Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

The horrid writing:
    So Vader stabs Reva through the spine then just leaves and Reva then crawls over to the communication device and sees Bail say tatooine and then she what, crawls to her ship, flys to tatooine, lands, walks to the market, asks where Owen is then it gets dark while she walked out to the moisture farm ALL while Vader's star destroyer is still chasing the transport ship while blasting it? wtf.
    Also, since when is ship shields a thing in Star Wars?
    Sure some droids had shields but I don't think a junky old transport ship ever had shields in SW before. (Hoth evacuation: transport ships were being destroyed left and right)

Shields have always been a key thing in Star Wars. Ships of all size. Falcon had deflector “screens” (I think that’s what Han called them)

#402 1 year ago

This is a great recap of the series!

HoakyPoaky Charles_Kline i know you guys will get a chuckle out of this one

#403 1 year ago

Horrid writing:

Obi Wan and Leia escape in the automated cargo ship (that somehow wasn't also shut down) and Reva chases them right to the door as it closes subway train style, it then takes off and slowly (as Obi wan even says) flies to wherever, meanwhile Reva just stands there as it takes off yelling at the sky, doesn't get to a ship to follow or call a ship to blow it up, just watches it leave. wth.

#404 1 year ago

The horrid writing:
    So Vader stabs Reva through the spine then just leaves and Reva then crawls over to the communication device and sees Bail say tatooine and then she what, crawls to her ship, flys to tatooine, lands, walks to the market, asks where Owen is then it gets dark while she walked out to the moisture farm ALL while Vader's star destroyer is still chasing the transport ship while blasting it? wtf.

Don't forget also that her connection to the force was strong enough to survive Vader, but she was befuddled by the boxes Owen kicked at her.

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Don't forget also that her connection to the force was strong enough to survive Vader, but she was befuddled by the boxes Owen kicked at her.

+1 for Owen

#406 1 year ago

The horrid writing:

I feel like we should wait to heR her medichloriad level before saying she couldn't survive a severed spine?

#407 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hot garbag finale. My internet to Disney crashed with 8 minutes to go.
    Thank you.

You got your moneys worth from Disney plus.

#408 1 year ago

The horrid writing:

The transport ship can only maneuver side to side . Really . Who’s drivin that thing?

#409 1 year ago

I liked some things.

Is there enough good footage in this mess to have someone like Zack Snyder come in and chop all the ridiculousness and give us a 2 hour "Kenobi - the Snyder Cut" ????

#410 1 year ago

so glad it's over. hopefully this thread will end soon too.

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

"Theres much more to be done"

Or whatever the hell he said

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:Well it was the only watchable parts.
    It will probably be remembered for lightsaber fights in the dark & boosted force powers.

HDR was really the best part about this series

They really love the force push and slide hold maneuver, but not as much as rocks.

#413 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gifstar-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    #414 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

This is a great recap of the series!
    HoakyPoaky Charles_Kline i know you guys will get a chuckle out of this one

Yeah that guy is annoying but made all the same valid points made here.

Calling Ice Cube’s kid Crushed Ice was pretty funny tho. I’m using that. Haha

#415 1 year ago

Just that one scene in ROTJ is better than this whole series.

#416 1 year ago

Ok so overall I really enjoyed this series. Did it have its faults-sure but I guess I was able to take it for what it is. I felt it helped connect and visualize another storyline in my head for more Star Wars background stories. Was it as good as Mando and Boba?-mmm probably not but it just was different fighting, etc. with light saber fights vs guns, etc. Apples and Oranges

My only gripe was the ending had a little too much cheese factor to it. I came to realize that they are not basing this series on middle aged white men-and that is ok. The ending was driven towards children and it showed. I said at the end-'May the Cheese be with You' instead of 'Force'.

I guess I am just thankful to have content-and no Lucas nor Disney ruined anything-it's all good to me

#417 1 year ago

This series should have never happened. The message recorded on R2D2 in Star Wars is very clear. Leia had never met Obi-Wan, only her father had.

https://www.starwars.com/video/help-me-obi-wan-kenobi

#418 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This series should have never happened. The message recorded on R2D2 in Star Wars is very clear. Leia had never met Obi-Wan, only her father had.
    https://www.starwars.com/video/help-me-obi-wan-kenobi

Wasn't a big fan of the series, but I don't think it is cut and dry. She never in any way mentions that she doesn't know him or they've never met.

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Wasn't a big fan of the series, but I don't think it is cut and dry. She never in any way mentions that she doesn't know him or they've never met.

I think if you were rescued by a Jedi master you would lead with that in your message.

#420 1 year ago

I think if you were rescued by a Jedi master you would lead with that in your message.

There is that.....

