes but if you reference it out of context wouldnt you just say other? Like “I wonder who the other is?”

#143 1 year ago

This is rough but I think I’m done with Star Wars after seeing that lame ass encounter between Obi-wan and Vader. We are seeing Vader in his absolute prime and THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE FINALLY CATCHES KENOBI?!!!!!! That lightsaber battle was lamer than the one in a New Hope. Couple downward love taps…. Surprised they didn’t sprinkle in a couple pointless spin moves.
    3 shows out of 6 and I’m starting to feel the same way I did halfway through The Last Jedi. Disney needs to just quit.

Oh and left with a cliff hanger of Leia being chased

#162 1 year ago

I watch Star Wars YouTube channels all week long. I never have organically came across someone upset about whatever the buzz issue is. I’m always TOLD “everyone’s upset about (enter race/gender) in Star Wars” and it’s always about a weak shallow character that has a lame role or sucks at acting. Then it’s backed by these SJW accounts that didn’t exist last week with screenshots of like 4 tweets from literal nobodies. It’s always the same song and dance with Disney Star Wars. So annoying. The 3rd Sister is a lame character played by someone who isn’t doing it justice with her acting.
    You better like her character no matter what and don’t you question anything or point anything out that says otherwise or you’re a racist misogynist pig.

#203 1 year ago

Season 2 confirmed
    Reva was supposed to be killed off but the ending is now changed to keep her alive and the complete 6 episode story is now opened up to allow more money.
    I mean more story…

This is either going to be horrible or REALLY horrible

Hope I’m wrong

#215 1 year ago

Call me sir?
    Leia 100% knows he’s Obiwan so A New Hope has a new plot hole it didn’t need.
    Even probe droids miss their shot from 10ft away?
    This is so f’n dumb.
    I’m so sick of the “Leia and Friends” show. They were smart to avoid showing any of what this show was actually about in the trailers.
    So far its a 10 crappy things to 1 kind of cool thing ratio.

What a dud.

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I really enjoyed 4 it was suspenseful and entertaining. I have learned to overlook the nitpickers and ignore criticism. Not much content being made currently that peaks my interest, can't wait till next week. This series is growing on me now

I wish I could see it that way, im jealous of people that can watch this crap and be happy, youre probably going to live longer. Meanwhile Im stuck over here seeing a horrible show pissed off at the world again because Disney is destroying another amazing opportunity with Star Wars.

#224 1 year ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Why is there a plot hole in A New Hope? She sends a message to him asking him to take the droid to Alderaan.... she also never actually interacts with him, she is in her cell, and he is shutting down the tractor beam, then dies fighting Vader.

How would any person who has ever watched Star Wars ask this?...
    The whole way that she reaches out to him now doesnt make sense, go back and watch a new hope and try to tell me that the ask for help as it is in the movie now makes any sense after watching the new show. (You know, the WHOLE ENTIRE KICK OFF TO THE SAGA)

In the movie shes like "Hey guy I never met and I only heard rumors of your existence from my dads old stories, I hope youre alive and are real because we need you."

After this show it would be like "Obiwan its me Leia you know that girl you saved like 15 times from the empire 8 years ago, well get your light saber cause I got a doozie for you."

#233 1 year ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Wow... here is the message:
    "General Kenobi. Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope. "

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You are reading WAY too much into the R2 message. She sends a formal greeting to a former general in the rebel army, and calls him by his proper name (ie not “Ben”). At no time does she give away that she either does not does not know him, AND she never meets him in the first movie.
    Now I want to go back and see how upset she is when he gets killed LOL. We all know this is a retcon and it’s not making the show any better, but this take is an unearned assumption.

Theres a lot of really trying to shoe horn in this Leia relationship.
    If you want to drink the Disney Writer's Kool Aid and act like for the last almost 50 years we were supposed to know from the get go that Leia knew who Obiwan was then you go ahead and enjoy that world.
    She never met Obiwan prior to this new show existing, if she did why would she start a message off to an old friend with a back story that is completely redundant, regardless if its formal. She could careless that he died in a New Hope. The whole point of her even bringing up him knowing her father was a way for her to explain who she was to make the request legit.
    A month ago if you asked anyone in the world, hey did Leia know Obiwan personally, 100% of your answer would be "No, she was going to find him and things went south"
    Even when Luke bails her out and says hes there with "Ben Kenobi" her reaction is not like "Oh my old friend, thats great!" its more like "Ben Kenobi?!!! Hes real???? Take me to him!"

