Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 483 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif
    notagain (resized).png
    notthis (resized).jpg
    F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    iib (resized).jpg
    287F5EB1-EA00-4094-B315-2570507B5A6A (resized).jpeg
    fleshwound (resized).jpg
    ROCKS.gif
    yoda.gif
    jump.gif
    EAD3431E-5AA6-4606-9047-36F32A43E5A3.gif
    22223408-AA5E-4C64-ABDF-96AB868BBFFB (resized).jpeg
    WnoPDJ.gif
    hdgonk (resized).png
    gonk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha so you're expecting a "look back" montage of the reason he could've bit didn't coming up? Might actually happen with this show.

Yeah, I could see it lol! Very anime vibes, like everyone surviving light sabers to the guts by the sheer power of their desire for revenge.

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Different planets allow you to wield the force to varying strengths. Duh!

Planet gravitational force on the medichlorides of course!

#353 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Was there even AI used in that Anakin model? It just looked like old Anakin to me. When they first started those scenes, I actually thought it might be some alternate reality Anakin (or ObiWan) were daydreaming about.

That part was so weird. It would have been so much better to see a flash back of long hair Anakin in battle in the clone wars than whatever tf that was. Looking a little war torn would have fit the actors current appearance a little better.

I was excited for Hayden to have a chance to redeem his charterer on this show, maybe bring in a bit of how much of a bad ass Anakin was in the Clone Wars show but like everything else star wars, Disney screwed the whole thing up.

#354 1 year ago

Watched this one because I was told it was the best series so far. I started season one of Mandalorian but tapped out pretty quick. I managed to watch this all the way through but it is just so bad. Why does Disney think that if you want to appeal to children you need a script that was written by a child. The story just doesn't make any sense. Ewan is solid with what he had to work with, Moses also did an incredible job but I didn't love the role of angry black women with no value. Everyone talks about how "woke" Disney is but that role was super weird. Leia had a couple moments but the writing was laughable for that character.

#355 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

That part was so weird. It would have been so much better to see a flash back of long hair Anakin in battle in the clone wars than whatever tf that was. Looking a little war torn would have fit the actors current appearance a little better.
    I was excited for Hayden to have a chance to redeem his charterer on this show, maybe bring in a bit of how much of a bad ass Anakin was in the Clone Wars show but like everything else star wars, Disney screwed the whole thing up.

I thought the flashback scenes were the best of the series so far, but was hoping for some good dialog/drama, but I should have known that bar was set to high.

#356 1 year ago

That's all the show should have been. Practically writes itself.

Obiwan still broken man but called off Tatooine for some macguffin, like a Jedi holocron containing a big secret, which gets captured by Inquisitors. The macguffin directly ties into Owiban & Anakins story connection during their time together during the Clone Wars (between Ep II & III), and Obiwan must recover it to keep discovery of the twins secret. He must get to it before it is delivered to Vader & he figures out how to open it.

Lots of flash backs (de-aged with deepfake) of battles & personal connection between them, or even live action backstory for younger Ashoka. Once off planet he's discovered after acquiring the maguffin, then Vader & the Inquisitors start chasing him down. Finale of show is Vader & Obiwan, real emotional meeting & confrontation. He learns Anakin is truly lost, beats him by outsmarting him, being the master. Full character growth for Obiwan. Escapes & overcomes his failures, becomes Zen Obiwan in the process, twins secret is kept safe.

Great show. Shit that should have even been a big budget movie.

Instead we get little kiddies, 3rd sister, female spies, lightsaber gut stab recovery and huge pile of steaming shit. Disney blows. They have no interest in making content like this for the adult older fans.

#357 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They have no interest in making content like this for the adult older fans.

See exhibit A: Sequel "Rey" Trilogy.

#358 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Practically writes itself.

So, instead of some gizmo, think of Kid Leia as your mcguffin, and suddenly your description is really close to the actual show, the first paragraph pretty much 100%.

The lots of Anakin/Obi-Wan flashbacks, or redeeming Anakin's character, I don't know, we already got 7 seasons of Clone Wars that did both those things fantastically well. What would the point be?

I'd definitely lose my mind for some pre-padawan Ahsoka stories, but I'm guessing we'll see some of that in her show - assuming it's still a thing, I'm so out of the loop on what they still have coming and what they've shelved.