#421 1 year ago

I recently watched Severance from Apple TV around the same time I was watching kenobi (before I gave up on it). It occurred to me that really good shows have me eager to watch the next episode, and that is exactly the opposite of how I felt with kenobi. I felt like "Ugh... I still have to sit through three more episodes of this to see what happens." At no point was I eager to watch the next episode. I only felt like it was something to get through. I stopped in the middle of episode four because I just plainly wasn't enjoying it and there were other shows (like Severance) that actually had my interest.

#422 1 year ago

Well, you have a point there, lol.

#423 1 year ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Well, you have a point there, lol.

I disagree. They did a subtle ret-con there at the end when obi wan told Leia to never let it out that they know each other or it could be dangerous for them both. R2-D2’s message was “encoded” to cover that up. I was watching for some way they would cover for that. I thought it was decently played off.

#424 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I disagree. They did a subtle ret-con there at the end when obi wan told Leia to never let it out that they know each other or it could be dangerous for them both. R2-D2’s message was “encoded” to cover that up. I was watching for some way they would cover for that. I thought it was decently played off.

Your point makes no sense if the message was encoded. It was basically for Ben’s eyes only.

#425 1 year ago

Your point makes no sense if the message was encoded. It was basically for Ben’s eyes only.

Hmmm. I’m trying to think of the wording here. It was coded in case it was intercepted, nobody would know they had communicated before. In other words, not mentioning they know each other was on purpose.

#426 1 year ago

I always find it interesting how the hard core fans will explain justify every poorly written detail like it was all part of the master plan. It is obvious they are just making it up as they go. Disney knows all they need is even a loosely connected character from the originals and the fans will rave. The sheer volume of reviews that say, the entire show was terrible but we got baby Leia and a couple minutes of Blue and Red Obi Vs Vader action it was all worth it 10 out of 10, just reupped my subscription can't wait for Season 2.

#427 1 year ago

Go woke, Go broke. they should rewrite original trilogy and make Leia Luke, and Luke could be a princess. Han solo can fall in love with Luke.

coming 2023 . black star wars staring ice cube, nicki minaj and the force ghost of Mace windu.

#428 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I always find it interesting how the hard core fans will explain justify every poorly written detail like it was all part of the master plan. It is obvious they are just making it up as they go. Disney knows all they need is even a loosely connected character from the originals and the fans will rave. The sheer volume of reviews that say, the entire show was terrible but we got baby Leia and a couple minutes of Blue and Red Obi Vs Vader action it was all worth it 10 out of 10, just reupped my subscription can't wait for Season 2.

I definitely don’t think it was perfect. I said it was a ret-con, not that they had it all in a master plan. How could they?

I also feel like boomer Star Wars fans have to HATE anything new. Just because (gasp) it violates their ideas of how the force works. Or because there’s a show with a main character who is black or Asian (see post above). The horror!!

Can something Star Wars just be good? Is new and different ok? We complain when we rehash things (“sequel trilogy was a just another Death Star” or “the emperor again?”) and we complain when we change things up.

I liked Obi Wan. I didn’t love everything. I did love the last episode. So taken as a whole, I thought it was good.

#429 1 year ago

Criticize the writing, fine. Criticize the acting, fine. Criticize the storytelling, directing, fight choreography, in-universe continuity, sound, music, special effects, whatever, it's fine!

But there's a lot of telling on ourselves in this thread tossing in complaints of "diversity hire" and "woke agenda." If you're making a criticism that couldn't be applied if the character was straight, white, and male, maybe stop and have a think about why you're having the urge to do that rather than just blurting it out.

And good grief @ the reaction to the behind the scenes "The Talk" with Moses, and Ewen's public defense of her. I swear, every time racism is brought up, a bunch of fragile people become willfully illiterate. I promise you, no one told Moses "most Star Wars fans are racist." I promise you, no one said or even suggested that anyone who criticizes anything about her character is racist.

Quoted from mrm_4:

I watch Star Wars YouTube channels all week long. I never have organically came across someone upset about whatever the buzz issue is. I’m always TOLD “everyone’s upset about (enter race/gender) in Star Wars” and it’s always about a weak shallow character that has a lame role or sucks at acting. Then it’s backed by these SJW accounts that didn’t exist last week with screenshots of like 4 tweets from literal nobodies. It’s always the same song and dance with Disney Star Wars. So annoying. The 3rd Sister is a lame character played by someone who isn’t doing it justice with her acting.
    You better like her character no matter what and don’t you question anything or point anything out that says otherwise or you’re a racist misogynist pig.

This post actually nailed what Moses was warned about and what Ewen called out, without realizing it. When they talk about the hate and harassment someone is getting, whether it's Moses Ingram, John Boyega, or Kelly Marie Tran, they aren't talking about disgruntled fan channels on youtube. The racist backlash isn't some video you have to click a link or search up to watch. They are actually 100% talking about mobs of "literal nobodies" sending anonymous hate messages on twitter/insta/whatever directly to their intended victims. Articles about it might only take the time to show you four or ten examples, but there are hundred, sometimes thousands of them. Being nobodies doesn't make it any less horrible to experience or to witness.