Just another example of Disney not thinking it through.

#237 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Yes, maybe. But it could also be interpreted that this is a peer of her father and said father is the one actually in charge and asking for help. She would keep it formal. She is a princess. But yes, if they had all these adventures and she is under attack while making message on R2 for Obi-Wan, she would have just said “Obi- it’s me Leia. Dad needs you.”
    During escape, she doesn’t ask if he is real. She asks “Where is he?”

I know she doesnt ask if hes real its an embellished point its in her body language and reaction. Just adding to the point that they are complete strangers.

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Her reaction "Ben Kenobi, where is he?!" is completely believable in that she might have known him from before. Plus Luke calls him "Ben" which I always took to mean she knows him informally as well

Can we all at least agree that “Ben Kenobi” is probably the laziest alias ever.
    I feel like when Luke hears his name the line might as well have been:
    “Obi-wan Kenobi?…. I wonder if she means OBI-WAN Kenobi?…”

#251 1 year ago

I know it’s impossible for pinsiders to watch YouTube videos more than 30 seconds long but I’m gonna risk it like a death save in an IFPA tourney.

This is a good summation of how awful the writing is.

This guy does a great job of calling out Disney on all the crap they pull with Star Wars.

I know my 4 or 5 downvoters wont watch it but for those that see through the crap of what this show is, it’s nice seeing someone else articulate it like they do.

Can’t wait for the next mess they release this Wednesday

#254 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, I'm not going to watch that. Both of those channels are just bitching all the time. I'm not going to give them views.

1DA873BA-C2CE-46B5-AACD-C64D6094C258.jpeg1DA873BA-C2CE-46B5-AACD-C64D6094C258.jpeg

It’s one thing to just bitch to bitch but if all the points you make are legit it’s not really bitching its more like a review of how awful something is.

#269 1 year ago

Married with Children is a TV show
    Obi-Wan is part of Star Wars
    Theres a different weight to it

#289 1 year ago

Thank god for that episode I was seriously about to quit Star Wars.

After 4 episodes of 15-30% it felt pretty damn good to see a show that I would grade as an 85%

#301 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Its quiet in here. Did Episode 5 silence the haters? Or maybe they already gave up on it.
    I thought it was a fantastic episode. Loved the Darth Vader scenes and how the Reva story instantly is upgraded with her plot twist.
    A little disappointed ep 6 will be last episode as now I feel like story is just picking up. But I did read final episode is like hour and 40 minutes.

Hater here.
    5 was definitely a major improvement, there are still a few things I wish they wouldnt have added. For example it makes sense that Vader wouldve had the clairvoyance to know who Reva was but what doesnt make sense is he knew it all along, and for her to just throw that information around about knowing Anakin is Vader is way too loose cannon for Vader to allow and he has killed people who even slightly pick up on it. So why would he just let her do her thing like that? The only 3 people prior to New Hope that knew were Thrawn, Tarkin, and Ol' Palppy Boy. Something to think about.

Im sick of 100 storm troopers being 10 ft away from a crowd of 30 and no one gets shot, except like 2 people, its getting unreal.
    And they are really dialing back on how light sabers truly work, in one moment Reva cuts through 3 ft of steel with no effort but when Obi-wan is mowing down storm troopers they just have little burn marks on their chest? There should be heads and limbs laying all over the place.
    And THANK GOD LEIA WAS ABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH SHIELDS.... really? 10 year old sheltered Princess knows how to do this crap, she must be an amazing Pinball Tech on location.
    And WHYYYYYYYYYY would Vader just leave Reva for dead and not just blink his eyes to literally tear her in half vertically???

BUT, its stupid stuff like that in this episode which is why I agree that this one was a major improvement over the previous 4 because the list of issues in the previous significantly outweigh the good.

Seeing the flashback was great
    Seeing Vader force pull a ship out of flight and tear it to shreds was great
    Seeing that chick from Game of Thrones die was great

Im wondering where this thing with Reva is going with her picking up on trying to hide children from vader, im glad she doesnt know that they are HIS kids but i can see how Disney would screw this up so im holding my breath.

