Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#87 1 year ago

ST got renewed for a 5th and final season.

1 week later
    #128 1 year ago

Not that bad, loved the setting of the second episode.

Have you guys actually been around real kids? They're annoying and irrational.

The third sister is the most irritating character to me.

#171 1 year ago

I haven't seen ep3 yet. I came to the epiphany a few years ago that it's really cool to have all of this star wars content. A lot of it is at least really fun to experience once. If it's not, it's fun to blow off with some of your traditionalist buddies afterwards.

It blows me away that when I was a youngster I expected there to be nothing more than the original trilogy. Such despair. So much desire. Such a large and interesting galaxy unexplored. Here we are years later and we're complaining that the TV EPISODE of ONE of MULTIPLE Star Wars series isn't quite up to original trilogy quality standards.

Meanwhile, my kids are absolutely enamored.

I can't believe I'm actually behind on Star Wars content at this stage in my life. I'll check out Obi-Wan ep3 on Sunday when the family can take a minute, but if that sucks we still have a whole bunch of Clone Wars seasons that apparently are pretty neat until the next series or movie pops up. It's not that I love everything, it's just that there's enough cool stuff to ignore the shitty stuff. Plus I get to have some fun discussions with my kids about the best villians/heroes/scenes/stories in the meantime.

#231 1 year ago

Spoilers.

I'm still trying to be positive... my kids like it, and it's way more enjoyable than the other shit they watch. The writing is bad, and the acting is bad. The set pieces have been cool, but I wish there was more time spent in that futuristic cityscape.

The biggest issue I think (and I also thought this with mando) is that they try to encapsulate an entire story into an episode. We don't need there to be a capture AND rescue in every episode. If captured Leia is part of this, then fine, make that her arc, but you can't expect to pull that off every episode. What we get then is some really lame escapes. Vader and his troopers getting stopped by the fire he had just put out, in an area that didn't look to be especially bottlenecked. Speeders coming at the exact moment they were needed, and targeting only baddies while pulling off maneuvers never used before. Tie fighters we had shots of from the base were never scrambled to pursue a single planetside speeder.

It's a shame it's so lazy and uninspired. I didn't have high expectations to start, and McGregor's Kenobi has never been a very interesting character to me. I'm still hoping that there's a darker series on the horizon. The one I've been most excited about was the Squadrons series. The space battles are some of my favorite SW moments.

I think this is some of my favorite SW content since the original trilogy. It's so well done, and it was created for just a video game:

1 week later
    #349 1 year ago

Was there even AI used in that Anakin model? It just looked like old Anakin to me. When they first started those scenes, I actually thought it might be some alternate reality Anakin (or ObiWan) were daydreaming about.

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:Well it was the only watchable parts.
    It will probably be remembered for lightsaber fights in the dark & boosted force powers.

HDR was really the best part about this series

They really love the force push and slide hold maneuver, but not as much as rocks.

#413 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

so glad it's over. hopefully this thread will end soon too.

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gifstar-wars-luke-skywalker.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.