Quoted from cnuts13:

Go woke, Go broke.

Unlikely, because the number of people who actively want to see more diverse representation plus the number of people who aren't bothered in the least by it comfortably outnumber the people who actively get mad when they see people of color and lgbt representation in their SW/LotR/Marvel/whatever.

Quoted from cnuts13:

Luke could be a princess.

I mean, did you watch the original trilogy? Luke was always a princess.

Quoted from cnuts13:

Han solo can fall in love with Luke.

Let's be real though, we all know it would be the other way around.

#430 1 year ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

Go woke, Go broke. they should rewrite original trilogy and make Leia Luke, and Luke could be a princess. Han solo can fall in love with Luke.
    coming 2023 . black star wars staring ice cube, nicki minaj and the force ghost of Mace windu.

More like, go woke, rake in billions of dollars.

Where do you people come up with this shit?

I’m also three episodes in and I don’t understand what’s “woke” about it. Are you another pinsider mad that there’s black people on tv?

Didn’t you like Lando? What’s the problem?

#431 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m also three episodes in and I don’t understand what’s “woke” about it. Are you another pinsider mad that there’s black people on tv?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lando is the man. hes my hero. the show is a bait and switch. should be about Obi wan. I forget the girls name. shes a terrible character. terrible actress in my opinion. the show revolves around her. she sucks big time. Why does she want to kill luke?? what a plot hole!! on a side note child Leia is also a joke. [Removed] John Favreau should be the only one allowed to touch star wars aside from George lucas.

No more purple haired dikes and diversity quotas pleaseeeeeeee

#432 1 year ago

Ah thanks for stating that so eloquently, now I understand.

#433 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ah thanks for stating that so eloquently, now I understand.

You know, people throw around "LOL" a lot, just toss it in anywhere without a thought. Hell, I kinda use it as punctuation sometimes when an exclamation mark seems too extra and a period seems too dead behind the eyes. So I just want to be clear about this LOL I'm about to type. It's a real, honest-to-god laughing out loud literally in real life (irl). When I read your post I squawked involuntarily because I had a mouthful of nachos, then I inhaled about 1% of my lung capacity in nacho crumbs, and I have not stopped laughing yet.

LOL

#434 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I definitely don’t think it was perfect. I said it was a ret-con, not that they had it all in a master plan. How could they?
    I also feel like boomer Star Wars fans have to HATE anything new. Just because (gasp) it violates their ideas of how the force works. Or because there’s a show with a main character who is black or Asian (see post above). The horror!!
    Can something Star Wars just be good? Is new and different ok? We complain when we rehash things (“sequel trilogy was a just another Death Star” or “the emperor again?”) and we complain when we change things up.
    I liked Obi Wan. I didn’t love everything. I did love the last episode. So taken as a whole, I thought it was good.

Yeah, my issues are not with anything to do with how things were back in the day. My issue is the standard has changed over the last 45 or so years. I expect a little more for my entertainment dollars. There is no excuse for this B tier writing, acting, story telling, choreography on a franchise this massive. There is only so many hours available to watch shows and I hate that everyone accepts this garbage. This is the best we can get for Star Wars TV. People need to start comparing this to what it could have been not just accepting that 5 minutes of it weren't terrible. I thought the black third sister was super problematic, people complain about wokeness and Disney is still parading out the token angry black women that has no value to themselves or any other character.

#435 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

You know, people throw around "LOL" a lot, just toss it in anywhere without a thought. Hell, I kinda use it as punctuation sometimes when an exclamation mark seems too extra and a period seems too dead behind the eyes. So I just want to be clear about this LOL I'm about to type. It's a real, honest-to-god laughing out loud literally in real life (irl). When I read your post I squawked involuntarily because I had a mouthful of nachos, then I inhaled about 1% of my lung capacity in nacho crumbs, and I have not stopped laughing yet.
    LOL

I invented the LLOL (literal laugh out loud) for just such occasions.

#436 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

100% true, whole post.

#437 1 year ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

Lando is the man. hes my hero. the show is a bait and switch. should be about Obi wan. I forget the girls name. shes a terrible character. terrible actress in my opinion. the show revolves around her. she sucks big time. Why does she want to kill luke?? what a plot hole!! on a side note child Leia is also a joke. [Removed] John Favreau should be the only one allowed to touch star wars aside from George lucas.
    No more purple haired dikes and diversity quotas pleaseeeeeeee

Bwahaha. Once again, all the shit people complain aboot but still the fucking purple hair! little kids walking around with purple hair everywhere i go but this was like the most offensive thing for the woke/broke crowd. So weird.