#359 1 year ago

Its funny, you guys are succeeding at making me hate this show

I think going into it with low expectations made it fun and there was enough for me to like to overlook the much-discussed flaws. It is fun if you don't over think it.

I do believe it is way better than the entire sequel trilogy and Boba Fett. But no where near as good as OT, Rouge One, or Mandalorian.

Biggest flaw for me is how often Disney relies on a fake out death scene. Especially with the lightsaber-to-the-gut survival. Just very lazy.

Also disappointed by all the same played out storyline tropes -

Sneaking into a heavily guarded base
    miraculous escapes off of planets
    Outwitting really stupid bad guys, etc

These have been done so many times before in Star Wars. Its just cheapening the predecessor movies that did it much better.

And for me the biggest crime with these are the storytelling time that is wasted that could have been used to develop the Anakin / Obi Wan back story, the Obi Wan getting his mojo back storyline, etc.

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

So, instead of some gizmo, think of Kid Leia as your mcguffin, and suddenly your description is really close to the actual show, the first paragraph pretty much 100%.
    The lots of Anakin/Obi-Wan flashbacks, or redeeming Anakin's character, I don't know, we already got 7 seasons of Clone Wars that did both those things fantastically well. What would the point be?
    I'd definitely lose my mind for some pre-padawan Ahsoka stories, but I'm guessing we'll see some of that in her show - assuming it's still a thing, I'm so out of the loop on what they still have coming and what they've shelved.

Ahsoka show coming. Same with Mando 3 and Cassian Andor show.

Hopefully not boba 2. Ugh

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Ahsoka show coming. Same with Mando 3 and Cassian Andor show.
    Hopefully not boba 2. Ugh

Glad to hear, Ahsoka is my all-time fav. I'm still not used to her live-action version not having Ashley Eckstein's voice, but I liked how they portrayed her in Mando 2 anyway.

I watched the first 2 Boba episodes and kinda forgot about it.

#362 1 year ago

Guys, I’ve got it! New theory

The Vader didn’t capture Obi-Wan because fire oh noes scene in part 3, right? What if the flashback to their practice duel in part 5 where Obi tells Anakin his need for victory blinds him is a callback to two episodes earlier? Vader has learned better, and rather than indulging in the need for the instant gratification of torturing and killing Obi-Wan, he’s thinking, “Why have you appeared suddenly after 10 years of hiding?” “What is soooo important to you that you’re here right now?” “Maybe let’s keep you on the line and see where you lead me…”

And 3rd Sister surviving a second gut stabbing from Vader, well, what if Vader wanted to let her live on purpose. “Obi was wise to use you against me.” Now he’s thinking, she brought him into the open and tracked him down once, maybe she can do it again. So, with his magical force feelings, he stabbed her in the precisely exact same spot as he did when she was a youngling. Owie! Right in the scar tissue! Leaving her injured but alive, and with the obvious conclusion that getting revenge on Vader is out of reach, but at least she can try to hurt Obi-Wan for using her.

He’s been reeling them in, slow-burn style all this time!! A budding master manipulator! Picked up a trick or two from ole Sidious over the last decade.

Those are my thoughts and I’m sticking to them until I’m proven wrong with this week’s final episode. ;-P

Crafting this fan theory took a mental toll, so I’m afraid I’ve got no explanation currently for the enormous kidnapper deterrent qualities of Alderaanian tree branches. Ditto the prior 2 of 3 lightsaber gut impalings.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#363 1 year ago

Thoughts on final Episode?

It's out now....

#364 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Thoughts on final Episode?
    It's out now....

bleh

#365 1 year ago

Starting series now, setting phasers to low expectations

#366 1 year ago

Fell asleep before predictable ending.

#367 1 year ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Starting series now, setting phasers to low expectations

Just finished. Entertaining for a show where you know none of the characters are going to die! Poor writing. Vader needed to pick a lane. Is he an OP unstoppable force or a robotic bitch? Who knows?

#368 1 year ago

Oh fuck me. My literal LOL moment of the series.

F18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpegF18E3501-6A0F-4C0D-9227-113B82AB6C75 (resized).jpeg
    #369 1 year ago
    notthis (resized).jpgnotthis (resized).jpg
    #370 1 year ago
    notagain (resized).pngnotagain (resized).png
    #371 1 year ago

Some final thoughts….

