Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#156 1 year ago

I’m a huge SW fan, with Mando being my favorite so far.

I’m enjoying the Obi-Wan series and I’m learning to like young Leia, but whoever is putting together the action scenes needs to go back to the basic “that defines logic” school.

How did that one female rebel get past the 3rd sister while going down a one way tunnel? Speaking of which, how did the third sister get past Leia, had enough time to kill the rebel pilot and still capture Leia?

It’s hard for me to watch knowing some of the behind the scenes drama that Disney is trying to force on the fans while pushing their woke agenda. I heard Disney and/or Ewan McGregor told the actress playing the 3rd sister that most SW fans are racist and to ignore their tweets and remarks even before the pilot episode aired. It sounds like they’re telling the actress we’re going to hate her already because she’s black and not because of her acting or anything else. If it’s true, SW fans have always allowed diversity characters in their universe. Lando is a crowd favorite, along with James Earl Jones voicing Darth Vader, has been with the fan base for over 45 years, not including the countless diverse characters in Rogue One and the newest Prequels.

Give it a rest Disney!

2 weeks later
    #376 1 year ago

I agree 100% with what Hoakey said, especially with the end fight with Vader and Obi-Wan. The scene with Vader's mask practically cut off with the light saber strike was awesome and Vader's line of him already killing Anakin put everything back in perspective. Still, if I was Obi-Wan I would have somehow destroyed Vader's ship (or take it and destroy the other) and left Vader stranded there.

At the end of the day I still enjoyed the series and a whole lot more than I enjoyed Boba (minus the train heist and Boba finally get his Slave 1 ship back and getting revenge on those desert pirates...that was cool) Sometimes I find myself judging a show by the number of action figures I collect from it. I found myself only buying Boba and his female assassin from the show because the rest of the characters just didn't interest me at all, especially the ones driving the multicolor Disney park ride scooters (vomiting) I think the reason why Mando is a greater series because he's such a new character and they could do anything they want with him since no one knows Mando like they know Obi-Wan and Boba, living his life in our SW universe while introducing us to new, interesting characters (Greef, Cara Dune, Moff Gideon, Grogu, etc) Being a HUGE Star Wars fan, it would still take a lot more for me to say I at least didn't find something enjoyable in these new series.

I actually didn't mind the 3rd sister. I mean, she looked cool and I think there could be more of a character development. After all, I recall when Ahsoka first came on scene everybody bashed her and she ended up being one of the best characters in the "newest" SW franchise. But when Disney and Ewan told the actress that she should be prepared for the hatred of SW fans because most of us are "racist" and is going to dog her acting and her character for that sole reason only even before the pilot episode aired, I couldn't help but put her and her character she was portraying under the microscope because of those words. They can say what they want, but the color of the skin doesn't effect my decision if I like the character or not. Heck, I even bought the action figure of the 3rd sister even before the show was aired, so bite me Disney! I liked these Sith characters (vindicators) and she reminded me alot of the 2nd sister portrayal in the video game Fallen Jedi, which is an excellent game.

Maybe it's just me, but I really thought the special effects scenes (especially the ship flying scenes) looked bad in the last episode, at least not to SW standards. Something like special effects on a rushed television show and just didn't look right to me. Who knows, maybe I'm just being too picky.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-?tu=Indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.