#438 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah, my issues are not with anything to do with how things were back in the day. My issue is the standard has changed over the last 45 or so years. I expect a little more for my entertainment dollars. There is no excuse for this B tier writing, acting, story telling, choreography on a franchise this massive. There is only so many hours available to watch shows and I hate that everyone accepts this garbage. This is the best we can get for Star Wars TV. People need to start comparing this to what it could have been not just accepting that 5 minutes of it weren't terrible. I thought the black third sister was super problematic, people complain about wokeness and Disney is still parading out the token angry black women that has no value to themselves or any other character.

Og Star Wars wasn’t the best acting/writing. Watch them again with a critical eye.

#439 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Og Star Wars wasn’t the best acting/writing. Watch them again with a critical eye.

That is my point 45 years and people still accept the same garbage. Entertainment has taken massive leaps in quality especially with streaming service but for some reason Star Wars is still 70’s B tier. Why the fans all rave it’s good because it’s still as bad as ever is beyond me. If people held it to a bare minimum standard of today maybe Disney would stop churning out crap.

#440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

That is my point 45 years and people still accept the same garbage. Entertainment has taken massive leaps in quality especially with streaming service but for some reason Star Wars is still 70’s B tier. Why the fans all rave it’s good because it’s still as bad as ever is beyond me. If people held it to a bare minimum standard of today maybe Disney would stop churning out crap.

Yeah. I’m certainly guilty. I like/love it all. Low standards really enable me to enjoy Star Wars a lot.

1 week later
    #441 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I heard a story on NPR about this recently. This is the main problem with the Writers Guild in general today. In the last decade there has been an explosion in worldwide film production, TV programming, multiple streaming services.....all completing for your dollars, with an endless thirst for new content. There simply aren't enough good writers to go around anymore, and the good ones get to pick & choose whatever projects they want. So it makes it even more frustrating when high profile franchises like Star Wars end up with bad scripts & poor writing.

In the past, problematic scripts from inexperienced screenwriters would have been tossed in the trash. Now they get greenlit instantly for streaming services. They'll last a season & never get renewed. Or the show will burn out fast after a couple seasons. Most the movies & shows produced today are generally consumed fast & then quickly forgotten. Turn & burn. Or they revive nostalgic properties & beat them into the ground. I saw they're making a new Goonies TV show on Apple+. For god's sake, give it a rest.

#442 1 year ago

There are some silver linings though.

I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once last weekend. Good Lord. The most original creative film I've seen since Being John Malkovich. Really outside-the-box thinking. The creative writing, great acting, directing, insane editing, impressive visuals, colorful costumes, martial arts action, heartfelt drama, zen philosophy & the meaning of life..... it really was a wild thought provoking ride. Jump into the deep end on this one & just go with the flow. It should sweep every award this year. Plus Short Round/Data is in it! It was his first acting role in like 30 years, and he was phenomenal. High recommend it.

#443 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

There are some silver linings though.
    I saw Everything Everywhere All at Once last weekend. Good Lord. The most original creative mind blowing film I've seen since Being John Malkovich. Really outside-the-box thinking. The creative writing, great acting, directing, insane editing, impressive visuals, colorful costumes, martial arts action, heartfelt drama, zen philosophy & the meaning of life..... it really was a wild thought provoking ride. Jump into the deep end on this one & just go with the flow. It should sweep every award this year. Plus Short Round/Data is in it! It was his first acting role in like 30 years, and he was phenomenal. High recommend it.

1000% agree. That movie was awesome. Also saw another time travel movie, this one Japanese, called “Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes”. SUUUUPER low budget, but so unbelievably well planned and written, and it looks like a studio movie. Pretty great surprise - and it’s free on Tubi!

#444 1 year ago

Everything Everywhere All at Once was great and really enjoyable.

I think it had a much deeper meaning about mental health and suicide.

#445 1 year ago

Everything Everywhere All at Once was great and really enjoyable.
    I think it had a much deeper meaning about mental health and suicide.

Damn, I actually forgot about that whole part. That movie was really something else

#446 1 year ago
    #447 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

I liked some things.
    Is there enough good footage in this mess to have someone like Zack Snyder come in and chop all the ridiculousness and give us a 2 hour "Kenobi - the Snyder Cut" ????

See, this is what I was asking for.

#448 1 year ago

Ha. Well that didn't even last a day. Links already taken down. No way Disney was going to allow that to be distributed.

#449 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ha. Well that didn't even last a day. Links already taken down. No way Disney was going to allow that to be distributed.

I knew I should’ve downloaded it instead just watching it. If anyone downloaded it please let me know.

#450 1 year ago

I didn't see it either. I'm sure a download link will pop up somewhere again, since there are copies floating around.

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-/page/9?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.