The final duel was done well IMO. There was emotion & drama overall between the characters. And better choreography since Obiwan got his mojo back. The cracked Vader helmet & seeing eye to eye was great. I loved Vader’s “No…I killed Anakin line”, since now it makes Obiwan’s explanation to Luke in Ep IV the truth, instead of a white lie. The scene with Emperor questioning Vader’s loyalty was great too. But the force powers, lifting & projectile hurling 100s of rocks? It’s jarring to older fans. They just want cool looking CGI effects, screw the classic laws of the force.

The appearance of Quigon was very satisfying. One of the only smiles of the entire series. I was here all along my friend, you just weren’t ready to see me. Everyone who’s lost a loved one can relate to that.

But rest of it was hot garbage. More of the same dumb shit…

1. 3rd sister survives a 3rd lightsaber to gut with no explanation. She gets to Tatooine injured & without a ship while Obiwan STILL on the transport ship. Can she teleport now too? Just horrible editing.

2. 3rd sister entire character arc & burning up all that valuable screen time was completely pointless. Take her out of the show, it changes absolutely nothing. Another example of Disney checking boxes & pushing a character just for agenda sake. The criticism was completely warranted. A pointless character played by a lousy actor. If they do a 3rd sister spin-off they have lost their minds.

3. Aunt Breu! STRONG WARRIOR WOMAN FIGHTER! Who knew!?!?! Pussy Uncle Owen ready to bitch out & turn tail! Of course he would! He should be in the kitchen, making dinner & pouring the blue milk right??? Glad Disney set the record straight on this couple!

4. So farmboy Luke told it’s a Tuskin raid & he has to hide. But then he clearly sees that it’s a Sith Lord chasing him down, trying to kill him for no fucking reason. Not the kind of thing you’d forget right??? Can’t wait for Pablo Hidalgo to explain he hit his head on that rock, got amnesia, and completely forgot this HUGE traumatic event of his childhood. This is EXACTLY what you call fucking with cannon.

5. My other literal LOL moment of the show was when Obiwan surprises little Leia on Alderan. She runs to him….and completely ignores him by grabbing the Lola droid! Not even a hug!!!! LOOOOOOLAAAAAHHH!!!! Haha. I guess this explains why she walked right past Chewie after Hans death in Ep 7. What a terrible character flaw Leia!

6. So Vader & the empire will not rest. Threat remains to the children. We must be careful! We must be alert! NAHHHH. Obi OUT bitches! C ya!!!!

Once they see the generally negative legitimate criticism of the show from average viewers, they better leave it alone. Certainly not with these directors & writers. Overall huge letdown. Biggest since sequel trilogy. Lots of fan support lost with this one. Another great opportunity squandered by a Kennedy project.

#372 1 year ago

Just my 2 cents:

Manolorian = good

Boba Feta = really bad

Obi-Wan = awful

#373 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just my 2 cents:
    Manolorian = good
    Boba Feta = really bad
    Obi-Wan = awful

I have to agree. Boba was a wimp. Obi-Wan is a guy who drives a Chevette and works at Walmart.

#374 1 year ago

Hot garbag finale. My internet to Disney crashed with 8 minutes to go.

Thank you.

#375 1 year ago

I completely disagree with you all. That was freaking awesome. My daughter and I were screaming and cheering. Obi wan was finally a badass. Typical tiny plot holes but overall that redeemed the series. Full disclosure I’m a serious Star Wars fan. New trilogy and all. Love it.

#376 1 year ago

I agree 100% with what Hoakey said, especially with the end fight with Vader and Obi-Wan. The scene with Vader's mask practically cut off with the light saber strike was awesome and Vader's line of him already killing Anakin put everything back in perspective. Still, if I was Obi-Wan I would have somehow destroyed Vader's ship (or take it and destroy the other) and left Vader stranded there.

