Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

So am I the only one who's excited for this?

#5 2 years ago
    q23sjnoedtk81 (resized).jpgq23sjnoedtk81 (resized).jpg
    #8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

If that kid is a young Luke, gotta say that Tatooine desert sure does age Obi-Wan quickly..

Two suns = twice the aging.

If Luke is around 10 here and Ewan McGregor is 50, and Luke was 19-20 in the original Star Wars, then that actually makes McGregor only a few years younger than Alec Guinness in relation. I guess not everyone is a winner in the gene lottery.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Alec Guinness was 63 in 1977.

Right, so McGregor would be around 60 when Luke is that age.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Set your expectations low. Did ya see Boba Fettskis? Lower expectations = enjoyment.

I know, I know. I try not to read too much about an upcoming show because I like to discover it as I watch instead of having everything spoiled ahead of time, but I've seen a few things that have upped my excitement meter for this one.

1. A single director for the series (Deborah Chow, who directed two season 1 episodes of The Mandalorian). Should help avoid some of the inconsistency that I felt Boba Fett suffered from.

2. No Robert Rodriguez.

3. Ewan McGregor seems damn excited about revisiting the role.

4. John Williams theme song!!

5. No Robert Rodriguez.

1 month later
    #59 1 year ago

New trailer today! I haven't watched it because trailers have become way too spoilery for my tastes (I've been avoiding Dr. Strange trailers too), but happy Star Wars Day to those who aren't as picky about such things.

2 weeks later
    #79 1 year ago

We leave for vacation that night.

I'm pretty sure my daughter would rather miss our flight than miss the premiere(s) of Obi-Wan.

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Might have to do with how much real TV you watch; which is a lot for me.

I think that's probably it. I've actually seen a decent amount of buzz about Stranger Things, but no advertising because we only stream.

#101 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I’m watching the first episode at the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim in 1 hour and 32 minutes! Special early showing!

I am incredibly jealous.

#105 1 year ago

Gonna watch episode one while I'm home from work at lunch, otherwise my daughter might explode.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

No spoilers. It was amazing!!!! You’re in for a freaking treat.
    [quoted image]

Episode one gets a big, spoiler-free thumbs-up from me! It must have been extra special watching that in the presence of the creators.

Here's the kicker: we're going to be in Anaheim tomorrow and Sunday. BUT it's a stopover on a trip to Hawaii with extended family, so we feel like we probably shouldn't abandon them to run off and do Star Wars crap. The more I see about the happenings at Celebration, however, the less strongly I feel about that...

2 weeks later
    #300 1 year ago
    Quoted from HFK:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Can I preorder tickets yet?

Looking forward to a rewatch of episode 5. I can't say that the "twist" really came as much of a surprise, but seeing Vader go nuts with his Force powers was awesome.

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why didn't he just do that for the snowspeeders in Ep4?

Couldn't you say that about a lot of things in Star Wars though, when you think about it? Like, why did he fry all his electronics to toss the Emperor down the shaft when he could've just flicked him in there with his mind from a safe distance away?

#320 1 year ago

I have a theory that a lot (not all!) of the complaints about the current batch of Star Wars content stem from rosy retrospection.

For example, stormtroopers have always been like human tissue paper. Can you say, "Ewoks"?

WnoPDJ.gifWnoPDJ.gif

The first movie I clearly remember seeing in a theater is Empire Strikes Back. So I'm as nostalgic for Star Wars as anybody, it having been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. If I go back and watch the original trilogy today, however, I can see that it suffers from a lot of the same issues that people tend to complain about in a show like Obi-Wan. But because the original trilogy sits high on a pedestal of fond memory, people tend to remember it as more perfect than it was. Hell, watch the OG movies with someone who's never seen them and doesn't have that nostalgic connection to them, and they'll gladly tell you just how imperfect they are.

Except for Empire, of course. Empire can do no wrong and if you claim otherwise I will fight you in the parking lot.

#323 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That said, I’ve warmed up quite a bit to the animated series - those really are quite good. No, not every episode, but the ones I’m looking back on retroactively; they are worth your time.

Oh absolutely, I still think the Clone Wars series is some of the best content -- and Ahsoka is the most well-developed character -- in all of Star Wars.

#337 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Member-berries

Say what now?

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm ready for Andor. Grounded. Underworld. Espionage. Spies. Enough with the spectacle.

Back when Rogue One came out, I was excited about the possibility of different genre stories set within the Star Wars universe. It's a big universe; not everything needs to center around the Jedi and/or characters we already know.

1 month later
    #467 1 year ago

Ugh.

Mods, please feel free to lock this one up if it's going to degenerate into lunatics parroting "WOKE!!!" at the walls.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-?tu=EternitytoM83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.