#312 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You & I are on the exact same page. I’m sorry but this episode was weak AF overall.
    All the Vader moments kicking serious ass? The flashback? Just outstanding. Been waiting 5 episodes for this stuff, which should have been featured the whole damn show. But it didn’t save the episode.
    The writing is just unbelievably poor. Disney is just totally taking the audience for granted. All the characters are doing things that are improbable. The Indian scammer guy just appears in the bunker? How convenient! Mary Sue Little Leia is also the galaxy’s best engineer? Of course she is! Untrained citizens wipe out a legion of Stormtroopers in close quarter combat. Obiwan surrenders, put in cuffs, dragged away for some reason, and you guessed it…..yet another easy escape! The big 3rd sister twist? Everyone saw that coming, even Vader for some unexplained reason!
    Speaking of the unexplained….so lightsaber stabs through the gut mean absolutely nothing now? You just need “revenge” to dark side force heal your wounds now? Well that’s a new one. Maul surviving Episode 1 was a pretty big one-time exception. But I guess Revenge healing worked for the Grand Inquisitor. Guess what? It’s going to work for the 3rd sister by Episode 6 too. Give me a break. Introducing force healing in TLJ was one of the dumbest ideas Disney ever introduced. Now it’s become a maguffin so no character ever has to die. And Vader “has no further use” for her, yet he doesn’t kill her after she turned on him? Yeah that’s not out of Vader’s character. Dumb dumb dumb.
    Did you notice at the end Ice Cube’s kid told Obiwan their escape ship’s hyperdrive is down, and “they are behind us”. Well they should be easy for Vader’s flagship to blast into bits. Or maybe we’ll get another “out of gas” chase. Or who cares anymore. The writers sure don’t care.
    IDK how the finale will go. But I’m willing to guess the last scene is Quai Gons ghost connecting with Obiwan with a warning….. you’re not out of danger yet Obiwan! Then cut to a shot of Darth Maul in his ship smiling. Obiwan will return in 2024 for season 2!!!

#342 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I rewatched Episode 5 yesterday while I was working & I caught something I didn't the first viewing...
    Based on how the 3rd Sister/Vader fight was edited, you can see that not only was she stabbed in the gut by Vader, but she was ALSO stabbed in the gut by Anakin when she was a youngling at the Jedi Temple. That's just completely ridiculous that anyone could survive a lightsaber to the gut, especially a barely trained child, and the fact that she did it TWICE.
    The writers on this show need their heads examined.
    The writing logic gets even more twisted after she uses vengeance to survive the first wound. She decides to avenge her slain Jedi friends by joining the Inquisitors to get closer to Vader. In the process, she ends up killing countless Jedi & innocent civilians over the years. Yeah that makes sense. End justifies the means right?
    What a stupid story & poorly written character. The people involved with this show should never get a crack at a second season.
    [quoted image]

That’s why I was saying in an earlier post that I’m jealous of people who can watch this crap and enjoy it because if you watch an episode and then literally just do something as simple as

say out loud what you just watched

it’s the stupidest shit on TV.

#402 1 year ago

This is a great recap of the series!

HoakyPoaky Charles_Kline i know you guys will get a chuckle out of this one

2 weeks later
    #446 1 year ago
    #449 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ha. Well that didn't even last a day. Links already taken down. No way Disney was going to allow that to be distributed.

I knew I should’ve downloaded it instead just watching it. If anyone downloaded it please let me know.

#451 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I didn't see it either. I'm sure a download link will pop up somewhere again, since there are copies floating around.

He did the best he could with what he had. Significant better usage of music. Tons of stupid crap cut. I actually could tolerate Reva’s purpose of being a character - barely. Altered the light saber duels a little to make for better scenes.
    Disney is such a joke

1 week later
    #474 1 year ago

Anyone else watch the Kai Patterson edit yet?

#477 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, I do have to admit it does seem to streamline the story, but I do not agree that wholesale removal of characters/storylines equals wholesale “improvement”. I can watch Fox News for bullshit analysis like that

If that’s your take away then I’m calling bullshit on you actually watching it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.