At the end of the day I still enjoyed the series and a whole lot more than I enjoyed Boba (minus the train heist and Boba finally get his Slave 1 ship back and getting revenge on those desert pirates...that was cool) Sometimes I find myself judging a show by the number of action figures I collect from it. I found myself only buying Boba and his female assassin from the show because the rest of the characters just didn't interest me at all, especially the ones driving the multicolor Disney park ride scooters (vomiting) I think the reason why Mando is a greater series because he's such a new character and they could do anything they want with him since no one knows Mando like they know Obi-Wan and Boba, living his life in our SW universe while introducing us to new, interesting characters (Greef, Cara Dune, Moff Gideon, Grogu, etc) Being a HUGE Star Wars fan, it would still take a lot more for me to say I at least didn't find something enjoyable in these new series.

I actually didn't mind the 3rd sister. I mean, she looked cool and I think there could be more of a character development. After all, I recall when Ahsoka first came on scene everybody bashed her and she ended up being one of the best characters in the "newest" SW franchise. But when Disney and Ewan told the actress that she should be prepared for the hatred of SW fans because most of us are "racist" and is going to dog her acting and her character for that sole reason only even before the pilot episode aired, I couldn't help but put her and her character she was portraying under the microscope because of those words. They can say what they want, but the color of the skin doesn't effect my decision if I like the character or not. Heck, I even bought the action figure of the 3rd sister even before the show was aired, so bite me Disney! I liked these Sith characters (vindicators) and she reminded me alot of the 2nd sister portrayal in the video game Fallen Jedi, which is an excellent game.

Maybe it's just me, but I really thought the special effects scenes (especially the ship flying scenes) looked bad in the last episode, at least not to SW standards. Something like special effects on a rushed television show and just didn't look right to me. Who knows, maybe I'm just being too picky.

#377 1 year ago

So the show had lots of loop holes and yes you can vaguely explain them but the final dual with Vader/Obi Wan was dumb. Vader had a chance to kill Obi Wan and didn’t….Obi Wan fights back and has a chance to kill Vader but doesn’t…..obviously they both had to live for the original trilogy to happen but they did a POOR job of explaining why neither killed the other when they EASILY could have….at the very least there could have been some outside interference or something happen that both had to escape to live and resume the fight another day.

It was entertaining but the story was poorly written. The laws of The Force have been rewritten and have ruined the entire franchise for me. Apparently it doesn’t take years to learn the force and you can pretty much do anything…..

I just hope Mando has more to offer and remains decent but I have my doubts.

#378 1 year ago

I'm pissed that there was no scene with r2d2 and c3po also no explanation on how certain Jedi disappear. Kinda just a mediocre show a solid C.

#379 1 year ago

The Vader/obi-won stuff was great. That final battle was epic, however I don't think we needed six episodes to get there.

Luke and Leia being shoe horned into the plot just made the canon messier and was not needed at all.

The third sister could've been great hunting down obi-won, but the acting/writing just wasn't there.

overall - some great highs but a lot of lows

#380 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I'm pissed that there was no scene with r2d2 and c3po also no explanation on how certain Jedi disappear. Kinda just a mediocre show a solid C.

I thought the Jedi death vault Vader had in the basement was explanation enough!

#381 1 year ago

I enjoyed the show. I enjoyed the series. Great seeing Ewan and other actors from the prequels get back in the game.

Loved the duel in the last episode. Great seeing Qui-Gon at the end.

Looking forward to watching Andor this fall.

#382 1 year ago

series was ok overall. I enjoyed it and am glad they did it. I dont get everyones hate on the 3rd sister. I thought the actress did a great job and I actually thought her story arc was fine. The whole everyone survives a lightsaber to the gut(except Qui Gon!) is a bit annoying I guess. Its like mission impossible everyone is wearing other peoples faces as masks!

I think everyone needs to also realize Darth isnt at his full badass sith powers just yet. Hes still learning and Obi Wan is still teaching him about his flaws it seems. After all Darth does say in A new Hope he was but a learner last time they met.

#383 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I’m a serious Star Wars fan. New trilogy and all. Love it.

Wow!! Just wow.. Maybe you are the one. Maybe the rest of us don’t have enough midi-chlorians. You probably knew that midi-chlorians is hyphenated. Obi-wan series is one thing, but the new trilogy? There is so much to choose from, but you do realize that the Holdo Maneuver destroyed the entire point of A New Hope?

If being critical makes us not enjoy something, what is the point? But if we are not thinking when watching something, why even watch? Reminds me of Bill Hurt in the Big Chill- “You’re so analytical, sometimes you have to let art… flow over you.” I’ll have to watch the new trilogy again and do shots every time Disney put in a character that only checks boxes- let the art flow!

#384 1 year ago

I just can't overcome the terrible writing and stupidity. It's just all so artificial and pointless, I don't see how anyone can care. They just make characters so dumb and pointless and it doesn't make any sense, then when they are only half as stupid we are meant to cheer at how great they are. You can't redeem a character when the entire arc is garbage.

#385 1 year ago

I think that as time passes, all people will really remember about this show are the Kenobi/Anakin moments, which really delivered what fans were wanting.

Don’t believe me? Wait for the edited YouTube video with added deepfake effects which pieces together just the good obi/Anakin moments of the show. It will be less than 10 minutes long, but it will be all you really need to see (or remember) about this show. The added kid fluff & reva subplots really weren’t needed at all.

#386 1 year ago

Something like this video. It’s not perfect but boy does it nail Anakin/Vader’s character arc.

#387 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think that as time passes, all people will really remember about this show are the Kenobi/Anakin moments...

Well it was the only watchable parts.
    It will probably be remembered for lightsaber fights in the dark & boosted force powers.

#388 1 year ago

For me the Kenobi/Vader moments have the same problems as everything else. They are still playing this we're bros nonsense. All that and he just leaves Vader alive to continue slaughtering millions. All these fights till someone says Uncle are so dumb.

#389 1 year ago

Christensen will get plenty of chances to reprise his role again too.

Anakin was a huge part of Ashoka’s backstory, so I’m sure there will be some flashbacks in that show. Plus a mature Vader is around for the Andor series. And who knows? Perhaps Vader might get his own show.

There’s still some character development to be played out in the 8 years between this show & Rogue One. Plenty of books covering the relationship between Vader & the Emperor. Just leave Kenobi out of it, Becuase they’ve tied that plot line to Episode IV pretty well now.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

...They are still playing this we're bros nonsense. ...

Totally.
    "Then my old friend really is gone."

Umm...no shit dude what more did you need?

Also, I guess i never noticed how shitty Vader is with a lightsaber. Outmatched by everyone he faced.

#391 1 year ago

I had such high hopes for this show but gd what a pile of crap.

#392 1 year ago

It's just a shame. When I watch Alec Guinness and the original Vader - they are so much more than men. They were myths in the making.

Modern writers treat them like they're everyday bitches.

#393 1 year ago

If new stories don’t at least maintain some consistency of rules in that universe (let alone the characters) you lose the audience.
    This seems to happen over and over with SW and it’s not the fans fault.

#394 1 year ago

Old lame force powers are for boomer & X'rs; Fights gotta be like Dr. Strange these days and palms and hind jive.
    Vaders ripping a troop transport apart is...well...fucking awesome! But the force escalation that comes after it is totally overblown.

#395 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Old lame force powers are for boomer & X'rs; Fights gotta be like Dr. Strange these days and palms and hind jive.
    Vaders ripping a troop transport apart is...well...fucking awesome!

We need more rocks to move dammit!!

#396 1 year ago

a Luke Chase . Damn Anikan's kids can not run for sheeeet / Was the best episode of the bunch . Just for the vader/kenobi/QuiGon/ and Flashbacks scenes this Show was worth watching .

#397 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

We need more rocks to move dammit!!

Seriously. Why would the Dark Side take the time to kill *puke in my mouth* younglings when they could force them to use their mind to build more death stars? C'mon guys. Work smarter not eviler.

#398 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

a Luke Chase . Damn Anikan's kids can not run for sheeeet / Was the best episode of the bunch . Just for the vader/kenobi/QuiGon/ and Flashbacks scenes this Show was worth watching .

That was the girls rule boys drool parts of Disney's message. Little Leia can do anything and everything but Luke is a worthless goober.

#399 1 year ago

Little Leia can do anything and everything but Luke is a worthless goober.

Now now; blame Lucas. Before getting the force this is exactly the way it was.

#400 1 year ago

The horrid writing:

So Vader stabs Reva through the spine then just leaves and Reva then crawls over to the communication device and sees Bail say tatooine and then she what, crawls to her ship, flys to tatooine, lands, walks to the market, asks where Owen is then it gets dark while she walked out to the moisture farm ALL while Vader's star destroyer is still chasing the transport ship while blasting it? wtf.

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-/page/8?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.